Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-02-25, 04:36   Link #821
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Was the loli Chris rape necessary? I mean really we get that she had a shitty life in a war torn country but to add rape as shock value.

In Rinne no Larange Muginami had a shitty planet. As a child she was beaten the crap off for stealing apples but she wasn't raped for it.
And in Mirai Nikki, we've had 2 rapes and more incoming...

Just shrug and blame it on Decade. Or Japan.
Old 2012-02-25, 11:26   Link #822
Ray
Garnet

Symphogear is shaping up to be one of my favorite shows of the current season, and that's mainly because of Chris. As long as she gets a satisfying ending, I'll more than likely enjoy the ending of this anime.

Ahh, I love Chris' diminutive transformation song. I just can't get enough of her singing; I'm definitely going to buy her character CD as soon as it gets released. It was nice to see her fight Noise for a change. I would absolutely love to see her give Finé a bruising, though. Unlikely, but meh, I can hope. I wonder where she’s going to live now that Finé no longer needs her.

Give Genjurou a relic already! I’m sure he'd be able to eliminate the Noise crisis with great ease. Seriously, he must be the only non-Symphogear user willing to fight Noise.

Hibiki and Miku are so adorrrable! I’m glad that they made up, but I can't but feel that this is going to make Hibiki’s supposed death all the more tragic. :<

Oh yes, Ryouko only shows up after the Noise had been dealt with.

Volume #1 Cover Art:

Fan art:

Spoiler for Chris <3 (Large Size):

Oh, and there's this if anyone wants it.

Last edited by Ray; 2012-02-25 at 12:06.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-25, 11:47   Link #823
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

What I love about Symphogear is that the characters aren't exceptional - they're normal people in exceptional situations. The spat between Hibiki and Miku is a perfect example. For all the angst it caused here, they were just two kids who got in over their heads emotionally and had problems. They worked it out, so we move on.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-25, 12:01   Link #824
ookamigirl

So Chris unintentionally got herself a friend.
And a pretty selfless one too.
Nice episode. Hope to see more of that girl 'cause she seems like an interesting character.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-25, 14:22   Link #825
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
But that's exactly what the "Swan song" does if I recall the previous explanation given by the anime - allows the user to channel extreme amounts of power while completely disregarding the side effects. Those being that the body can't handle all that extra stress (And if we take the excessive bleeding seriously, that indicates quite severe internal organ damage); it's like flipping the safety switch off, flooring the pedal and revving it in the red zone until the engine explodes.

Tsubasa survived because she received medical care quickly, and perhaps she was in a better shape physically than Kanade to start with (coupled with being a natural symphogear user) - who knows what side effects all those drugs Kanade had to take in order to use symphogear had on her health and metabolism.
Also, the general definition of a swan song is the final song before the person's downfall. It is the final rise before the fall. A song really can't be called a swan song if there's no negative consequences afterwards.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-25, 17:35   Link #826
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Like how Miku befriended Chris. Glad Miku and Hibiki made up.
Old 2012-02-25, 22:38   Link #827
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Oh my Hibiki and Miku
Old 2012-02-26, 01:23   Link #828
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Beneath the Unchecked Sun

Fenie was literally absent from this episode, although Ryoko conveniently appears right after the Noise have been taken care of with Section 2 already doing the clean-up.

Glad to have seen Hibiki and Miku amending their relationship, and confessing their flaws to each other.
Spoiler:

Glad also to expect that the waiting will last no longer when Tsubasa finally returns to the frontlines, teaming up with Hibiki, and the idea of Chris getting involved with the two of them but now as a comrade in battle and friend is imminent.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 03:53   Link #829
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Huh... is Hibiki's chest well endowed or her age? Hibiki is nothing compared to Chris ad Ryouko, but when she was next to Miku, she looked quite largein comparison.
Yeah, her breasts are well endowed for her age (15 years old), I mean medium-sized breasts, but it looks like she has big breasts during certain scenes.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 05:40   Link #830
Yurichan

Send a message via MSN to Yurichan
Dropped this one in a nearly stage. It's just way too mindf*ck. I did looked forward to the anime at first. For the possible relationships in the anime. There are relationships but it just fails and is overshadowed imo.

I am back, animesuki. From a long time of absence. Aren't you glad?
yurichan/s&t kawaii love
Yurichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 07:37   Link #831
ImagineThat
Cant think of one Sorry

So i dropped this at the second ep and decided to give it a second chance. After i got past the corniness (which has grown on me a lot, especially that training montage) this series is quite decent and maybe i'm alone on this but the writing and pacing seems to have improved quite a bit as the series has gone along.

Take for example the scene in ep one where Miku was visting Hibiki's grave and you had the the picture of Hibiki lying on it. The first thing that came to my mind was "Is this really the best picture they had of her? she kind of looks spastic". Of course after the events of the last episode, now i know there is some significance to it and they themselves acknowledged that it wasn't the most flattering picture. I found that to be a very nice touch.
ImagineThat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 10:51   Link #832
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImagineThat View Post
So i dropped this at the second ep and decided to give it a second chance. After i got past the corniness (which has grown on me a lot, especially that training montage) this series is quite decent and maybe i'm alone on this but the writing and pacing seems to have improved quite a bit as the series has gone along.

Take for example the scene in ep one where Miku was visting Hibiki's grave and you had the the picture of Hibiki lying on it. The first thing that came to my mind was "Is this really the best picture they had of her? she kind of looks spastic". Of course after the events of the last episode, now i know there is some significance to it and they themselves acknowledged that it wasn't the most flattering picture. I found that to be a very nice touch.
So now we need to know what happened for the rest of the series that will lead to episode 1 prologue(essentially the epilogue) right? Or maybe there will be more to this...
I found it bad too in the first place, but i still put up for it.. Really gives the result
Scarletknive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 12:25   Link #833
sirn
田舎者言うな

Newspaper in episode 7. Like always, from 2ch thread.

Quote:
雪音クリスさんは、世界的に有名なバイオリニスト雪音雅律(ゆきねまさのり)さんと、
その妻であり声楽家のソネット・M・ユキネさんとの間に生まれたひとり娘。
NGO活動団体に所属していた雪音さん一家は、政変以来国交の途絶しているバル・ベルデ共和国へ、
グアテマラを経由して入国。
各地で公演を行いつつ、難民救済を目的としたボランティア活動を行なってきた。
だが、拡大する戦線に巻き込まれ、雅律さんとソネットさんは死亡。
クリスさんも行方が掴めない状態が続き、その安否が気遣われていたが、
昨年11月末に実行された国連軍の武力介入時に生存が確認されたば(以降画面外)
Quote:
Yukine Chris is a daughter of the world-class violinist Yukine Masanori and a singer Sonet M Yukine. Yukine family enters Val Verde through Guatemala for NGO activity in Val Verde which has ceased all diplomatic relations with other countries since the political change. Their main activities were to volunteer in public performance and relief effort. Masanori and Sonet got caught in the expanding front line and died. Chris went missing until the end of November last year and was found during United Nations troops's armed intervention…
sirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 13:32   Link #834
Dark Wing

Well that explains why the commander said he failed to save her a second time.

It also brings up another interesting question...Why in the world would any parent take their only child to a war torn country in the middle of the political instability?
Old 2012-02-26, 13:47   Link #835
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Well that explains why the commander said he failed to save her a second time.

It also brings up another interesting question...Why in the world would any parent take their only child to a war torn country in the middle of the political instability?
Chris's past and the circumstances how she lost her parents remind me of another character with a similar background profile like hers.

Uryuu Minene from Mirai Nikki, and both pretty much hold an anti-adult resentment. However, Minene became her own solo-boss for her terrorist operations, while Chris got no so lucky when found and scouted by Fénie, and we all know how it turned bad for Chris at the end of the previous episode.
Old 2012-02-26, 13:53   Link #836
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Chris's past and the circumstances how she lost her parents remind me of another character with a similar background profile like hers.

Uryuu Minene from Mirai Nikki, and both pretty much hold an anti-adult resentment. However, Minene became her own solo-boss for her terrorist operations, while Chris got no so lucky when found and scouted by Fénie, and we all know how it turned bad for Chris at the end of the previous episode.
I was thinking more along the lines of Winery from FMA but at least her parents had the good sense to leave her at home...
Old 2012-02-26, 14:01   Link #837
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
I was thinking more along the lines of Winery from FMA but at least her parents had the good sense to leave her at home...
I thought of Minene, because she and Chris became orphans in the middle of a foreign country torn by war and all alone and by themselves. How they managed to survive is not completely explained, well at least for Minene.

Winrys' parents, on the other hand, left her home at the care of her grandmother, plus she had Ed & Al, as both neighbors and childhood friends, to make her company.
Yes, she felt all alone and miserable learning of her parents' deaths, but she at least had remaining family and friends to take care of her and give her love.

On the other hand, both Chris and Minene became absolutely lonely orphans after their respective parents' deaths with no one else to rely or confide and having to fend by themselves against very nasty people for the remainder of their childhoods.
Old 2012-02-26, 16:08   Link #838
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
On the other hand, both Chris and Minene became absolutely lonely orphans after their respective parents' deaths with no one else to rely or confide and having to fend by themselves against very nasty people for the remainder of their childhoods.
Well you got me there...
Old 2012-02-26, 21:22   Link #839
FateAnomaly

Seems like the back and forth argument over Miku and Hibiki had been for naught. They made up in just 1 week. Thats good too i guess.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 23:58   Link #840
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
At last (and I cried a bit). Next thing Miku can do is to beg and wear a Symphogear XD...

Tags
action, musical, original anime, science fiction, shounen, tragedy