Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-09-16, 09:37   Link #21
bluemist
i am the mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquillion
This is offtopic, but was Puchi Puri Yuushi good? I was considering watching it, but was turned off when I noticed that most of the reviews seemed to say that it didn't go anywhere.
Purely my opinion, but the characters of Puchi Puri Yuushi are the driving force of the series rather than the plot. So it's still a hit-or-miss depending if you would like the characters. I liked them. And more importantly the characters evolve and grow here (heh, like the Princess Maker games), in a way that no matter how 'filler' one episode is, there would have been something that has changed in the character dynamics and relationships. Princess Tutu also used the same approach.

Mahoromatic and Konomini never really made use of effective characterization. They merely made 'filler' episodes and slam the characters in it, without them 'growing up'. Let's go back to this He is My Master thingy. GAINAX might fall into the same trap. Pitting bland characters in filler episodes.
Old 2004-09-17, 01:34   Link #22
Aquillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe
The saving grace of shows like this is if it has good comedy. We'll see. I'm not close-minded enough to give a thumbs down to a show I haven't seen yet.

Too bad all we have is a pic--so that isn't really helping much at the moment, I guess.

Then again, first impressions matter a lot to me.
If you're really curious, you could track down the manga. It's being scanlated.

I did glance at a chapter of it once. It looked like a lot of random adventure-of-the-week stuff; it didn't make me want to find out any more about it. But that was just whatever part I happened to glance at, and it might just have been out of context.

Still, it's a shame. There's a lot of definitively good manga out there that could stand to be made into an anime... I guess Gainax just wants to stick to a proven formula.
Old 2004-09-18, 13:53   Link #23
Ojouchan

OK so I actuallly read the first chapter of this manga.
And yes it is all about fanservice (but then again, so is GAINAX. And be honest that is part of why we love them.)
But it also has it's hilarious moments.
I actually really liked the main characters little sister. I mean she's kind of the typical naive/idiot girl you run across in anime/manga but instead of getting into perverted situations (like sexy cosplay and such) on accicdent like we usually see with her type she seems to seek them out and enjoy them as much as the guys do. I don't know she made me laugh.
I will reserve judgement of the show till I see it.
Old 2004-09-19, 15:24   Link #24
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ojouchan
OK so I actuallly read the first chapter of this manga.
And yes it is all about fanservice (but then again, so is GAINAX. And be honest that is part of why we love them.)
Odd, I was under the impression that I liked their original works which featured superior plot and animations over the mindless drivel that is considered 'fanservice'.
Old 2005-12-18, 17:25   Link #25
paTKany
Aasu Ⅷ

Send a message via MSN to paTKany
Well, HiMM ended a half year ago...
I've only one thing left to say: He is My Master was one of my favorites in this year. Therefore, BUMP!

The manga still running, volume 4 will hit the streets next week.
http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/...566-4024710500
And a big 3500 yen artbook will come in February.
http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/...798566-4024710
Old 2005-12-18, 18:20   Link #26
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Aye, HIMM was certainly one of the funnier series of this year
Old 2005-12-31, 07:36   Link #27
eLcHaKeTeRo
Falls for it every time.

I watched like the first 4 or 5 episodes but then when i tryied to DL it it gave me a bunch of problems....whatever...but as far as i got into this series it was pretty good
Old 2006-04-26, 06:27   Link #28
tritoch

gah.. what happened to them after the show ended? Did they really turn into a couple
Old 2006-04-26, 07:36   Link #29
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I think a lot of people can agree with me, when i say that Yoshitaka really was the character that made that show! ^^;
Old 2006-04-26, 13:44   Link #30
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

One of the dirtiest little bastiche's I've seen, I'd agree
Old 2007-04-28, 10:00   Link #31
Zazie
Baka Ranger

Send a message via MSN to Zazie
XD i loved that show, I seen it all on youtube
Old 2007-05-11, 14:07   Link #32
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
omg i cant believe how small this thread is for such an epix series ;_;

firstly after watching the series i have to say that it has made it into my top 10 list...(which isnt very often something like this happens O.o)

this series had it all...comedy ~ check...fanservice ~ check...drama ~ check...maids ~ check...and even hints of love from izumi...(too bad this wasnt developed too much)

Yoshitaka definatly is a legend! a master of ecchi thoughts and full of arrogance he is just one of those characters you just love to hate ^__^ and well his acting skills is just top notch...just thinking of all the times he fooled me into thinking that he is actually "not that bad" has come back smacking into my face 10 times harder his tactics just cracks me up and with a fantasy which every otaku thinks of ~ he is out there to make it happen (and succeeding )...i just laughed my ass off every time he schemes near the end of each ep about what he is going to do the izumi next XD overall hes your generic ecchi madman with zest :3

Izumi ~ okey she is hot! (hehe just had to say that) ~ but seriously i feel for her...she is harrassed like theres no tomorrow ~ it just seems like the whole world is out there to get into her chest but over time her character begins to change as we will notice...she begins to get used to the daily traumas and eventually longs to be with yoshitaka (god forbid...not even she knows why she cares for him so...) ~ but besides getting annoyed to the max by the people around her izumi's one role is to care for her sister mitsuki...now that is sisterly love to die for

i forgot how many times i completely died laughing at izumi getting into troublesome situations caused by either yoshitaka but for the most time its due to mitsuki...

mitsuki ~ this girl is a bag of troubles...i suggest evenryone to run away from her as fast as possible outside she may just look like a harmless loli but in reality she probably has the highest IQ out of all the cast...she doesnt mean to cause trouble but in fact does it out of fun...which usually cause head pains for izumi what i find really sweet about her is her innocence (yea right O.o akuma at heart lol) but surely she has a more mature mind that izumi...being the manager of her sister and the person who handles the money i can easily say that mitsuki is one of those manipulative types using her cute charms to tame even yoshitaka

Anna ~ She was originally attracted to Yoshitaka, but because of bizarre circumstances, she fell in love with Izumi and became Yoshitaka's maid in order to follow Izumi ~ boy is this girl crazy...the yuri element of her personality is just golden! XD the amount of times she has harrassed izumi can even match or beat yoshikata...well at least she took her first kiss O.o awesome character i must say and a highly loveable one at that ^__^ just remembering the amount of times she tries to get izumi yo bed always gives a smile to my face

and finally pochi...as far as "pet character" goes this alligator beats them all...instead of being a side character he is acually the sole reason as to why everything happened ^__^ another major pervert who has human qualities...yea ive never seen a croc play galges before he is also in love with izumi (which isnt surprising )

all in all the whole series has been a hit in my books...all the characters are just love and the animation style is to my upmost liking...its just a shame that its only 12 as i would really have loves seeing the side characters getting more development as well ~ despite a somewat rushed end this series get a distinct 9/10 form me :3

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-05-11, 14:21   Link #33
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
omg i cant believe how small this thread is for such an epix series ;_;
Its because the show aired early 2005 --- and these forums went down Christmas 2005, having to restart all over again. Heh, i can remember the talks about the show back then.

& yeah, He is my Master is a very good show. For me it has one of the best male characters ever (Yoshitaka ), and the best episode title ever:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Episode 05 title
There's a rumor that this boy in the midst of puberty who inherited his parents' fortune and is living all by himself with no supervision has surrounded himself with tender young girls in a huge mansion, thus living out his fantasies and creating his own world of desire as he makes them serve him.
Genius.
Old 2007-05-11, 14:30   Link #34
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Its because the show aired early 2005 --- and these forums went down Christmas 2005, having to restart all over again. Heh, i can remember the talks about the show back then.
is that so...how lame...>.< this should have happened to the hacker ~

*intends to make siggy out of that O.o*

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Old 2007-05-14, 16:45   Link #35
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Wow id almost forgotten about this one hah...Yea its a shame whatever the dicussion was before got eaten up by the board going down.

But anyway I thought it was a cute series. Personally I never had much interest in izumi, but mistsuki and yoshi where more then enough to make me keep watching as the perfect partners in crime.

The ending was probably what kept yoshi as one of the few truely awesome male leads in a ecchi show.
Old 2007-05-14, 17:15   Link #36
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

Gainax Top Images

Old 2007-05-14, 17:29   Link #37
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

i knew you would have some pics of HiMM stashed away somewhere :3 more if possible strongly welcomed

Old 2007-05-14, 17:55   Link #38
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

Fan Art

Old 2007-05-14, 18:39   Link #39
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

3501x5108, 2 MB

7234x3481, 2.9 MB

1867x2699, 2.6 MB

5131x3503, 3.4 MB