4 out of 10 : Poor 4 4.94%
3 out of 10 : Bad 5 6.17%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 2.47%
1 out of 10 : Painful 9 11.11%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-08-16, 08:33   Link #1
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Welcome to this week's episode discussion thread.
  • Naruto Forum RULES...
    • DO NOT ASK where to download RAWs or Fansubs... and DO NOT MENTION fansub group names...
      For further information please visit the Naruto Licensed! Ask for it = Ban thread
  • Thread Guidelines...
    • Absolutely no manga spoilers in any anime-only threads such as the weekly Episode Discussion threads. That means, no hints, or vague remarks about a future event from the manga, even within the spoiler tags. Inability to observe this rule will result in a BAN!

• Discuss your expectations of this episode if it hasn't aired yet.
    • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    • Try to keep the discussion on topic.
Please Remember... Only Admins/Mods may create Episode Discussion Threads

Everyone is encouraged to use the report post button if these rules are broken. The button is located in the left hand corner, at the bottom of every user name. It will notify a moderator who will deal with such post according to the rules.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-16, 10:46   Link #2
ghstwrld

The raw is out

*edit

lol at the DBZ-esque time warp. I'm guessing three minutes is going to span about 5 episodes in total.

Anyway, HOLY SHIT. That was kind of amazing. Even with the pacing being all mucked up and the two story lines totally crashing against eachother, I was totally engrossed. And they finally managed to not fuck up Sakura's character design.

8/10 Color me shocked.

The last bit at the end was pavgasm worthy.

Last edited by ghstwrld; 2007-08-16 at 12:16.
ghstwrld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-16, 14:54   Link #3
jc1104

Send a message via AIM to jc1104 Send a message via MSN to jc1104
Just to make it clear, it's that IN THAT 3 minutes, the poison WON'T affect her, so after that 3 minutes, if she gets hit, it'll be bad.
jc1104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-16, 16:21   Link #4
Zek
Eyebrows...

You know, I really have to hand it to these guys. They've got talent. Not just anybody can fill 20 minutes of animation without actually making any progress in the plot whatsoever. Let's sum up what actually happened in this entire episode:

*Sakura explains the antidote.
*Naruto and Kakashi keep chasing Deidara.
*Sasori shows his puppet form.

And that's it. A lesser anime team might have covered this in the first 5 minutes of the episode, but the skillful animators behind Naruto obviously take after Sasori's school of artistry: true anime endures the ages.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-16, 17:05   Link #5
mayhem

I watched a bit of the raw but not the whole thing and yea...they seem to want to alienate all their fans and just lose ratings otherwise the way in which the produce this anime would be different, entertaining, and more enjoyable. Its been 20 eps since Iv'e seen anything remotely interesting ( besides gia's little 3 minute gate's attack).........where is the action and format of the old naruto

Last edited by mayhem; 2007-08-16 at 18:58.
mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-16, 17:18   Link #6
Kazuma77
Kakashi Fangirl

grrrrrrrrrr Kakashi.... njami... sorry, guys almost melted here
~Ladies, if a guy ever tells you, he wants to cover you from head to toe in honey, and lick it all off inch by inch, that's the man who hasn't done it before. You start at her toes, and before you get to anything interesting, she is asleep and you are in diabetic coma ~
Kazuma77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-16, 19:17   Link #7
ghstwrld

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc1104 View Post
Just to make it clear, it's that IN THAT 3 minutes, the poison WON'T affect her, so after that 3 minutes, if she gets hit, it'll be bad.
The three minutes started last episode. Are we suppose to believe that three minutes haven't gone by by yet?
ghstwrld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-16, 20:11   Link #8
Shortysdohdoh
外人

Send a message via Yahoo to Shortysdohdoh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek View Post
You know, I really have to hand it to these guys. They've got talent. Not just anybody can fill 20 minutes of animation without actually making any progress in the plot whatsoever. Let's sum up what actually happened in this entire episode:

*Sakura explains the antidote.
*Naruto and Kakashi keep chasing Deidara.
*Sasori shows his puppet form.

And that's it. A lesser anime team might have covered this in the first 5 minutes of the episode, but the skillful animators behind Naruto obviously take after Sasori's school of artistry: true anime endures the ages.
agreed. they're stretching it out A LOT.
Shortysdohdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-16, 21:26   Link #9
Rurik
Golden

I was about to give this episode a 8, but the Kakashi doing a Kage Bushin filler really irked me and it was a terrible mistake from th anime team.

After that, the anime team at last stopped showing the team Gai Clone fights, Flashback and filler were well placed, animation was average...something I sort of felt was that the music wasn't present in this episode. maybe it was me....

Priceless moments:

-Sasori been perplexed at Sakura medical genius

-Sasori revealing his true form and his face expression while at it . IMO one of the most freakiest revelation in the entire series, I mean, how more F****** up can it be, turning yourself into a human Puppet???...thats sick!

-Kakashi saying his brain is at the level of Shikamaru's (Yeah..He wish...)
Old 2007-08-16, 21:48   Link #10
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
Kakashi doing a Kage Bushin filler...was a terrible mistake from th anime team.
Why is that? (I mean, more so than what they've already done, other than it being a filler.) I don't think it changes anything serious, but I may be wrong.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-16, 22:43   Link #11
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
is the subbed version out? and where if so?
Asking for one will or might result for ban no?

--> You know, the episode is 30 minutes in length or maybe a few minutes less than that. But still, I can't believe that 30 minutes or less was squish in 3 minutes of what happen Man, I guess time flies by pass when you're fighting
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-16, 22:49   Link #12
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
is the subbed version out? and where if so?
Naruto is licensed, so asking for fansubs and giving links or places to find them is prohibited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert View Post
Why is that? (I mean, more so than what they've already done, other than it being a filler.) I don't think it changes anything serious, but I may be wrong.
Your question is tricky and I will try my best to answer it without been banned, either way, as to were the story is I can say that this filler is on the degree of Tsunade punching Oro dozen of time, whereas it was said that one punch from Tsunade is enough to kill someone. in this case, a Kage Bushin here distort a bit the perception of what Kage Bushin are about.
Old 2007-08-16, 23:12   Link #13
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
a Kage Bushin here distort a bit the perception of what Kage Bushin are about.
If you're talking about what will happen later on in the story, then I don't think it does. Of course, there's a lot of details in Naruto that I simply can't remember well, so I'll leave it at that.

Regarding this particular use of kage bunshin, all it shows (at least to me) is that kage bunshin does make good copies of the original and nothing more.

P.S. If I'm totally wrong here, feel free to send me a PM if you wish. Or we can wait and see, that is, if you're still watching Naruto by then.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-16, 23:25   Link #14
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Well, the animation quality was vast improvement over last episode. The scenes with Kakashi evading the grasshopper bombs were well done. Kakashi using kage bunshin to escape wasn't very creative, but it's just filler anyway. Granted, I wish more time had been devoted to Sakura fighting Sasori, but it looks like that will be carried over to the next episode. Sasori revealing his puppet body to Chiyo and Sakura wasn't as disturbing as I imagined, but very cool nonetheless.

7/10 for this episode

The new movie is looking pretty good from the clips they're showing during the OP. It mostly features Naruto, Lee, Sakura (same team as movie 3) with the addition of Neji. As usual for Naruto movies, it looks like they have protect some spoiled child. Except some of the scenes between Naruto and this character look a little suggestive (i'm thinking the scenes in the woods). Hinata will be jealous.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-16, 23:46   Link #15
jc1104

Send a message via AIM to jc1104 Send a message via MSN to jc1104
Wow.. that was really really slow. That disappointed me a bit cause they were mentioning antidote only lasts 3 minutes and then they kept talking and talking >.>
jc1104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-17, 00:08   Link #16
AznSoulBoy
Syouke

I give it 7/10.

Kakashi Bunshin plan were ok.
They talk a lot.
Is it me or it lacks music lol. yah...they just lack some musics...

However,
There were no more Gai fights...It was pretty disturbing.
The animation was decent
The revealment of Sasori was quite creepier than I thought. It was pretty impressive ^^. Even more scary than Orochimaru. *HOLY S***T

Well, it could have been more better. Oh WELL, I DONT CARE SINCE NEXT EPISODE SHOULD BE GOOD! and Sasori revealing his true form was good enough for me =D
Old 2007-08-17, 00:27   Link #17
Forever
Revealing the truth

Not too bad an episode although it is stretched beyond stretched.

OMG! Sasori the cyborg ninja! I wonder is he immortal in that form?
Old 2007-08-17, 00:55   Link #18
Kazuma77
Kakashi Fangirl

probably they realize they need to spend more time on clone fighting so it wont look so lame as it did in ep 24....

but i luv Kakashi
~Ladies, if a guy ever tells you, he wants to cover you from head to toe in honey, and lick it all off inch by inch, that's the man who hasn't done it before. You start at her toes, and before you get to anything interesting, she is asleep and you are in diabetic coma ~
Kazuma77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-17, 01:07   Link #19
mayhem

hahaha what i realized is that every week after watching it i say the same thing...oh well next weeks ep looks like its going to be good because they always act as if something amazing is going to happen..

I just want to take the animationist's
Spoiler for WHAT MAYHEM PLANS TO DO..CAUSING MAYHEM:

Last edited by mayhem; 2007-08-17 at 02:22.
mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-17, 02:15   Link #20
Kazekage_Gaara
Kage of Sunagakure

Send a message via AIM to Kazekage_Gaara
mayhem please read the rules before you post <<. I already read the manga but some of these people haven't and you're going to ruin it for them. You can't mention anything manga even if it's in spoiler tags.

Anime-only people DO NOT READ THE SPOILERS.