AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-09-28, 11:58   Link #2601
Darthtabby

An interesting post on Sheryl by a Macross fan. Its the first of three posts this blogger makes in defense of the three leads from their haters.

http://hoshigakirari.wordpress.com/2...o-we-love-her/
Old 2013-09-28, 15:41   Link #2602
magnuskn

More of a "character summary" than "character analysis", IMHO. At least this one got about everything right for her, contrary to the one about Alto and Ranka.
Old 2013-09-29, 16:58   Link #2603
Darthtabby

It is something of a summary. Might explain why its not as interesting as the other two posts...
Old 2013-09-30, 11:38   Link #2604
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

After some six years, this feels like a rehash of prior discussions and memories. This article (and the other 2) really offers nothing new, certainly nothing contributory to what we've already experienced since 2007.

Although I have a feeling the blogger did not read the light novels.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2013-09-30, 22:57   Link #2605
Darthtabby

A lot of it is pretty familiar, which perhaps shouldn't be surprising as the blogger apparently participated in discussions here. I get the impression some of what was in those articles was directed at people on other parts of the internet. Nevertheless, I though the writer did a good job of bringing a lot of scattered stuff together and made a few points that were worth considering.

I guess I thought there might be enough stuff to get some discussion going. Its deader than disco around here!
Old 2013-10-01, 02:33   Link #2606
magnuskn

Yeah, there's a distinct lack of Macross related news and, well, discussions about Frontier would mostly be re-hash number 23 of all we've already said. I hope the creators over in Japan do something soon, before the mods decide that this board is too dead and move it over to the anime graveyard. :-/
Old 2013-10-01, 13:17   Link #2607
Tak

Well, Macross 30 was released this year. Unfortunately not many people here play the game to have anything to talk about.

As for a new series, another half-decade is a good bet.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2013-10-01, 16:55   Link #2608
magnuskn

Aw, geezus. :-/ I get that Kawamori is picky about what he does with the franchise, but half a decade? No wonder Gundam simply outweighs Macross in the collective conciousness with all those releases.

And as for Macross 30, getting a Japanese language game on a platform which I do not own (I think... it wasn't released on PC, right?) is out of the question. And it didn't involve much of a plot, anyway, unless I misunderstood things.
Old 2013-10-02, 12:46   Link #2609
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Aw, geezus. :-/ I get that Kawamori is picky about what he does with the franchise, but half a decade? No wonder Gundam simply outweighs Macross in the collective conciousness with all those releases.
Sure, but what does Gundam have? AUs. Macross do not deal with AUs and for good reason. And what we get from those AUs? The same plot rehashed over, and over again. Not that its necessarily a bad thing, but it does get old, and the recent series are getting old.

That, and how many times have Earth been blasted to smithereens in Universal Century? Fortunately, Macross stories take place in the Universe, where the death of stars do not immediately spell an end to the story

See, I really like the idea of being in a new place, getting to know a new culture, acquainted with new people and BE THE FIRST TO GET A CONFIRMED KILL!! BUWHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA!!

- Tak

Old 2013-10-02, 14:48   Link #2610
magnuskn

True. Quality has its price. But if Marvel can push out great movies year after year, I think Kawamori could do the same. I guess it gets in the way of all that weed, though.
Old 2013-10-02, 17:41   Link #2611
Matts
An... Historian OOOH-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtabby View Post
A lot of it is pretty familiar, which perhaps shouldn't be surprising as the blogger apparently participated in discussions here. I get the impression some of what was in those articles was directed at people on other parts of the internet.
Hi there lol

As for directed, well not all that much, there was a little BleachOD related thing on tumblr that prompted me to write some of my own stuff.

I don't think I got anything wrong, this is how I see the show after all these years and since I have been lurking here almost from the start and have read pretty much everything you guys wrote I accept your own opinions, that is, I know a lot of you disagree.

A lot of the discussion here has added to my views of the series and movies and I'm glad I found this place.
Old 2013-10-06, 23:26   Link #2612
pinoy78
Yahk, DECULTURE!

Sheryl still placing in the Newtype poll?
Old 2013-10-07, 02:29   Link #2613
magnuskn

Good question, people stopped posting updates to that.
Old 2013-10-07, 03:54   Link #2614
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

At this point, it's coming onto what, 6 years since Frontier? Whatever we want to say about Ranka vs Sheryl has already been said.

Sheryl is a young woman.

Ranka is a young girl.

And that's all I want to say. Both have their charms, but Sheryl appeals to me more.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-10-07, 10:34   Link #2615
Tak

Well, Biribiri is a gurl. But damn, do I like her.

Although I have a feeling I'd probably die in the courtship process, but what the hell...

- Tak

Old 2013-10-07, 12:31   Link #2616
magnuskn

She at least didn't abandon her fleet and sing the dirge of doom to incite a giant bug swarm.
Old 2013-10-07, 17:58   Link #2617
darkplataform

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoy78 View Post
Sheryl still placing in the Newtype poll?
May was her last appearance
Old 2013-10-08, 00:52   Link #2618
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkplataform View Post
May was her last appearance
Aw. damn it. It was a good run, though. Thanks for the info, though!
Old 2013-10-21, 16:01   Link #2619
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

New jewelry for the Sheryl Nome x THE KISS line.
Old 2013-10-21, 17:07   Link #2620
magnuskn

They really are milking the character for all they can. I still have hope that they will let her (and Alto) at least cameo in whatever the next series is going to be.

Tags
characters