AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-02-03, 13:58   Link #6321
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
How can Gensei know it's a fake if Misaki convinces herself that it's real?
He meant it like this:
Gensei uses code -> brains shut down -> Gensei sees brain shut down so he noticed he was fooled -> Gensei probes Misaki again for the code.

Although the code don't necessarily need to be a auto-destruction one. It can be the kind of shutdown that would lock it down at least for a certain time, more than enough for they to lose the control on Mikoto. It can be a code that reset it's control only to Misaki. A code that make it actually take control of the mind of who inputted it. There is many possibilities here, although I would bet on destruction of some kind.
Old 2014-02-03, 15:44   Link #6322
zaeraal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
How can Gensei know it's a fake if Misaki convinces herself that it's real?
By result.

The code is supposed to "do something".
Like give him more control, boost calculation capabilities.. etc
Considering he needs it "soon", he will quickly realize if it works or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
He meant it like this:
Gensei uses code -> brains shut down -> Gensei sees brain shut down so he noticed he was fooled -> Gensei probes Misaki again for the code.

Although the code don't necessarily need to be a auto-destruction one. It can be the kind of shutdown that would lock it down at least for a certain time, more than enough for they to lose the control on Mikoto. It can be a code that reset it's control only to Misaki. A code that make it actually take control of the mind of who inputted it. There is many possibilities here, although I would bet on destruction of some kind.
I would also bet on some destruction, as that is the most logical "if she got captured".
In any other case he can go and search her brain for clues.
It might even have some nice interesting side-effect if he is connected through level upper.

But it is also possible he got frozen or brainwashed as you mentioned.
He was drawn fully in black in page 25, which is used for varios occasions.
It is used for "dark revelations, when the bad guy is being bad, or other special gloomy effects".
But also when the user gets hit or uses some kind of power.
Old 2014-02-03, 17:52   Link #6323
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
I would also bet on some destruction, as that is the most logical "if she got captured".
In any other case he can go and search her brain for clues.
It might even have some nice interesting side-effect if he is connected through level upper.
Agreed. Destruction is possible the best thing she could do, because if she is caught she could have been killed so something that would stop it forever would be better.
Old 2014-02-03, 19:11   Link #6324
zaeraal

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
Agreed. Destruction is possible the best thing she could do, because if she is caught she could have been killed so something that would stop it forever would be better.
I can't wait till next chapter It really is getting interesting now.
Even the long Kuroko - Mitori fight might finally give some results.

PS: another note from the chapter
Touma is definitely going to lose his memories. Why? Because Mikoto no longer has her clothes
As I mentioned before, Mikoto's transformation might be, by appearance, that of "Nut".
She was seen as a star-covered nude woman arching over the earth
You can tell from silhouette by comparing it to previous forms (from FB fanpage)

And also on the page 22-23 if you zoom really closely, you will see something that ressembles a nipple.

Her clothes most likely disintegrated by the transformation and if it ends now...
It is possible Touma's subsequent memory loss might not be caused by Misaki
Old 2014-02-03, 21:56   Link #6325
Birdway
Banned

Nut pretty much belong to Aeon of Isis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleed View Post
I don't understand why people keep on down playing Mikoto current form in this manga. Whether she can beat anybody that is not preasent is a subjective issue.
Overshadowed by Awesome
Old 2014-02-04, 03:49   Link #6326
dniv
I知 sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Yes, she theoretically can, but unless it causes self destruction of the brain, Gensei can just turn around and take the real code.

Some people even refferenced the chapter 63, where she looked at her phone and had 2 stars in her eyes.
Normaly she has 1 star, which could imply she mindcontrolled herself.

She even said:

In the 3 week empty space there was a lot of stuff going on in AC, even Saten was drawn on one of the BGs.
And I believe there was mentioned some uprising in AC during ww3 (which was skipped in LN), so there is some chance.
But like I said Mikoto becomes heavily involved with Index-side after that. where her perspective is well shown.
Regardless of the fact, we're dealing with Kamachi.

From experience, he always surprises me, more than he did before. So I'm sure he'll make something work. Like what if he starts focusing on her clones? They are technically weaker versions of Railgun..., right? There could also be a lot of back-stories for what was happening during those really "well-fleshed" arcs. This is actually why I think that either we'll get a happy ending at the end of this arc or one more after, or we'll just get something on the clones, or we'll actually see Mikoto's adventures that were in the LN...

There's still a lot left to see, and given her popularity, I don't think anyone is going to let Kamachi end it... though he might... though I personally see it as unlikely. There are too many unresolved plot points right now in the Railgun manga. (like the fact that her friends don't know the truth...) and given what was in a certain academy Index... all hell would break loose if Kuroko found out about the clones

We really have no way of knowing yet...
Old 2014-02-04, 19:28   Link #6327
dniv
I知 sorry, Kamijou-san!!

On second thought, this will continue after Daihasesai. We might have another arc.

After that we'll see WWIII from Mikoto's perspective. It's not like Mikoto didn't ditch her friends during the Sisters arc. There's no reason they won't want to milk as much money as they possibly can, so I'm sure they'll continue from there.
Old 2014-02-05, 01:36   Link #6328
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

Since Mikoto was heavily involved in some magic fights after the festival , wouldn't it be nice to have arcs with Saten/Uiharu/Kuroko/Kongou/Misaki, , an maybe some little involvement

Gunha's power seems to be limited

maybe he can;t punch all those lightning attacks
maybe his punches uses too much energy in dealing with those attacks

PS. ANime Saimoe Tournment, time to vote for MIsaki
Old 2014-02-05, 08:28   Link #6329
zaeraal

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
It's not like Mikoto didn't ditch her friends during the Sisters arc.
Yes she did ditched them and I can't say I liked it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
There's no reason they won't want to milk as much money as they possibly can, so I'm sure they'll continue from there.
Unless they get a different character from a different show that will take her spot.
Though it all depends on Kamachi, rather than Dengeki.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakaizer View Post
Since Mikoto was heavily involved in some magic fights after the festival , wouldn't it be nice to have arcs with Saten/Uiharu/Kuroko/Kongou/Misaki
That is impossible. Mikoto is the main face of Railgun, without her it would not be Railgun.

I mean seriously, she was the Main Character of every Railgun stuff up to date.
Of every arc in anime, manga and Railgun LNs, even in the Railgun PSP game and OVA.
And many people would be willing to kill you if you claim she is not one of the MCs of Index.

Given that, I doubt there will ever exist and arc in Railgun, where she isn't the MC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakaizer View Post
PS. Anime Saimoe Tournment, time to vote for MIsaki
Don't forget Kuroko, Saten and Frenda (Plus others in other rounds)
Old 2014-02-05, 13:36   Link #6330
Gray Servant

It's not like Mikoto doesn't ditch her friends all the time. She did the same in volume 8, and pretty much every Mikoto scene later on in the series has her mention that she just ditched Kuroko.

She spent most of her time before she met Kuroko alone after all, she's probably more of a loner by nature. She needs some me-time.
Old 2014-02-05, 14:37   Link #6331
dniv
I知 sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Servant View Post
It's not like Mikoto doesn't ditch her friends all the time. She did the same in volume 8, and pretty much every Mikoto scene later on in the series has her mention that she just ditched Kuroko.

She spent most of her time before she met Kuroko alone after all, she's probably more of a loner by nature. She needs some me-time.
Maybe that's somewhat true, but then how does that explain the fact that she loiters around AC looking for Touma all of the time...? I'd say that before she met Touma she was a loner, but he's made her open up a bit to seeing the good in others, so she's become less of a loner.
Old 2014-02-05, 17:49   Link #6332
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
And I believe there was mentioned some uprising in AC during ww3 (which was skipped in LN), so there is some chance.
Can someone please confirm or infirm this? I don'remember reading that part.
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
Old 2014-02-05, 19:09   Link #6333
Gray Servant

I guess maybe he's referring to Accelerator dismantling the darkness? We know that happened, though it didn't exactly last long.
Old 2014-02-06, 03:27   Link #6334
Shadrala
Level 5 Railgun Stalker

Just a thought: Mikoto's father was briefly mentioned while she was meeting Kongou. I wouldn't be surprised if we learnt more about Misaka Tabigake later on in Railgun manga. I'll say there's still plenty material to work on in Railgun. They've only just started mentioning Aleister after all... Just putting this out there.

Old 2014-02-06, 11:27   Link #6335
dniv
I知 sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Now I feel that before Gensei was talking to Mikoto when he was talking about Aleister's favorite hidden in the shadow of the main plan, but that he still might have been referring to Will-san actually.
Old 2014-02-07, 04:02   Link #6336
GranHom

I thought he was referring to Aiwass at that time.
Old 2014-02-07, 05:49   Link #6337
dniv
I知 sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranHom View Post
I thought he was referring to Aiwass at that time.
I feel like Aiwass is actually the main plan (or at least part of it more than Accelerator is...). Accelerator feels just like another part of the main plan. I've felt like Misaka Will-san is the shadow hidden in the main plan... it would also fit with Gensei doing something to the Misaka network when he says this to whoever he was talking to.
Old 2014-02-08, 18:17   Link #6338
ApatheticMan

I wonder what role Misaka's friends will play later in this series as she's mostly absent from New Testament and half of the original series. Well, there are the Railgun SS (side stories).

Seriously, the episodes used on the anime original arc for Railgun S after the Sister's arc could have been used for one if not both Railgun SS stories.
Old 2014-02-08, 18:20   Link #6339
dniv
I知 sorry, Kamijou-san!!

(sorry for the double post, but I want people to see this one...)

So I just read volume 22 again...

And now I just had a weird crack idea that Gensei was talking to something related to IT...... That would be Aleister's favorite hidden behind the main plan, right? So, for some reason, I feel like there's a minuscule chance he is doing so or talking to some science side equivalent of it.

Then again, I now see why people were saying it might also be Hyoka...

But, the same scenario had the person talking to that invisible person ignoring the main person they were talking to.

Though I doubt it sigh...
Old 2014-02-09, 05:11   Link #6340
GranHom

I don't think Gensei has any idea about the things within that right hand at all, consider Aleister had to deal with Fiamma in person just because he caught a glimpse of what inside Touma's right hand. If Gensei know anything, I doubt Aleister would let him be like that.
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, shounen