AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2013-02-24, 21:41   Link #1081
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

he appeared on a page of Vita's special chapter on ViVid. I guess that counts?

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 21:45   Link #1082
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
As said, Chrono could take over as Fate's support in that first fight. Plus, why search the library now for information on the Book, when we can assume someone else already did that in the last ten years? They knew it was coming back, after all.
Try to find information from the net without a search engine. You know it is there, but it is incredibly difficult to find it. Yuuno brought Google to the table. If you have Chrono do it, then you break a few things. They would have (or should have) known the book's true name before then, and the fact that it was broken and corrupted. This information might have helped Nanoha and Fate much earlier, when confronting the Wolkies. It started to help in episode... 9, I think. But the Lieze twins interrupted it. As you noted, Vita had already realized they were forgetting some things, and the information might have helped make them stand down earlier.

In short, some things needed to wait until later, otherwise the plot could have been wrapped up sooner. Or at least required clunkier explanations and contrivances to keep the Wolkies as antagonists.

On a last note, Yuuno's addition to the library was also more of a setup for future things, like translating the prophecy that led to the creation of RF6.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 21:58   Link #1083
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Still wondering why Yuuno translated the prophecy if the thing was in Ancient Belka language. Signum and the other could not just read it? Just saying, they are ancient Belka knights.

But even beyond that Yuuno’s final contribution to StrikerS is small. Focus on the fact “only him” could do the job is pointless because is a small job. Most like Graham’s or Hayate’s role the one our blond ferret does is not something that could not be accomplish by others. Not because they do a bad job but because they are just there to do that job so really are not that much of characters themselves. Only Hayate stands up in that group.
Old 2013-02-24, 22:09   Link #1084
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Wrecked memories, remember?
Old 2013-02-24, 22:15   Link #1085
Kaijo
Banned

Because Yuuno brings Google to the table. He's also an archeologist, and thus ancient languages are part of his forte. Sure, you could "random archeologist person" do it, but you already have Yuuno, so why not him? Studying ancient civilizations is what they do. Language is a part of that.

And the Wolkies are battle programs, remember. Broken ones. Their knowledge seems limited to mostly their battle abilities. The book read Hayate's linker core, so their language skills are probably based off their master, which would make sense. You would want the servants to be able to speak the language of their master to communicate. From a programmer's standpoint, then, it is better to use a simple algorithm to just set their language to whatever their master uses. Not much sense in adding a huge dictionary to be booted up as well.
Old 2013-02-24, 22:17   Link #1086
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Their Devices talk Ancient Belka, and they can understand them.
Old 2013-02-24, 22:18   Link #1087
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Being able to understand short phrases in one language doesn't mean you've mastered the entire language over time, seeing how language bloody changes over time.
Old 2013-02-24, 22:18   Link #1088
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansker View Post
Their Devices talk Ancient Belka, and they can understand them.
Nanoha and Fate also have no problem understanding their devices. Does that mean they speak English?

As far as I know, only Arisa can speak perfect English, the rest were still learning it, if they even bothered to.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 22:20   Link #1089
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

And your point? Just saying the devices can talk the lenguage and they can understand so why they need Yuuno to read ancient belka? Just that detail, the rest Kaijo points out a fair point we have him already but at the same time is also parth of his rather small role. Yuuno could use something else to make him a better part of the story.
Old 2013-02-24, 22:21   Link #1090
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansker View Post
And your point? Just saying the devices can talk the lenguage and they can understand so why they need Yuuno to read ancient belka? Just that detail, the rest Kaijo points out a fair point we have him already but at the same time is also parth of his rather small role. Yuuno could use something else to make him a better part of the story.
Read my post again and you'll know what my point is.
Old 2013-02-24, 22:22   Link #1091
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Because have you ever tried speaking and reading a foreign language, Sansker?

It's easy to speak, heck, I can say phrases of Japanese easily enough.

WRITING in a foreign language? Much less reading it?

MUUUCH harder to do.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 22:25   Link #1092
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

I will leave the lenguage discussion back to the StrikerS thread of you wish.

Back to Yuuno I still say his reduce role won't be that much of a problem in A's.
Old 2013-02-24, 22:25   Link #1093
mega1987
GregOS Offline

um... where's the bam hammer to the troll comments?

And does any know an active torrent of A's the movie? kindly PM me the link/site please?
SRW beats all foes.
JAM Project pwns all!!!

And I can't still make fanfic without restarting from the start when new ideas comes in...
mega1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 22:50   Link #1094
Kaijo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mega1987 View Post
um... where's the bam hammer to the troll comments?

And does any know an active torrent of A's the movie? kindly PM me the link/site please?
You'd be looking for a camrip, then, which to my knowledge, there isn't one. But I can guess there will be a DVD/BD rip shortly after the DVD/BD release in late March. So you'll have to wait until then.
Old 2013-02-24, 23:10   Link #1095
mega1987
GregOS Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
You'd be looking for a camrip, then, which to my knowledge, there isn't one. But I can guess there will be a DVD/BD rip shortly after the DVD/BD release in late March. So you'll have to wait until then.
thanks for the info.
SRW beats all foes.
JAM Project pwns all!!!

And I can't still make fanfic without restarting from the start when new ideas comes in...
mega1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-25, 15:25   Link #1096
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Well, obviously all intelligent devices have a far superior version of Google Translate installed onboard, and it will automatically update too. Untick the update box so it will stop annoying you to update every week.

As for why everyone can understand English, that is just a ingrained sci-fi trope for the purposes of simplification.

But seriously, there are most likely ENGLISH words that I don't know of, and reading something from merely 100-200 years ago would probably require me to look some things up. And every language has some nuances that don't translate very well.

And this is to consider numerous dialects that can pop up that can give words entirely different uses.

And with the tools at hand, there is no reason to not spend extra effort into translating stuff.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-25, 15:27   Link #1097
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Cool! i'll be waiting for it as well xD

~The ASFB~
Old 2013-02-25, 16:03   Link #1098
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
lol I can watch it first Akiyoshi XD Muwahahhaha XD
Old 2013-02-25, 16:04   Link #1099
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Ohhh... yoouuu...fortunate man >o<!

Overseas shipping is too expensive o.o?

~The ASFB~
Old 2013-02-25, 18:27   Link #1100
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Try to find information from the net without a search engine. You know it is there, but it is incredibly difficult to find it. Yuuno brought Google to the table. If you have Chrono do it, then you break a few things.
I think you misread.

I said Chrono could replace Yuuno as Fate's support during the first fight. That's it.

I did not say that Chrono could replace Yuuno as a researcher, I said that it wouldn't strain belief to say that the TSAB assigned someone to look through the library for information after the last Book incident, to prepare for the next. That's something like 10 years to find the relevant information.

Quote:
On a last note, Yuuno's addition to the library was also more of a setup for future things, like translating the prophecy that led to the creation of RF6.
I don't recall that being ascribed to him.

Also, I have to cock my head sidewides at the idea that Carim, the head of the Belkan Church and the possessor of an ancient Belkan Rare Skill entirely dependent on the language, hasn't learned to read Ancient Belkan.

If an archaeologist could learn it, the materials are available.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote