AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-12-11, 10:38   Link #1
Jn183

Don't know how Luffy could become Pirate King[spoiler need to watch Eps50]

Ok.. he got determination and all but that was in East Blue the weakest Ocean. Also, all the people he fought against had weak devil fruit power or just above human power. I think Luffy need some sore of new power or something. For ex., LogueTown, Luffy pretty much wasn't able to defeat Smoke. Heck, it wasn't able to even touch dude then next thing you know a wind controller come in and kick everyone behind.
Spoiler:
Oh yeah, remember Shank scare away that beast to save Luffy, well I thought it was some bum beast but I didn't know it was the Demon King or something like that. Crap, and it seem Shank is on par with Mihawk. K, finish. Anyone have something that could make me feel better about luffy situation?

Last edited by Jn183; 2003-12-11 at 16:18.
Old 2003-12-11, 10:56   Link #2
Dragon Flame
Wet Kimimaro Love

Send a message via ICQ to Dragon Flame
luffy is only 17, to be able to beat the livin shit out of an adult with a devil fruit or not is good, Luffy is the man, he will become the Pirate King
Old 2003-12-11, 11:25   Link #3
^danshi^
running bear

He's lucky and he has useful friends, that's why he can beat guys stronger than himself.
Old 2003-12-11, 13:21   Link #4
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

haha just keep watching my friends. Luffy is worth 30 million beli which is not only the heaviest on East Blue, but one of the highest even in the Grand Line. Remeber Arlong was a member of one of the Sichibukai the 7 powers of the seas.

if u havent read the manga:

Spoiler:
Old 2003-12-11, 13:38   Link #5
Jn183

I saw when he beat that dude. I'm talking about Shank,
Spoiler:
. I could see Zoro and Sanji power increase but Luffy ability seem to not have anything special after seeing other ppl specialty. Oh well, lets wait.

Last edited by Jn183; 2003-12-11 at 14:05.
Old 2003-12-11, 13:47   Link #6
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

use spoiler tags... most ppl wouldnt know who Ace is.

Spoiler:
Old 2003-12-11, 13:49   Link #7
Dragon Flame
Wet Kimimaro Love

Send a message via ICQ to Dragon Flame
Spoiler:
Old 2003-12-11, 14:50   Link #8
BladeMasterZing

U r misunderstood

SPOILERS

U r misunderstood. Luffy isnt all about punchy punch strength etc. Instead, he do one thing that no other can do. Which is...

Luffy always do the IMPPOSSIBLE! Luffy's determination overcomes all sorts of obstacles. The way he overcome obstacles is illogical but always work.

Remember the time he caught arlong when he use his special when even the strong zorro and sanji warn him not to? Because they think its impossible? Or at the ending when Arlong's sword was on lufee, lufee was so angry he hold on to it and arlong cant even move the sword?

When Lufee is very angry and serious, he is stronger even then the 7 Sichibukai. Or at least he is stronger then one of them, arlong.

One thing i like about One Piece so much is how Luffy overcomes immpossible situations using ways that doesnt seem to work which work. Lufee is to me, someone who doesnt wait for miracles, he makes one and he always do. Just that he is usually cheerful thats why not even half of his strength is used.
Old 2003-12-11, 15:36   Link #9
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Luffy's seeming constant smile and carefree way of handling things is just something else. Plus he heals the fastest of anyone I've seen. That boy can get major league f'ed up and come back swinging. Sheesh.

But yeah, the sword thing with Arlong surprised me too. For Arlong to get worried when Luffy grabbed his sword, that tells you something.
Old 2003-12-11, 16:32   Link #10
El Diablo

Send a message via AIM to El Diablo Send a message via MSN to El Diablo Send a message via Yahoo to El Diablo
You're all misunderstanding Arlong. He ISN'T one of the shichibukai. He was part of Jinbei's crew, and Jinbei is the merman in the shichibukai.
Old 2003-12-11, 19:22   Link #11
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Like El Diablo-san said, Arlong wasn't part of the Shichibukai, but the merman Jinbei is. Arlong was just too weak to be part of the Shichibukai. You'll see later members of the Shichibukai have bounty around 300 million beri, they just kick major asses

Anyways, Luffy has a long path to become the King of Pirates and find One Piece. But he'll make it at the end.
Old 2003-12-11, 21:02   Link #12
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

i dont think anyone said that arlong was one of the schibukai. Arlong used to be amongst the crew of one. He broke apart from it and went into East Blue.
Old 2003-12-11, 23:13   Link #13
Sylvanthious

Luffy will so become the Pirate King, although it's going to take a really long time, since the series is huge and still on going. The craziest thing of all will be finding out what the heck 'One Piece' the treasure actually is, I doubt that even the creater knows at this point.
Old 2003-12-12, 00:09   Link #14
Yellat

Send a message via AIM to Yellat
i think it will be a single piece of gold.
Old 2003-12-12, 00:10   Link #15
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvanthious
Luffy will so become the Pirate King, although it's going to take a really long time, since the series is huge and still on going. The craziest thing of all will be finding out what the heck 'One Piece' the treasure actually is, I doubt that even the creater knows at this point.
well since im a writer im gonna have to say this: Ure probably right. He might have not decided wat One Piece exactly is, or he might have decided on it when he started it. I personally would not have been prepared for immense popularity like OP has gotten. Notice how Luffy's crew is already in the Grand Line, its possible tat he was planning to end there, but when it gained such popularity he extended the story line by ALOT. Its just something i might have done as a writer. (amatuer of course ^^)
Old 2003-12-12, 02:53   Link #16
shiznitty

what's that creature in jn183's avatar?
Old 2003-12-12, 03:52   Link #17
Jn183

That is
Spoiler:
Old 2003-12-12, 04:02   Link #18
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

luffy should get the musician he so wants. lol
Old 2003-12-12, 09:24   Link #19
BladeMasterZing

Sorry

Sorry, i misunderstood, i thought arlong is one of the 7 sichibukai.
Old 2003-12-12, 11:09   Link #20
Jn183

Edit: I give out false info about Mihawk. Misread the dialogue

Last edited by Jn183; 2003-12-12 at 20:07.
Closed Thread