Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-06-13, 17:55   Link #41
cj1277

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
So Law is going to get more to do than just stand around looking cool. That's nice.

This is probably the best chapter of One Piece in a month or so. Lots of action, plenty of jokes (most of them funny), and some solid plot advancement (as I said, it's nice to see Law getting some character development).

That being said, I am unclear why Namji jumped in the water. Wouldn't Zoro be a better option 9sicne he's in his own body after all)? Then again, without Zoro, only Brook would be able to defend against the Slime.

I said something similar when the abilities were first introduced. This is Oda's first time creating such an overacting Logia power. Consequently, Caesar's powers could be quite limitless ((though it is by no means unbeatable; Ice and Lava would both be quite useful against Gas (Ice can solidify Caesar, and Lava can simply consume), and their are other DF that can help.).

Since low temperatures can turn a Gas into a Solid, here's hoping that Brook is the one to defeat Caesar. .
Low temperatures can turn liquids into soilds and thats not even all liquids, remeber that CC is fighting in a frozen tundra so your just a bit off with this thought.
Old 2012-06-13, 19:43   Link #42
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj1277 View Post
I didn't even realize whether Monet was a devil fruit uses or not was a topic of conversation. Of course nothing is 100% until Oda anounces it but in chapter 666 Monet was writting with her wings and later on she was writting with regular female arms and had normal legs. That makes me about 99% sure she a Zoan type.
That was a flashback.
Old 2012-06-13, 21:04   Link #43
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Good point, and I slightly edited my post to reflect that. However, looking at the raw, the word Law uses is definitely "能力" (nouryoku, which means ability) and I tend to see that word used a lot when DF powers are referred to. Still, I suppose the more Japanese-savvy posters like Aohige could help clear things up here....?
Correct.
Usually when that word is used in One Piece world, it's talking about Devil Fruit Ability, and not just someone's skillset.
Old 2012-06-13, 21:25   Link #44
cj1277

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchie View Post
That was a flashback.
No it wasnt pages 3-6 show the differences with present conversation, don't know where you got the flashback man.
Old 2012-06-13, 22:03   Link #45
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
The mysterious person is

Kaidou.
considering what he did to Moria's body and his crew

it isn't entirely impossible that Kaidou is also a Doctor/Surgeon
Old 2012-06-13, 22:38   Link #46
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Brownbeard mentioned that a Tenryūbito had visited the island, and had named the dragon. It's more than likely that this Tenryūbito is in cahoots with CC, which makes it plausible that this same Tenryūbito IS Joker. It would certainly explain why Joker has so much sway over the WG.

Now, let's consider Law's actions. He has aided Luffy for no apparent reason, saving him from certain death at Marineford and now forming an alliance with him on PH. When Luffy thanks Law for his help, Law brushes it off as if it was nothing, and I think he may have a reason for doing so. Law witnessed Luffy punching out a Tenryūbito on Sabaody, and if Law really IS a former slave, he would feel a sense of admiration for his fellow pirate captain, spurring him on to save Luffy at Marineford. The reason he brushed it off later, is because he's ashamed of his past as a slave, just like Hancock.

Law knew about Joker before coming to PH, and if Joker is a Tenryūbito, Law would know about that as well. Considering his past as a slave, it makes perfect sense that Law asks CC NOT to tell Joker about his presence on the island, and it also explains why Law can't draw attention to himself by fighting CC. Now, if we look at Law's reaction to hearing Bepo's name, it becomes plausible that Law's crew (assuming that they are former slaves as well) have been reclaimed by the Tenryūbito, perhaps even by Joker. This would give Law even MORE reason to stay in the shadows, knowing that his crew's fate rests in the balance.
Old 2012-06-13, 22:40   Link #47
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj1277 View Post
No it wasnt pages 3-6 show the differences with present conversation, don't know where you got the flashback man.
Black borders = events that happened in the past.

The pages you see Monet writing with her own arms, instead of wings, is a flashback scene.
Old 2012-06-13, 22:54   Link #48
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Has anyone considered the possibility that Luffy and Law are fainting from the same cause i.e. the mysterious man who appeared in the end?

Luffy didn't really have a problem with the gas gas fruit until the coincidental appearance of that character,and the symptoms of their respective predicaments seem similar.
Old 2012-06-13, 23:07   Link #49
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

^Yes, that has been one of the focal point of discussion in many places.
Old 2012-06-14, 00:51   Link #50
orangejuicetang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
The mysterious person is

Kaidou.
That was also one my initial guesses, especially considering that Law wants to 'topple' a certain emperor, but I'm not sure Kaido would appear so quickly.

Also, looks like Luffy's poison resistance from Magellan did come in handy. Although I'd much rather have Magellan's poison be more potent than CC's toxic gas as opposed to the other way around that CC implied (although that could just be arrogance), since I feel that the poison-poison fruit should be more poisonous than the gas-gas fruit.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
Old 2012-06-14, 01:43   Link #51
DreGon45
Rouge Encoder

This could have been mentioned by another member earlier, but has anyone even considered that the mystery man might be either:
1)Law's dad
2)VegaPunk
3)both 1 and 2
Old 2012-06-14, 01:51   Link #52
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Having actually read the chapter now... there are several possibilities of who the mystery man could be. Another question however, is...

Why is Law in pain?

Could it be a Devil Fruit from the stranger? By the looks of it, Law was clutching his heart before he fell, so maybe it has something to do with that. MAYBE something had happened to Law back when he was younger where he was close to death... and something was put into him to help him.... something like a pacemaker or something along those lines? Something through surgery that inspirted Law to become a surgeon? Whatever it is, I think we'll be seeing into Law's past sometime soon~
Old 2012-06-14, 02:36   Link #53
DreGon45
Rouge Encoder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
Having actually read the chapter now... there are several possibilities of who the mystery man could be. Another question however, is...

Why is Law in pain?

Could it be a Devil Fruit from the stranger? By the looks of it, Law was clutching his heart before he fell, so maybe it has something to do with that. MAYBE something had happened to Law back when he was younger where he was close to death... and something was put into him to help him.... something like a pacemaker or something along those lines? Something through surgery that inspirted Law to become a surgeon? Whatever it is, I think we'll be seeing into Law's past sometime soon~
...Oooooor Caesar or that Harpy chick could have slipped him some sort of drug while he wasn't aware of it.
Old 2012-06-14, 04:11   Link #54
ronin myael
lost ronin

interesting development. luffy losing consciousness while fighting cc... this arc wouldn't be half as interesting if he didn't. i expect cc to at least hold his own against luffy. if cc is indeed as powerful as we all think, then he should be able to give the straw hats a run for their money.

and another mysterious character to stir things up, as if things aren't stirred enough. it's just like oda to end the chapter with a cliffhanger like that before going on another break. geez!
Old 2012-06-14, 05:01   Link #55
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Correct.
Usually when that word is used in One Piece world, it's talking about Devil Fruit Ability, and not just someone's skillset.

Cool, thanks for clearing that up. I figured that would be the case since I also see that word used often in the raws for Jojo whenever someone talks about stand abilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
Also, looks like Luffy's poison resistance from Magellan did come in handy. Although I'd much rather have Magellan's poison be more potent than CC's toxic gas as opposed to the other way around that CC implied (although that could just be arrogance), since I feel that the poison-poison fruit should be more poisonous than the gas-gas fruit.

But again, it makes a lot of sense for CC's power to be more deadly than Magellan's. Since he's gas, he can create all sorts of chemicals with his power (which shouldn't be too difficult for a freaking scientist ). And in case you missed some of the earlier discussions, his fruit is deadly because he'd also be able to manipulate gases like...... oh say, oxygen. Like for instance, if he were really serious about killing Luffy, he could just absorb all the oxygen around him and leave only the carbon dioxide in the atmosphere, which can just about instantly kill a human in large doses (kinda like how Morau beat that one lion ant in Hunter x Hunter).

That being said, I doubt that the mystery man was responsible for knocking out both Law and Luffy. As I pointed out earlier, Luffy was just drooling when he passed out. Law on the other hand, was coughing up blood yet he didn't pass out. So I'm not seeing much of a connection between their situations.....
Old 2012-06-14, 06:33   Link #56
Endbo

The mysterious man it could be http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Kuzan he has white shoes and the body almost the same, plus we see some smoke or snow or somthing in the last page.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2012-06-15 at 01:01. Reason: Please don't link to scan sites...
Old 2012-06-14, 11:21   Link #57
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
That being said, I doubt that the mystery man was responsible for knocking out both Law and Luffy. As I pointed out earlier, Luffy was just drooling when he passed out. Law on the other hand, was coughing up blood yet he didn't pass out. So I'm not seeing much of a connection between their situations.....
I could be wrong of course, but it looks and feels very similar to me. CC's poison wasn't working on luffy and then all of sudden it inexplicably did (or so CC believes) and then we immediately see law going through a similar dilemma so we know for a fact that the timing is the same at least. since law knows this person, I'd assume that he would be more adept at fighting this power than luffy (who I'm assuming hasn't met this person) who just instantly passed out.

also some people think it may be a marine, but that's pretty much out of the question. it's not akainu's silhouette at all and since law is a warlord, we know that he has seen the prominent marines recently, so this person wouldn't be saying that it's been years since they met if that's the case. most likely candidates seem to be vegapunk or joker.
Old 2012-06-14, 11:57   Link #58
freakabcd

Great chapter, but cliffhanger + next week off = grrr...

Anyway, is Monet's left eye a zombie eye? On the last page, centre panel, it looked like an edo-tensei zombie eye in the chapter I read. Was that a scanlation error or did everyone see that?

To me, it looks like the new character revealed is in cahoots with CC or at the least knows about CC's operation. I doubt Aokiji would let CC continue doing something like that to the kids, feels too much out of character for him.
Old 2012-06-14, 12:54   Link #59
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
One thing I wonder though: Why is anybody with DF able to fight?
Ceasar is a scientist. I expected him to use his ability only for his work and go down in seconds. But instead he also seems to be a capable fighter.

Eh, shounen logic. Why bother questioning it?

Though to be fair, it's not like EVERYONE with a DF is suddenly a combat expert (Wapol sure as heck wasn't one, for instance).....
Old 2012-06-14, 13:36   Link #60
james0246

Truthfully, most of the fighting is just as much a form of imagination as it is actual fisticuffs. Foxy is a perfect example of this. He sucks as an actual fighter, so he created ways that he could win relying on his imaginative use of his powers rather than building up his physical/spiritual prowess. Enel is also a good example of this. He is a true stereotypical Logia-user (just standing in place, letting himself get hit), and while less imaginative than someone like Foxy, Enel still managed to create a weak fighting style that utilized his natural Mantra with his new Lightning abilities.
Closed Thread