AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-02-16, 10:54   Link #81
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

You really think Nao would leave even if her Master had managed to win her trust? I don't think so. So far she had saved Arika a few times, gave good advice to Akane and was chosen to be a pillar, she even saved Shiho. What exactly indicates that she would betray someone that she likes?
Old 2006-02-16, 11:20   Link #82
Kleo Scanti
Urd Fangirl

It's a difficult question, really.

Nao. She's great, powerful and so on. But after several years she will retire, I'm sure.
Chie. I like her and I think we could become good friends. So she's a good choice for me.
Natsuki. Shizuru comes in a set, so you can get two otomes instead of one.
Shiho. I believe she would be a loyal and strong otome, you just need to befriend with her.

Can't choose one of them. But I know for sure, that I would never choose Mai as my otome. Who wants to fight with her fan-boys? Not me.
Old 2006-02-16, 14:51   Link #83
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Nina. I like her seriousness. The others' frivolity would get on my nerves pretty fast. She could kick my ass when I feel lazy, or stand it when I spend hours without saying a word.

Tomoe'd be good too, if she could be broken of her homicidal plot habit.

I think I could get along with Nao fairly well, but I fear we'd just reinforce each other's worth characteristics.
Old 2006-02-16, 19:47   Link #84
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackCatXIII
Well won't Shizuru leave you when trouble comes to Natsuki ...
Rather she will leave you FOR Natsuki when trouble comes to Natsuki... Unless of course your Otome is Natsuki..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim
What exactly indicates that she would betray someone that she likes?
In episode 18, when Natuski asks her some question. Nao says she if she knew what was coming, she would have run away first.
Old 2006-02-17, 08:01   Link #85
Matrim

Quote:
In episode 18, when Natuski asks her some question. Nao says she if she knew what was coming, she would have run away first.
So?They ran away anyway. I think it's just an expression of her helplessness being without a robe and since she ended up doing nothing to stop the Slaves' attack, she could have just as well run away much earlier and feel safer.
Old 2006-02-17, 08:29   Link #86
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim
So?They ran away anyway. I think it's just an expression of her helplessness being without a robe and since she ended up doing nothing to stop the Slaves' attack, she could have just as well run away much earlier and feel safer.
Haha.. True, true... Still, after reading that last sentence a picture of Haruka charging to engage the Slaves without her robe popped up into my mind Really have to keep that rock handy. Each to his own I guess.
Old 2006-02-17, 09:34   Link #87
Matrim

Haruka is a typical of example of a characters who acts first and then may or may not stop to think. Don't get me wrong, I loved Mai HiME Haruka but the Otome version of this character seems to be getting ever more stupid with each passing episode, alas.
Old 2006-02-17, 09:50   Link #88
PwrSerge
It's good to be evil...

Not stupid, Impulsive. Then again, this is what happens when you give people like her incredible power.

SERGE
Old 2006-02-17, 10:00   Link #89
Lost

Yes its sad really. So far in MO she's only been used for comic relief (even the launching-of-cruiser-into-low-orbit was hilarious). I'm hoping they start giving her a more useful, solid role. Still, you have to adore her!!

Okay, we're way Bottom line is, Haruka-chan would be my choice for my Otome, nevermind the wonderful Nao senpai.
Old 2006-02-18, 17:42   Link #90
l33tz0rd
say w00t!

Miyu: I mean... she's so cool
Natsuki: Natsuki/Shizuru combo <3

Last edited by l33tz0rd; 2006-02-19 at 18:28.
Old 2006-02-18, 18:59   Link #91
ranchan13

I am still surprised that there is no Akira love here
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
Old 2006-02-18, 19:50   Link #92
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchan13
I am still surprised that there is no Akira love here
Perhaps because...we're only seen her for like, 2 episodes in MO, and that she isnt an Otome in the anime, and that she is deeply in love with Takumi?

Old 2006-02-18, 21:24   Link #93
Akuma-sama
Purr, good kitty...

There's an even better reason for that than what Eclipze listed: Her ninja costume. 'nuff said.
Old 2006-02-18, 22:12   Link #94
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuma-sama
There's an even better reason for that than what Eclipze listed: Her ninja costume. 'nuff said.
Akira has a 'hands off' sign on her forever since she's with Takumi. I personally can't deny a sick man his girl so... I leave Akira alone. Besides, crossdressing is crossing the line with me, especially if people have to do a double-take to make certain of gender (then they end up getting it wrong unless you have the latest Onna Radar ver. Shizuru ^^.
Old 2006-02-18, 22:43   Link #95
Aznhobo

Without the glasses the costume is ok in mai otome but her ninja costume in hime was just sick (in the good way)
Old 2006-02-19, 01:01   Link #96
Blue*Dragon

nao senpai has always some underground friends who can help her.
Old 2006-02-25, 11:54   Link #97
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35
Akira has a 'hands off' sign on her forever since she's with Takumi. I personally can't deny a sick man his girl so... I leave Akira alone. Besides, crossdressing is crossing the line with me, especially if people have to do a double-take to make certain of gender (then they end up getting it wrong unless you have the latest Onna Radar ver. Shizuru ^^.
Yep, hands off Akira. I always tot she belonged to Takumi (or is it the other way round) and I loved (LOVED) their romance in MH, so hands off her.
Old 2006-02-26, 02:26   Link #98
twh
Something or other...

One of two choices and the reason why:

Haruka: She knows how to break stuff.

Mai: She knows how to burn stuff.

Oh, the decisions...
Old 2006-02-26, 06:45   Link #99
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Hey, the Otome are suppose to prevent war, not start one...

Okay, here's a different twist on the thread question:

Which Otome would you assign to which politician, be it US politicians or anywhere.

I think giving Prez. George W. Bush Mesiter Haruka Armitage would have been a BAD idea on so many levels... there would probably be no Middle East by now if that were the case, or any more terrorists for that matter.
To curb his appetite for destruction (and so he actually has someone who will correct his grammer mistakes), I'd say give him Shiho.
Old 2006-02-26, 09:44   Link #100
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35
Hey, the Otome are suppose to prevent war, not start one...

Okay, here's a different twist on the thread question:

Which Otome would you assign to which politician, be it US politicians or anywhere.

I think giving Prez. George W. Bush Mesiter Haruka Armitage would have been a BAD idea on so many levels... there would probably be no Middle East by now if that were the case, or any more terrorists for that matter.
To curb his appetite for destruction (and so he actually has someone who will correct his grammer mistakes), I'd say give him Shiho.
Honestly, I think the Prez. needs Ms Maria. Seriously.
Closed Thread