AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-04-03, 16:16   Link #121
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
So, any recent announcements or updates about the movie?

*shameless thread bump*
Old 2011-04-03, 19:15   Link #122
aers
*Fansubber

Nope. Not expecting anything til end of the year tbh.
aers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 10:34   Link #123
Mirron

Send a message via AIM to Mirron Send a message via MSN to Mirron
Shame, I can't wait to see this. I'm confident it'll be good. Though I seem to be in the minority in that I've liked everything from Nanoha so far, 1st Movie, Vivid, and Force included.

I hope it's at least 150 minutes or more of length though. I just can't see them fitting it all in 2 hours, it just cuts too many important scenes.

And really, while the weapons may be different, I expect that... well, really only Erio isn't using a weapon meant for him, the others for the most part seem to be using weapons similar to their original ones (I guess Nanoha also counts, but I expect she could fight at a range, just hasn't had a chance to against her opponents), so I don't think it's that big of a deal. I would prefer them to use their original weapons, and I hope they get 5th generation weapons soon, but I suppose we'll see.

But not really the place to discuss it. Here's looking forward to actually seeing Hayate do something cool, since I would love to see her actually do something noteworthy. I sincerely doubt I'll get to see Shamal do much of note, so I can't get my hopes up about that.
Mirron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 19:01   Link #124
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirron View Post
I sincerely doubt I'll get to see Shamal do much of note, so I can't get my hopes up about that.
Now that you mention it, i want to see the remake of the moment where Shamal rips Nanoha's Linker Core out of her chest, it was so impactant when i saw it for the first time.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 21:36   Link #125
Mirron

Well, I meant Shamal actually doing something noteworthy in a fight scene. She just kind of... sits there. Even Yuuno does more in battle than she does, and while it's not the best comparison, the A's game has her fighting, so doubtless she could do a bit more, so I'm hoping she does something. A one on one battle of her vs. Yuuno, showing her taking on her somewhat rival, would be really cool, but given the lack of attention to either of them, the chances of them actually showing off their skill is next to impossible.
Old 2011-04-19, 02:23   Link #126
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Direct fight is not Shamal's forte, but it ill be cool if she manage to excel at her own area and te movie justice her by portraying her support skills during battle in aiding he other Wolks to turn the tide on their favour.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-04-19, 02:29   Link #127
Mirron

It's not really Yuuno's either, but he was able to hold his own against Vita for a while. I just think it'd be interesting to see her in a battle, since I always like mages who aren't directly powerful, but have lots of support abilities which makes it difficult to take them down. I know it'll never happen, given how much difficult Hayate has just getting into a confrontation (let alone winning one against a noteworthy foe), so Shamal isn't going to happen, but it still would be cool for me.
Old 2011-04-19, 09:01   Link #128
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Speaking of Yuuno, I hope they come out and make it clear whether Vita really was content to only use normal swings or if she bothered to pop cartridges to equally nonexistent effect.

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
WarpObscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 09:27   Link #129
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpObscura View Post
Speaking of Yuuno, I hope they come out and make it clear whether Vita really was content to only use normal swings or if she bothered to pop cartridges to equally nonexistent effect.
It's already clear she hit Yuuno with standar Graf Eisen thus spending no cartridges in the proces but is still a notorious feat for Yuuno bcause that same hit sends Nanoha flying complete with her round shield while Yuuno stops Vita cold.

~The ASFB~

Last edited by Akiyoshi; 2011-04-19 at 10:33.
Old 2011-04-19, 10:27   Link #130
Mirron

I'm decently certain Yuuno could stop Graf Eisen with cartridge powered attacks, given how well he does with normal ones. It'd probably be difficult, but still. I am eager to see how that fight scene looks in the movie. As much as I loved season 1, A's had much better fight scenes compared to the first scene. Even the first fight of A's was better, at least from a fighting standpoint, than the climactic battle of season 1 (Nanoha vs. Fate, while not the last battle, still feels like the climax pretty much of the season). Still loved it though, but it was much better in the movie I felt, so A's should be even more wonderful.

I do hope the final battle isn't just them launching super attacks on the big bad. I understand with that much firepower you can take down anything just about, but it'd be nice to see them doing a bit more fun teamworking things. Plus it'd give Hayate and Chrono a chance to do some cool fights as well, considering they never really did much in A's originally.

I wonder how I got onto that random babbling. Well, whatever, all things others have said, and I'm confident, regardless of what they do, it'll be a fun and incredible movie. Just hope it isn't too short.
Old 2011-04-20, 09:52   Link #131
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
It's already clear she hit Yuuno with standar Graf Eisen thus spending no cartridges in the proces but is still a notorious feat for Yuuno bcause that same hit sends Nanoha flying complete with her round shield while Yuuno stops Vita cold.
Well, I want Tsuzuki to make Yuuno's limits clearer.

But knowing him it'll probably be another cocktease.

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
WarpObscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-20, 11:49   Link #132
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Well, considering that Yuuno made a barrier that was supposed to contain a normal Starlight Breaker, I'd say his limits had been pretty well shown. The only other time his barrier was broken, was during a 5 on 5 brawl where his barrier was containing the whole damn thing.

Partly, I understand his sidelining because his barrier skills are almost a game-breaker. Which kinda makes his retreat with Arf in A's vs. Reinforce, seem kinda odd.

Edit: That might be one change I'd like to see in this movie: have Arf and Yuuno stay around to help fight Reinforce. Make it a better team battle with them all supporting each other.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-20, 17:40   Link #133
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpObscura View Post
Well, I want Tsuzuki to make Yuuno's limits clearer.

But knowing him it'll probably be another cocktease.
Considering the previous movie? Him getting into an actual on screen fight alone would count as lucky. I won't be surprised (angry, but no surprised) if his role happens off screen.
Old 2011-04-20, 18:08   Link #134
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirron View Post
I'm decently certain Yuuno could stop Graf Eisen with cartridge powered attacks, given how well he does with normal ones. It'd probably be difficult, but still.
I would think Yuuno could block it. His skills are basically all specialized for defense. He seemed to pretty casually block Vita's standard attack when he was occupied with other things.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 03:04   Link #135
Mirron

That's what I said, isn't it? :P Admitedly, I'm uncertain on how easy it would be, but I'm sure he could take it. I just typically tend to word things less definitive.

Also, Aki, Belkan Knights aren't obsolete, and I doubt ever will be, so your title seems misplaced.
Old 2011-04-21, 03:44   Link #136
aers
*Fansubber

Just ignore that, he's been like that since you-know-what happened to Signum in Force.
aers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 05:57   Link #137
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

I never really understood Akiyoshi and his downplaying of characters he actually likes, lol.
Old 2011-04-21, 06:18   Link #138
Arcc
Knight who says D'ni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
I never really understood Akiyoshi and his downplaying of characters he actually likes, lol.
Well, I'm no doctor, but I do know it's a common symptom of Otaku Guilt, which is what I call it when somebody who has a life (or pride) likes things that are the popular domain of people who don't (or are otherwise generically embarrassing), and also possesses a sense of shame. The more evil and inexplicably cross-spectrum-addicting the franchise, the more prevalent this condition is- Touhou, I'm looking at you.

. . . Or he could just be friggin' weird, and I could just be way too tired and rambling quasi-introspective nonsense. I should probably turn in for the morning.

Last edited by Arcc; 2011-04-21 at 06:33.
Arcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 08:32   Link #139
Mirron

Nah, I know, I'm just chiming in on it. I have a lot of faith in our heroes, and 5th generation devices, so I'm sure it'll all work out somehow. Never doubted Nanoha or any of her friends, even if things got rough. So if you truly like a character, you should have more hope for their future. If this was a different series I'd understand being a bit down on them, but the Belkan Knights will kick butt again and again, of this I'm sure.

But off topic, really. Well... maybe not. :P I'm sure we'll see Belkan Knights kicking butt the way we all know they can and will. I hope the fight scenes are more impressive, I just don't know how much they have to improve on. Barring the final fight scene, of course. Seeing the Materials, as some have suggested, wouldn't be bad, and would allow for a lot more impressive of a fight scene, but I think it's more likely we'll just see more deadly attacks. Which would also be fun, even if it is ridiculous at that extent.
Old 2011-04-21, 10:20   Link #140
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Wow, Animesuki now play therapy sessions xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcc View Post
Well, I'm no doctor, but I do know it's a common symptom of Otaku Guilt, which is what I call it when somebody who has a life (or pride) likes things that are the popular domain of people who don't (or are otherwise generically embarrassing), and also possesses a sense of shame. The more evil and inexplicably cross-spectrum-addicting the franchise, the more prevalent this condition is- Touhou, I'm looking at you.
Nah, it's not that complicated. The main reason i instantly started to like Signum is because of how imposing she is, her knightly behaviour and hurted pride over betraying her master's only command coupled with her truly impressive kickassery in battle hook me quickly. She was downplayed on StrikerS but somehow she managed to rise even more badass than in A's(primarly because of her fights with Nanoha and Zest). Because of that big increase of Badasery i overhyped her along with most of the fanbase and that makes the falling in FORCE a thousand times harder for me. She was more balanced in A's(or at least she hasn't feel that overpowered) if she were beaten at that point i should be able to recover much much faster. The image i has of her got broken but i still like her character, it's a bit confusing but i'm making an internal search for Signum's new image as she isn't unbeatable anymore.

Back on topic, the fights in A's are truly impressive, fast paced and action packed(also flavored with cool but short speeches and dialoge), probably the movie didn't have much time to expand on the battles because of the developement of the characters but i hope to see the changes made. MOVIE 1st shows a truly impressive upgrade on the fights, specially on Nanoha VS. Fate climatic battle. So i hope to see marvelous skirmishes between the Wolkenritter and the heroes, but the main steak will probably be the Nanoha VS. Reinforce battle(not that i'm complaining, that will be freakin awesome).

~The ASFB~