AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2012-08-30, 02:40   Link #2181
VDZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamAce View Post
I was looking at Takumi Nakazawa's comments again, and there was a question asked by one of the commenters, who asked him "What is your definition of the Infinity series"? During Nakazawa's answers, he explained that he had several ground rules that he placed during the creation of each Infinity game. They are as follows (note, the following contains vague spoilers for the entire Infinity series (in that they basically plot elements), but any N7 spoilers are too vague to be understood).

Spoiler for Nakazawa's Rules (leads to end-game spoilers for E17 and R11, with very minor spoilers for N7):

And here's what he considers to be his "minor" rules (he even tells the commenter to "please consider these half a joke.").

Spoiler for Nakazawa's Minor Rules:
Quoting this post to bring it to the latest page for people wanting to compare it to Never7 without having to trudge through all possible locations to find the post. (I eventually found it by searching for 'tuna'.)

Spoiler for Never7 major spoilers:
VDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 06:00   Link #2182
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty_Harry View Post
Now that was translated Never7 which is the part that went blank?
Spoiler for Major Never7 spoilers:
GundamAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 07:07   Link #2183
BossNoval
Different & Unique~

guys, after saw some pages in this thread, i'm just curious
sorry if i ask in the wrong place

my question :
are the whole Infinity series had connections? i've read some web said that all of them have same world and timeline. but are the whole series have story-connections?
i'm not open spoilers or hints about the story cause i myself still not finished playing ever17

why i ask, basically because i want to consider whether to try the other infinity series or not

pardon for crappy english
BossNoval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 07:12   Link #2184
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossNoval View Post

my question :
are the whole Infinity series had connections? i've read some web said that all of them have same world and timeline. but are the whole series have story-connections?
i'm not open spoilers or hints about the story cause i myself still not finished playing ever17

why i ask, basically because i want to consider whether to try the other infinity series or not

(I think) only Code18 isn't really connected via single timeline, but every thing else has their respective connections... like Yukidoh working at a certain Pharmaceutical Company.
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 07:15   Link #2185
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Each one of them has minor connections to the other, but for the most part, they're independent of each other, though you will need to play the entire series to get the full picture- some events in one story are influenced by phenomena in other games. Ever17 has some connections to Never7, while Remember11 has some connections to Ever17. However, you could play them without knowledge of the other, but I'd still play all of them.

In short, yes, you should definitely try the other games in the series. It's a great trilogy anyway.
Old 2012-08-30, 17:53   Link #2186
VDZ

Quote:
Spoiler for Major Never7 spoilers:
Yup, it's basically the same mechanic as was already determined in Remember11 speculation but now canon confirmed:
Spoiler for Infinity series spoilers:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossNoval View Post

my question :

It shares themes and elements, and 'rules' in one VN's world also apply to other VNs in the series, as they take place in the same world. Never7's final route reveals a phenomenon that explains certain mysterious phenomena in Ever17 and Remember11, for example.

Also, to truly understand the infinity series (especially Remember11), you'll need to view the full timeline, which contains major plot points and spoilers from all three VNs.

As for whether you should play them...my recommendations:
Ever17 -the out of infinity- - Must-read. Considered a classic both among the Japanese VN fan base as well as the English VN fan base.
Remember11 -the age of infinity- - Recommended, and strongly recommended if you loved Ever17. Requires you to pay attention to understand the story, and contrary to the other two games, it leaves a lot of questions unanswered, which was disappointing to many players. Even the disappointed players agree, though, that Remember11 is just a very interesting story even disregarding its mysteries.
Never7 -the end of infinity - Play only if you loved Ever17 and Remember11. It's much closer to an average romance VN than the other two games, and its drama ranges from okay to very weak (which is a problem for a game focusing largely on romance drama). The twists aren't nearly as good as Ever17's and Remember11's, both for not being great mindfucks like E17's and R11's twists and for being too predictable. Still, it shares many elements with the other two games, so at least the initial playthrough and the final route should be interesting if you liked Ever17 and Remember11.
VDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 19:14   Link #2187
gn_X00

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDZ View Post
Remember11 -the age of infinity- - Recommended, and strongly recommended if you loved Ever17. Requires you to pay attention to understand the story, and contrary to the other two games, it leaves a lot of questions unanswered, which was disappointing to many players. Even the disappointed players agree, though, that Remember11 is just a very interesting story even disregarding its mysteries.
my reaction at the end of the series :
"WTF!!"
*see no new route*
"..."
"..."
"..."
IIRC I just stare at the screen for about a minute (like an idiot) to check if another route will appear or not...
Old 2012-09-17, 21:01   Link #2188
Spamamdorf

So after a long time searching through google and such I found those pics I mentioned before sans the "sample" plastered over them, ony problem is they're not that big but alas.
Spoiler for pics:

If someone already put these/you have 'em bigger let me know all I know is I was happy to finally get that solo Tsugumi pic
Spoiler for ever 17 spoilers be here:
Spamamdorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 13:48   Link #2189
Spamamdorf

And back I come, this time with a comic I found concerning Takeshi going and meeting his parents post game, I saw it and thought it looked interesting so me and Jade translated it so that others may see it:

Old 2012-09-24, 04:10   Link #2190
MidoriHiME

That is way too adorable. Thank you for the translation!
Old 2012-09-24, 18:11   Link #2191
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Dat Tsumugi...

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 11:13   Link #2192
halibonga

GundamAce, are you the 'admin' from Erogedownload.com ?, i just have a strange feeling that u might be, if so that d be so cool
halibonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 11:29   Link #2193
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by halibonga View Post
GundamAce, are you the 'admin' from Erogedownload.com ?, i just have a strange feeling that u might be, if so that d be so cool
No, why do you ask?
Old 2012-09-26, 02:51   Link #2194
halibonga

both of u are translating or putting up VNs, and ur styles of commenting are similar. well, my guess was wrong then
halibonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 11:13   Link #2195
gn_X00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spamamdorf View Post
And back I come, this time with a comic I found concerning Takeshi going and meeting his parents post game, I saw it and thought it looked interesting so me and Jade translated it so that others may see it:

o.o
nice one
thank you for translation

ah, by the way, are there any way to get the psp version works in english?
kinda want to play this one on psp too
Old 2012-09-30, 21:24   Link #2196
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:

Wierd, why is the date in 2017?
Old 2012-09-30, 23:21   Link #2197
Spamamdorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
Wierd, why is the date in 2017?
Spoiler for ever 17 spoilers:
Old 2012-10-01, 23:55   Link #2198
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Spoiler for ever 17 spoilers:
Ah, I see. *self-facepalm for stupidity for only seeing the 2017 date*

It's an awesome comic but... siiigh....we'll NEVER EVER see an anime out of this. All of this. ever.
Old 2012-10-02, 02:59   Link #2199
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Well, adapting Ever17 to anime would be a next-to-impossible task.
Old 2012-10-02, 03:41   Link #2200
Spamamdorf

Quote:
Well, adapting Ever17 to anime would be a next-to-impossible task.
They could do it, but I mean in a way that does it justice no I don't think so

Tags
visual novel