AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Old 2007-03-21, 07:49   Link #41
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

This was a subtle error, by more than one staff member, I think.

My scripts automatically try to tie multiple torrent links for the same file to one "release". The mechanism used for this isn't very intelligent: afaik it merely checks if two files have the same file size and then presumes they might be the same.

This process then still needs to be manually verified: but it's easy to make a mistake if you're not paying attention Anyway, this way the link for episode 4 was tied to the list of links for episode 2. This way of adding a new link won't appear on the main page.

Another staff member then noticed the link for episode 4 was marked as "episode 2" and tried to fix it, resulting in episode 2 being changed to episode 4.

I've now fixed it by deleting the link tied to episode 2 and changing the details back & then adding a separate entry for episode 4.

I hope this explanation wasn't too confusing In any case, should this happen again in the future it means it's time for me to make the scripts a bit more intelligent so that mistakes are less likely to occur.
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-21, 17:25   Link #42
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Not knowing anything about how your scripts work, I might be shooting blanks here.

You might see if you can do a HTTP HEAD request against the torrent file and see what date information the server returns. I believe this is how most proxies (like Squid) determine whether a file has been changed since it was last downloaded. HEAD is the same as GET except the actual file contents are not transferred, just the HTTP header information. Take a look at section 9.2 of the HTTP RFC 2616.

You also might want to look at http://www.squid-cache.org/mail-arch...9904/0688.html, which discusses how Squid uses "If-Modified-Since."

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2007-03-21 at 17:35.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-21, 18:55   Link #43
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

I'm not entirely sure that would do much good, as old torrents are moved around, so a very old torrent might show up with a very recent modified date. Also with dynamic sites (PHP scripts etc) you might not even get such a modification date.

My scripts are actually already good enough to be able to detect the episode number from the filename. However they don't yet prevent someone from just clicking "Next" even when the information presented is conflicting. So if this kind of problem will occur more often, then I could simply add a warning that'll notify the staff member adding the torrent that episode numbers (and CRC if applicable) do not match with existing information.

Edit (before hitting reply):
Actually... I had already made my scripts a little smarter. When I try to add Hidamari Sketch ep 4 again, it now properly only comes up with episode 4 as possible match. However before episode 4 was added, episode 2 was the best possible match (as filesize and series name matched).

Here is a screenshot of what staff get's to see when adding a link btw:

But imagine that instead of episode 4 listed near the top, it listed episode 2.

As you can see my scripts are able to get a lot of info from the filename, so most of the time Staff doesn't need to add or change any information, which makes it easy to just click "Continue" and add the link to the wrong "release".

(My scripts don't allow the same link to be added again, thus I temporarily uploaded the torrent to the staff site. However I don't want the URL of this site to become public knowledge, so that explains the pixelation. I know security by obscurity isn't very good, but every bit helps)

Last edited by GHDpro; 2007-03-21 at 19:15.
Old 2007-04-03, 01:21   Link #44
aquastar831
AQS-Anime

Send a message via AIM to aquastar831 Send a message via MSN to aquastar831
[AQS-Avalon] To Heart 2 OVA 1

Noticed that the h264 version is listed correctly, but not the XviD version. XviD version is named as To Heart 2 1, which should be To Heart 2 OVA 1, as this episode is not from the original TV series.

Torrent links if needed:

http://a.scarywater.net/aquastar/%5B...5D.avi.torrent

http://a.scarywater.net/aquastar/%5B...5D.mkv.torrent
aquastar831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 14:11   Link #45
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

[Arienai] Pretty Cure Max Heart Movie 2

The listing is fine, but you need to update the description.

The Max Heart Movie 1 can be watched any time after episode 7.
The Max Heart Movie 2 can be watched any time after episode 31.

That is the most accurate thing to say in this reguard. (Although neither have anything to do with the main plot, exactly).
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 17:33   Link #46
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Sure. Thanks for the info, I'll add it.

How's that?

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 19:08   Link #47
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Lovely.

While you're at it, it might be worthwhile to add in descriptions for the other Pretty Cure Series for how they are related to each other. The names are unclear and people often are confused.

Pretty Cure: Original Series
Pretty Cure Max Heart: Second season of Pretty Cure that takes place after Pretty Cure
Pretty Cure Splash Star: Third Season of Pretty Cure, with unrelated characters and plot to the first or second season (continuity reboot).
Yes! Pretty Cure 5: Fourth Season of Pretty Cure, with yet again unrelated characters and plot to the first, second, or third seasons (another continuity reboot).
Sam Pinansky
Old 2007-04-18, 21:55   Link #48
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Okay... that was a bit more involved, but I've added to those pages. Let me know if you approve.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 00:07   Link #49
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Okay, I approve again.

The next impossible task: Get me the fire-rat's cloak!

j/k
Sam Pinansky
Old 2007-05-12, 20:36   Link #50
.tomi

Send a message via MSN to .tomi
Post Ayako @ AnimeSuki.com

Just wanted to mention that Ayako's website is http://www.ayako-fansubs.com/ not http://ayako.snowlava.com/.

Well, I couldn't find better section for this, so put it here. ^^;;
.tomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-13, 03:00   Link #51
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Thanks, link updated. Forum & Site Feedback is the better sub-forum to post, for example in the Torrent Listing Corrections thread is as good as any.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-05, 08:50   Link #52
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Broken Download - Heroic Age 04

Seems the episode 4 Your-Mom releases of Heroic Age download links are b0rked, clicking either of them takes me to a 'not available' error page. All the others work fine though. Upon inspecting the links (yay for Opera's link reveal on hover feature ) it seems ep4 is pointing to 'fourzerofour.us', while the rest point to a tracker (tracker.anirena.com).

Cheers
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-05, 09:25   Link #53
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

It seems the DNS servers for fourzerofour.us are denying the existance of any records for that domain, effectively rendering it completely dead. Based on the amount of times a check for new torrents has failed (284 times) and considering a check is done every hour (24 times a day), it's fair to say this status has lasted for nearly 2 weeks now.

I've now marked all torrents on fourzerofour.us as inactive, which means that any alternative links should now take first place. In this case that means episode 4 will point to anirena.com now (please allow 5-15 minutes for the mirrors to update btw).

Tip: any torrent listing with this -> <- image in front of it has multiple links. Just click it to view the details page of the torrent which lists all those links.
Old 2007-06-07, 19:35   Link #54
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Forgot I posted this, that's what happens when you're tired I guess

Thanks GHDpro, never really paid much attention to the little + symbols as I get all new releases mostly from RSS direct, but on this occasion I got fed up waiting for a particular group and had to visit to get the torrents for another group. Handy bit of info, ta muchly
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-24, 17:12   Link #55
SeventhHS
Conceptual Weapon

Not really a correction, but just wanted to let you know Serious Business Fansubs has a homepage now.
http://sbs.bad-end.org/
SeventhHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-24, 18:01   Link #56
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhHS View Post
Not really a correction, but just wanted to let you know Serious Business Fansubs has a homepage now.
http://sbs.bad-end.org/
But still, not a bad place to post the update since it more than likely will get noticed here
Old 2007-07-29, 14:27   Link #57
BANANABANANA
got 米?
*Artist

um...i noticed that the Sky Girls episode 2 and 3 by Ayako are listed under the Sky Girls OVA page instead of the Sky Girls (TV) page.
BANANABANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-29, 14:31   Link #58
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Thanks, the errors have been corrected now.
Old 2007-08-27, 00:14   Link #59
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Missing torrents in some of the anime series?

While searching around looking for new animes to obtain, I see that some animes are completed but I only see some of the torrents.

While not looking too hard,

Da Capo Second Season is listed as 26 episodes, but there's only a torrent for the "Promo" & only the "episode 1-13". Is the other 13 not just listed yet or is there an error?

ps: *update* humm... looks like Shinsen-Subs don't have a torrent for the rest of the 13 episodes.

The full 1-26 can be gotten here ^_^. Downloaded the torrents to check if they were actually by Shinsen-Subs, and it looks like they are. But for some reason I don't see it on their list in their torrent listing, it must have been an old one or it's one someone outside of their circle made.

ps: Does the torrent have to be an official release by the sub group or can it be buy a third party?

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.

Last edited by Aoie_Emesai; 2007-08-27 at 00:32.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-27, 03:10   Link #60
xris
Just call me Ojisan

The [Shinsen-Subs] Da Capo Second Season torrent has been made available (posted last year) and is on their site.

The reason it wasn't listed on AnimeSuki was due to an error made by one of our staff, I've now corrected it so it will now appear on our Da Capo Second Season page.

The reason the "completed" flag was set was because at one point in time all 26 episodes were available (as single torrents) but over time the single torrents had been removed (due to the release of a batch torrent).

Note: The "completed" flag is an indication that at some point in time all episodes were available via BT, it doesn't always mean those torrents are still available.