AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-01, 16:52   Link #61
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

I think it would be awesome if they all awoke...yea that would pwn XD they would crush Riful and Isley
Old 2008-03-01, 16:52   Link #62
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

Clare asking Galatea to help her talk to Riful to even the playing fields might be really interesting. Also whenever Raphaela reappears... I am still really excited for that.
Old 2008-03-01, 16:58   Link #63
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibamonster View Post
. Also whenever Raphaela reappears... I am still really excited for that.
OMG i want this event to happen some bad so we can figure out if she let Ilene go :3
Old 2008-03-01, 16:58   Link #64
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

I don't see any of the Ghosts, or Galatea for that matter, joining hands with Riful.

Especially now that Riful is well and truly pissed at Clare.

I am also extrememly interested in Raphaela's situation.
Old 2008-03-01, 17:00   Link #65
Anima
Oh! You mean we don't?

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
I think it would be awesome if they all awoke...yea that would pwn XD they would crush Riful and Isley
Huh?! what makes you think that would work? They will lose consciousness once they awaken and wont attack each others for no reason (remember Galatea's surprise when Alicia continued kicking the 11 ABs butts). Plus they had to be on abyssal level to be able to take on the abyssals which is something we have no clue about (I mean whether or not they would be abyssal level if they awaken).
Old 2008-03-01, 17:00   Link #66
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

Yeah if Raphaela killed Irene, wouldn't she be in the same boat as Priscilla who killed Teresa? Both attacks to Clare's mentor saviors were by order of the organization anyway. Irene also saved Clare from certain death and took care of her and even trained her giving her the quicksword attack that kept Clare alive through so much. Also tack on top of that that Raphaela sent Clare to Pieta. That could make any alliance really fuzzy.

Maybe half awakened claymores don't lose their consciousness completely when awakened ...
Old 2008-03-01, 17:04   Link #67
Anima
Oh! You mean we don't?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibamonster View Post
Maybe half awakened claymores don't lose their consciousness completely when awakened ...
Well, it's not a matter of consciousness really. Clare was mentally conscious when she fought Rigardo yet her body was acting on it's own after the fight and even killed Jean.

Anyway, I really don't want this thread to be slaughtered with completely off topic discussions as with the previous chapter thread so I will keep quiet about off topic stuff here.
Old 2008-03-01, 17:10   Link #68
stringer13
Irene's #1 Fan

One of my ideas is that in 2 chapters Galatea will tell Clare about Irene. She might have found out about her from the org or something. Well I'm not sure that Galatea will tell her, but I believe she'll somehow find out that Raphaela killed Irene. When she next sees Raphaela I believe that she will finally release her Yoki. Then if she will fight her for a while and Raphaela might say Irene's alive.
Old 2008-03-01, 18:57   Link #69
ergon

What if Galatea tried to partially awaken? Someone like her could do it successfully I think. Then maybe she'd become almost as good as that yoki manipulator at Pieta.
Old 2008-03-01, 19:04   Link #70
hell88
Banned

Location: Canada, but sometimes in La La-Land hanging out with Midori-chan89
Agatha probably isn't going to die until the next chapter.
Old 2008-03-01, 19:36   Link #71
koffy
beggar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergon View Post
What if Galatea tried to partially awaken? Someone like her could do it successfully I think. Then maybe she'd become almost as good as that yoki manipulator at Pieta.
Agree, partially awakeing would be cool for her too.
Old 2008-03-01, 19:54   Link #72
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

It would very quickly become at "LOL, all the cool-kids are doing it" thing if that happened. I don't think Partially Awakening is just something you can "do."

Not sure of Galatea would know anything about Raphaela's mission concerning Irene, considering Raphaela herself was partially hush hush.
Old 2008-03-01, 20:02   Link #73
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergon View Post
I don't think she has partially awakening needs a large yoki relese it'd be like haveing a big flashing sign over her head telling every claymore within a large distance exactly where you are,plus its a huge risk to try it without someone like herself to pull her back.
Old 2008-03-01, 20:12   Link #74
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

Although if anyone could would be good at half awakening by technique galatea would be the perfect candidate in my opinion. She is one of the few non-half awakened warriors who has seen half awakening multiple times (Deneve, Clare, Felt Jean, and witnessed a successful soul link with Alicia and Beth). She knows it is possible, which next to will power seems to be one of the biggest factors (Jean didn't think it was possible even though she held her human consciousness as her body completely transformed).

In the past Galatea didn't need to worry about cloaking her youki because she out ranges her attackers and can move before they sense and locate her (unless Raphaela or the 7 come for her...) She released a ton of youki in the last fight so she'll have a sign over her head anyway. The biggest problem for her joining the 7 is that she can't go wherever she wants if she plans to remain in hiding because if she is in range of someone she will be detected. She might have to stay back and play house at some sort of claymore headquarters if she is going to remain safe. Or sit back until the covert ops team needs her. Or she could be a great decoy . Someone comes to attack Galatea and finds she has 7 friends with her...
Old 2008-03-01, 20:25   Link #75
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Still don't see how she would be able to do it by herself though, considering Yoki-manipulation already takes a huge amount of concentration, and Galatea herself commented that what Alicia and Beth do would be impossible for her. (Perfect Yoki alignment)
Old 2008-03-01, 20:46   Link #76
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

Come on, both Helen and boiling blood Clare managed to half awaken. Neither of them seem to be the pinnacle of self control like Jean. How hard can it really be for Galatea? Get one of the orphan kids (or cid) to give Galatea a hug and she will make it through just fine.
Old 2008-03-01, 20:48   Link #77
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

I don't think it is based only on mental strength, otherwise there wouldn't be half as many ABs as there are now. Remember that Jean was only able to preserve her mind while her body was awakened, but needed Clare's help to turn back.
Old 2008-03-01, 21:02   Link #78
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

I was under the impression that the organization probably killed off those who were half awakened like the fab 4 were supposed to be in the Paburo Mountain range during the Slashers arc. It seemed almost like the MiB had a policy going on and some agreement with that AB. 5 half awakened claymores out of 47 is 10.6% (although probably even fewer than 47 with Jeans group getting killed). Considering how many claymores we see die in combat as opposed to using the card system that is pretty high. How sad would it be if this were always the way it had been in the organization? Maybe this generation is just special?

It seemed to me like the biggest barrier that the claymores faced was that it they thought it was impossible to return. Even Jean, while holding onto her consciousness far beyond what was supposed to be possible, begged clare to kill her because returning was impossible. Fortunately for Galatea Clare is an expert at bringing back partially awakened friends . Galatea even taught her how to do it. She is the mother of Clare's partially awakened assisted return synchronization technique. All Galatea has to do is go over a little and come back and she can join the club! No need for full body awakenings until the mechanics of the soul link is explored more carefully (and Raphaela returns ) I don't mean to say that Galatea will partially awaken, just that she is a better candidate than just about anyone else in the series.
Old 2008-03-01, 21:12   Link #79
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Hmm, I would sooner believe that Clare's generation is just full of rare-exceptions, there are several already after all.

If the Organization was systematically killing off partially-awakened warriors it definetly wouldn't go unnoticed, especially if previous generations had people as curious as Miria or Galatea.

Clare is also not what i'd call an "excellent" back-up buddy for Galatea, as Clare herself said that she was several strained just doing what she did, and even said it was unlikely she could do it again.

She does have a better chance then most, but not one that i'd bank on and risk her awakening for.
Old 2008-03-01, 21:49   Link #80
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

The jigsaw is assembling itself, but pieces are still missing. Oh well *waits for D.Gray-man chapter 151*

(In case anyone takes shots at me, that's how I survive the rest of the month before the next chapter.)
Closed Thread