AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-01-26, 03:48   Link #881
aegisofrime
Yuki Nagato Worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
One thing I want to mention, and I'm not completely sure if this means what I think it means, it's that they're calling this a "theatre roadshow". What I take that to mean -- and I could certainly be wrong -- is that rather than releasing in a whole ton of theatres on day one like your big name film release, they'll be releasing in some theatres to start, and then moving it to different theatres as they go along so they can hit more places with less "prints" (granted that I doubt it's put on film). All the other anime releases from this past weekend were the same way, I believe. So in that sense, you may see it play in one spot for a few weeks, then another spot for a few weeks, so the total run in theatres may be spread out, but the actual run in any given theatre may be rather short.
Nah, they use PS3s to broadcast films in Japan.

In some Cinemas anyway.
Old 2010-01-26, 04:50   Link #882
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegisofrime View Post
Nah, they use PS3s to broadcast films in Japan.

In some Cinemas anyway.
Even at 1080p, on screens over a certain size that's gotta look like ass... That's why so many digital projection systems are 4K (4096×2160).
Old 2010-01-26, 07:14   Link #883
Scython

Am I the only person who is quite excited for the official soundtrack CD?
Seriously, from what I've heard in the sample video on YouTube, it's going to be quite awesome. Then again, I like classical music to begin with.

Btw, is there a tracklist available already?
Old 2010-01-26, 07:40   Link #884
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scython View Post
Am I the only person who is quite excited for the official soundtrack CD?
Seriously, from what I've heard in the sample video on YouTube, it's going to be quite awesome. Then again, I like classical music to begin with.

Btw, is there a tracklist available already?
Nope, we've been having fun in the music thread for a month about the OST. I found the tracklist as a nice Christmas present and romanized/translated it here for you all.

Edit: As for how long the movie will stay in theatres, it will definitely be throughout February. There is a campaign set up to start on 2/27 that gives re-watchers a film bookmark from the movie for coming back by MOVIX, and likely by others. There are three theatres that have the movie listed as starting after 2/6, but only one states it'll be in the later part of March while the others have no times listed.

Last edited by ultimatemegax; 2010-01-26 at 09:40. Reason: adding data for re-watchers of the movie in Japan
Old 2010-01-26, 15:37   Link #885
Scython

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Nope, we've been having fun in the music thread for a month about the OST. I found the tracklist as a nice Christmas present and romanized/translated it here for you all.
Oi! That looks very nice. Judging from the track list, it seems like the OST will follow the movie chronological (which usually is the case with an OST album).

Can't wait to hear the entire thing and imagine in my head what's the possible concept that belongs to every track. I haven't read anything from the novel and nothing has been spoiled....yet. So this will be fun till I actually get to watch the DVD and see all the pieces come together.

Old 2010-01-27, 12:57   Link #886
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
So the first couple of cast reviews came out this morning in Japan. First was Natsuko Kuwatani, who voiced Ryoko, raved about how excellent everything was. "The animation, music, production, etc! Everything was so unique!" Following that was Minori Chihara, Yuki's Seijuu, who sat in the middle of the front row. "It's difficult to put into words how I feel.", "Various colors and emotions go through my head." "Full of emotion."

It sounds like the cast really enjoyed watching the finished product. Can't wait to hear more about what people think of the film.
Old 2010-01-27, 13:00   Link #887
Ricky Controversy
Frandle & Nightbag

Quote:
So the first couple of cast reviews came out this morning in Japan. First was Natsuko Kuwatani, who voiced Ryoko, raved about how excellent everything was. "The animation, music, production, etc! Everything was so unique!" Following that was Minori Chihara, Yuki's Seijuu, who sat in the middle of the front row. "It's difficult to put into words how I feel.", "Various colors and emotions go through my head." "Full of emotion."

It sounds like the cast really enjoyed watching the finished product. Can't wait to hear more about what people think of the film.
Ryoko saying 'unique' and Yuki full of emotion? Something is amiss here...
Old 2010-01-27, 13:03   Link #888
SgtHydra
Void Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Controversy View Post
I myself am frightened at the implications of that.

All Glory to the Greentext.
Old 2010-01-27, 15:39   Link #889
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Reminds me of the Miller Lite commercials where they say it has "more taste". More taste is not the same as good taste... ^_^
Old 2010-01-27, 15:59   Link #890
bayoab

Quote:
That sounds about right if you take into account that some VAs aren't allowed to have their own opinions.
Old 2010-01-27, 22:25   Link #891
edkedkedk
Hare Hare Sera Fuku!

Quote:

I loved how Natsuko was so worried about reprising the role of Ryoko. After all, it's been years since she last voiced her! From what she said on her blog, it appears that Sugita (Kyon's VA) is also really happy about the film too. Everyone in the cast seems so overwhelmed with emotions. I just hope the movie audiences will be just as enthusiastic about the movie as the cast it. I can't wait to see it now!

... Even though I have to, I guess
Old 2010-01-27, 22:46   Link #892
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
Originally Posted by edkedkedk View Post
I loved how Natsuko was so worried about reprising the role of Ryoko. After all, it's been years since she last voiced her!
... That depends on whether or not you count Haruhi-chan.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2010-01-27, 23:32   Link #893
Animexcel

Well I just ordered the Disappearance soundtrack. Can't wait to hear it!
Old 2010-01-28, 03:54   Link #894
Joe4evr
(Ex-)Seitenkan VN coder

Location: Slightly south-west of the exact center of this country's X and Y axes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
... That depends on whether or not you count Haruhi-chan.
I was going to counter with "But that was more her Suiseiseki voice." but then I remembered there was that scene in ep 1 or 2 with normal Ryoko.
Old 2010-01-28, 04:06   Link #895
edkedkedk
Hare Hare Sera Fuku!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe4evr View Post
I was going to counter with "But that was more her Suiseiseki voice." but then I remembered there was that scene in ep 1 or 2 with normal Ryoko.
Still, it has been some time since she used her Ryoko voice... As for Haruhi-chan/Churuya Ryoko... Well, their voices are miles apart from normal Ryoko
Old 2010-01-28, 05:03   Link #896
bayoab

Here (Youtube)(Nico) is the PV for the theme song from the movie.
Old 2010-01-28, 05:27   Link #897
JRendell
Manga Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab View Post
Gah, you beat me to it Nice one.
Old 2010-01-28, 07:13   Link #898
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab View Post
*Listens to the song like, 6 times in a row*
...Love it. An absolutely amazing song for what is certain to be an absolutely amazing movie.
Old 2010-01-28, 11:58   Link #899
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

So for those lucky enough to be in Japan next Sat., there is an awesome announcement from the official movie homepage. If you go to either showing at the Cinema Sunshine at Ikebukuro at 11:25 AM or at WALD 9 Cinema at 9:20 AM in Tokyo, you'll have a surprise after the credits end....

A cast discussion about the movie! That's right, EVERYONE from the cast, the director, and the Chief Director for the film will be out after the showing to answer questions.

In addition to that, at certain theatres noted on the homepage, you will be able to acquire a special notepad with cover drawn by Ito-san. The image is uploaded by Philos in the image thread for those interested.

Feel free to be jealous, like I am right now of the lucky folks across the ocean.

Last edited by ultimatemegax; 2010-01-28 at 12:23. Reason: Fixing mistakes for times and locations
Old 2010-01-28, 12:48   Link #900
darksassin
Is this dangerous??

@ultimatemegax
(envious murderous intent rises)
JUST KIDDING
You are sooo lucky!!!

btw the theme song is so... wow. She is minorin right??

cant wait for the movie to come out.. alt!Yuki is soooo cute!!

Tags
science fiction, shounen