AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2010-07-08, 16:19   Link #1
Rajura
My wolfu is >> your waifu

Rajura's attempts at AMVs, et al.

Well, this is my first attempt at an AMV. In fact, this is my first anime-related project EVER. It's not very fancy, but I hope it's technically sound.

I won't be getting to crank out a lot of projects like some folks around here... I'm just not as skilled as they and my work schedule is pretty brutal (that's a double whammy).

Oh well, I hope y'all enjoy it for what it's worth.

And well, if you can find it in your heart to throw your support behind Holo for the rest of the ISML (if I made a convincing argument) I'd appreciate it and I'm sure she would, so here's the link: http://www.internationalsaimoe.com/ Just look at the schedule and check the voting arena!

Ok, well here it is:

Old 2010-07-10, 06:56   Link #2
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

If it makes you feel any better, Holo crushed Minori in the latest round of voting, and rose 2 spaces in the ranking table
Reading: None at the moment
tyranuus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 13:38   Link #3
Rajura

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyranuus View Post
If it makes you feel any better, Holo crushed Minori in the latest round of voting, and rose 2 spaces in the ranking table
Yeah you're right! *YEAH* But, she has two REAAAAAAALLY tough back to back starting tomorrow.

Here's hoping...
Old 2010-07-13, 19:05   Link #4
Rajura

I guess this should have gone in the original post, but it's too late for that.

Soooooo, what do y'all think? I know I have a lot of room for improvement, but this is the final draft of my current project... I'm planning other projects, so hopefully my technical skills and adeptness with media tools will grow.

Kind comments (they can contain constructive criticism just keep them kind) and ratings both here and on youtube itself are appreciated!
Old 2010-07-23, 13:33   Link #5
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Not my kind of music, honestly, but I did like the AMV very much. ^^ You used clips very well and matched the emotions of the characters to the words of the song, which really drove the point home. I'm not much of a video critic, but I thought it was very well put together and conveyed the relationship between Lawrence and Holo very well.
Old 2010-07-29, 13:49   Link #6
FTGT

First I tried to watch Rajuras AMV by simply clicking on the inviting "Play"-Button above. After that I became a bit angry with my country since it seems not to be good enough for watching Spice&Wolf AMVs any more.

Fortunately after logging in, I found out that Rajura already send me a Download-Link *thanks*.

Critique:
I have to agree with "RadiantBeam" regarding the music. Its also not my favorite band. BUT I really enjoyed the whole AMV nevertheless. The lyrics match the scenes very well and I just love the ending.

Oh yeah, the first few seconds of the AMV could be a bit more exciting, but maybe thats just me.

I still play with the idea of making my own S&W-AMV. Unfortunately I seem to be too lazy to start.

So congratulation for pulling it through.
FTGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-31, 16:25   Link #7
Rajura

Well, unfortunately when I posted the video, youtube informed me my video was banned in Germany... I don't know where all else can't view it (since youtube didn't tell me).

The youtube version is a fair bit different than the original file storage upload so...

Thanks again!
Old 2010-08-09, 20:36   Link #8
SpaceGoo
\m/

Send a message via MSN to SpaceGoo
Great stuff! I don't critique stuff I can't do myself (for good reason, xD), but it is very well made for a first try.
SpaceGoo is offline   Reply With Quote