AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

View Poll Results: Guilty Crown - Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 42 40.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 26.67%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 13.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 8.57%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 4.76%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 3.81%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.90%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.95%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-02, 22:27   Link #161
bobphillip

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
More like Shu is the equivalent of christ in the series. Even the opening sings about how he has a crown of thorns. It's like death flags keep popping up for him.

Although I still don't get where the guilty part of the crown comes in.

The guilty part refers to Shu using other people's hearts as weapons, which is a sin apparently and it makes Shu feel guilty. Coupled with the king's arm which is obtained from the Void genome, king-->Crown, you get Guilty Crown.
Old 2012-03-02, 22:39   Link #162
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
inb4 series end on a cliffhanger, End of Guilty Crown OVA half a year later. I'm finding it hard to see how they can properly answer every single plot point they've introduced in the last 3 episodes.
Don't you mean Guilty Crown theatrical movie? Just like Eden of the East.

Shu is pulling a Madoka by absorbing all the cancer with the Void. So will Shu become a god in the end? Will Inori become the next Homura? I hope this series ends with both of them physically together.
Old 2012-03-02, 22:40   Link #163
syke123

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
More like Shu is the equivalent of christ in the series. Even the opening sings about how he has a crown of thorns. It's like death flags keep popping up for him.

Although I still don't get where the guilty part of the crown comes in.
Crown can also be interpreted into god or king. So guilty god or king.

I honestly don't know who from the tree he's inspired from, although next week is when everything gets revealed.

Last edited by syke123; 2012-03-03 at 15:12.
Old 2012-03-02, 23:18   Link #164
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetal lancelouch View Post
Spoiler for episode 19:

please answer my question....thanks in advance
From what I understood, it's his void power, his can basically take (Or copy, this is debatable since the description was so vague) anything he wants from a person's heart/soul, and yes, that'll include voids. So now he can TRACE ON any void he comes in contact with.
Old 2012-03-02, 23:32   Link #165
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trudinh View Post
lol, i dont really care what happen anymore, episode 19 is pretty bad. unless episode 20 can bring the excitement back to me then i dont really care what happen to shu.

I guessed that shu void is a new arm back in episode 17 and what do u know...... it is.
you weren't the only one, and guessing that his power up or Void would be his arm was not hard. Its in the OP very clearly everyone was already talking about it. so im not sure how you are laying claim to something over half of the community figured out.
Old 2012-03-03, 05:49   Link #166
Makall

Didn't the MC in the LN have the third void genome?

That doesn't make any sense. So there's actually 4 of them...
Old 2012-03-03, 08:42   Link #167
bakuramariks
The Observer

R.I.P Segai. You will be missed. I will never forget the arousement i got whenever you showed up. I was waiting for the episodes just to see you again, you delicious psycho.

At least he kicked some ass and died happy ;_;.
Old 2012-03-03, 08:59   Link #168
Trudinh

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetal lancelouch View Post
Spoiler for episode 19:

please answer my question....thanks in advance
His right hand that he extract out of his heart is his void, it not an king power, it some kind of power that take people strength and weakness.

for weakness part, he took souta crystal virus and and become infected himself and cure souta from it.

His void is like an void that carry all of the burden that people have on himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
you weren't the only one, and guessing that his power up or Void would be his arm was not hard. Its in the OP very clearly everyone was already talking about it. so im not sure how you are laying claim to something over half of the community figured out.
I know it not really hard to guess it, im not trying to take the credit for it, im just saying it coming predictable and when that happen, the story start to suck. for me a good story is when it surprise me.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2012-03-04 at 06:55.
Old 2012-03-03, 10:25   Link #169
blue_sora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Also, the reason why the 3rd Genome seems stronger is because for the first time Shu was able to draw out his own void which enhances his ability he can now use that which makes the person whole all of it. Shu needed to lose his arm in order for this to happen. It would not have had the same effect if he would amputated his arm himself. He would not have had the right mindset to do what needs to be done. The stronger the person's will and when the people share a deep bond or connection like love it becomes stronger.. Which is why Inori's void has always been his strongest. Gai would not be able to use Inori's void to the same potential as Shu, it cant be a one way street. Even Souta's Void increased in level when Shu uses it because of his forgiveness and friendship for Souta and vice versa. Now that Shu can take all of a person it means he will also take their cancer. His upgrade was not just the 3rd Genome it was his resolve, his determination and he finally stopped running and questioning himself in his head. All of this lead to his upgrade and him being able to pull his own Void.

There was no reason for Haruka to reveal the hiding place of the 3rd Genome therefore you cant give Gai something that is hidden.
No, Keido hides it, so it means that Keido can easily use it on Gai without cutting Shu's arm. Haruka stole it from them.

You see, this is my problem with this episode, the writers seems go the worst possible scenario to get the goal : "Have Shu gets his arm cut and then gained back":

1. Have the dead Gai resurrected and cut Shu's arm to get his void powers.

2. So now Shu needs the third genome to power up. But the genome is with GHQ. How to get the genome? Somehow Haruka delivers it.

3. But why the hell Haruka is with GHQ? How can she potentially stole it when she's against Keido in the earlier episodes? Get her to suddenly teamwork with Keido because somehow she wanted Shu's arm cut off when she can just easily referred him to a hospital to have his arm amputated, maybe before the whole wall chaos started.

4. So Haruka wants the third genome for someone else to bear the burden, why doesn't she takes it? Because deep down she knows Shu is the one and like she said she was just running away. So to me she admits that Shu is the true bearer but she denied it so much that she preferred his arm to be cut off.

5. And still Shu gets the third genome. So now all of her previous actions to save Shu are truly meaningless because now not only once, but twice Shu get infected. And as the hand supposed to be Shu's void he can easily pulled it out even with his first genome and become his glove or something. So why didn't he attempted this before during the school arc?

tl:dr; The writers writes the most roundabout and bad way just to get Shu's arm cut off and upgrade when they could do all of that in less amount of episodes and better way. Oh, and to make his resolve stronger somehow.

And no Souta's and Yahiro's void didn't increase in level, not that I observed. It functions and powers is still the same. So is Ayase's void.
Old 2012-03-03, 11:03   Link #170
Kakkou
Tch.

What I got from the scene where Keido and Segai were watching Haruka take the case and run is that Haruka most likely had the third genome with her from the very beginning (or the anime, at least) and kept it hidden from Keido and GHQ. That's why Neo Gai had to forcefully take Shu's.

Of course, this theory still has some questions that need to be answered to work but to me it makes the situation more believable until they either disprove it or give their own explanation.
Old 2012-03-03, 11:43   Link #171
Trudinh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
What I got from the scene where Keido and Segai were watching Haruka take the case and run is that Haruka most likely had the third genome with her from the very beginning (or the anime, at least) and kept it hidden from Keido and GHQ. That's why Neo Gai had to forcefully take Shu's.

Of course, this theory still has some questions that need to be answered to work but to me it makes the situation more believable until they either disprove it or give their own explanation.
ya i agree, haruka has the 3rd one ever since, but she hide it from GHQ. and now since everything is chaos, haruka have to use the King power on someone, she didnt want Shu to be involve.
Old 2012-03-03, 17:30   Link #172
syke123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makall View Post
Didn't the MC in the LN have the third void genome?

That doesn't make any sense. So there's actually 4 of them...
Wait, what LN are you referring to?
Old 2012-03-03, 18:34   Link #173
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_sora View Post
No, Keido hides it, so it means that Keido can easily use it on Gai without cutting Shu's arm. Haruka stole it from them.

I watched that scene again and if Keido knew where the 3rd Genome was he would have taken it already. He starts talking about how Haruka never changes they had been watching Haruka the whole time because Keido knew her conscious wpi;d get the better of her eventually and she would lead them to where she hid it. Haruka hid the 3rd the Genome on her own accord to keep it from falling into the hands of the GHQ. If Keido had the 3rd one he wouldn't have bothered sending Gai to take the one from Shu. I think you might be overthinking this a bit bro
Old 2012-03-03, 20:37   Link #174
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by syke123 View Post
Wait, what LN are you referring to?
He means VN I think...which would also raise many questions
Old 2012-03-03, 23:36   Link #175
syke123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
He means VN I think...which would also raise many questions
Probably, but the VN's characters are test subjects of the genome, since we had no reference of them until now I wouldn't base anything concrete.

But some twist will probably occur and they'll at the very least referrence the experimental genomes before the show ends.

It also seems like a main spinoff too, I would of hoped for something entirely fresh.
Old 2012-03-04, 00:53   Link #176
ninetail1989
Dreamer

i dont get it....
what is Shu Void power actually...created an arm?...
also now he can just summon out any void at will without the need to touch back their host?hah?i dont get it...suddenly he using flying legs..then change to can opener...then change to that pincer.....whats this....he become Ben 10?dial up jus like dat?
Old 2012-03-04, 02:52   Link #177
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetail1989 View Post
i dont get it....
also now he can just summon out any void at will without the need to touch back their host?hah?i dont get it...suddenly he using flying legs..then change to can opener...then change to that pincer.....whats this....he become Ben 10?dial up jus like dat?
More like Megaman to me. Actually this is good because the limitation of 17 year olds is really stupid for "power or king".
Old 2012-03-04, 03:19   Link #178
dark998

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetail1989 View Post
i dont get it....
While Im not entirely sure if the wireframe voids are the real ones or copies, it is a fact he still needs to extract them manually from each person first (so no Hare's bandages or Inori's sword...yet). The arm keeps them on stand by and he is able to switch and use only one at a time (apparently).

All in all is a pretty nifty ability not taking in account the negative aspects.
Old 2012-03-04, 06:46   Link #179
Trudinh

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark998 View Post
While Im not entirely sure if the wireframe voids are the real ones or copies, it is a fact he still needs to extract them manually from each person first (so no Hare's bandages or Inori's sword...yet). The arm keeps them on stand by and he is able to switch and use only one at a time (apparently).

All in all is a pretty nifty ability not taking in account the negative aspects.
well they did say shu void let him take people weaknesses and strength. im guessing the strength part is their void.
Old 2012-03-04, 07:31   Link #180
gameboy234

Ayase is wheel chair bound.. Shu absorb this weakness too?
Closed Thread