AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-05-12, 03:27   Link #301
karumofin

im used to it, it happens to all my fav shows >_<
i just hope the fansubbers dont forget about mushishi, like they forgot about kino no tabi, of which the full movie version hasnt even been translated to this very day -_-
karumofin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-12, 04:19   Link #302
nixie
Nyunga Ro Chaga

Sweet, Mushishi won this year's Kodansha award for General section.
Old 2006-05-12, 10:11   Link #303
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by karumofin
im used to it, it happens to all my fav shows >_<
i just hope the fansubbers dont forget about mushishi, like they forgot about kino no tabi, of which the full movie version hasnt even been translated to this very day -_-
Erm.. are you refering to Life Goes On?

And don't worry, the last 6 episodes will be subbed. (")b
i'm not speaking for any groups, and of course its still up to them, but we have their word that it'll be done.

Last edited by Lost; 2006-05-12 at 11:30.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-12, 13:43   Link #304
karumofin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost
Erm.. are you refering to Life Goes On?

And don't worry, the last 6 episodes will be subbed. (")b
i'm not speaking for any groups, and of course its still up to them, but we have their word that it'll be done.
thats good to know...
and yeah thats the movie i meant. there were two versions of the movie: one "trailer" from some anime expo, thats half an hour long and one real movie, thats much longer. the only versions ive seen were half an hour long, so feel free to correct me if youve seen the full version ;/
( http://kino.ming-ling.net/anime-movie.html <-- there you go, this article is talking about the special 30 minutes entama version that ive seen )
karumofin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-12, 14:35   Link #305
CelesAurivern
Mein Kampf :D
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by karumofin
one real movie, thats much longer.
Are you aware what content that supposed real movie contains?
CelesAurivern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-15, 19:03   Link #306
chucky
Always impatient

Anyone watched episode 21 yet?
chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-16, 06:55   Link #307
Emil Scherbe

I found Chinese sub is out already.
Spoiler:
Emil Scherbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-16, 06:55   Link #308
Snoop'

Yeah, I was going to ask that too.
IIRC, according to the official site, ep.21 was planned on 05/21, but the usual people haven't posted anything here yet, and I can't find the raws (thought I would try a healthy raw for once) on the usual sites...

@Emil Scherbe : Ginko is a something-something-thinking-life-form ? No waaaaay...
Snoop' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-16, 06:59   Link #309
wao
OK.

Yeah, strange - it's not on a certain library. I'm getting it off wheenie now, it's easier to find because a. it aired quite some time ago and b. MUshishi's kind of popular, even though now it's on BS Fuji.

I'll post about it when I get it - I wonder what the production will be like? But I already know the story, and it almost creeped me out when I first read it - hopefully it will be more impactful in its animated form. Actually, with all the noises and the movement... I imagine it would be rather creepy >_<

EDIT: Emil Scherbe, how is Ginko an unimaginably strange living being?

Last edited by wao; 2006-05-16 at 08:24.
wao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-16, 08:31   Link #310
Snoop'

I found a few Chinese subs, so I'll download the 100MB version, just to be able to watch it soon (and learn Chinese XDDDD). Before replacing it with C1 or ANBU's releases, of course.

BTW, I have a question : the episodes display "made in Hi Vision", so this means that it is actually aired in HD ? But my Mushishi DVDs are in the usual def... I pay to have the episodes in a lower quality than what is aired on TV ? Oh noes !
Old 2006-05-16, 13:08   Link #311
wao
OK.

I just watched ep 21 - very well done, the continuity and pacing were very carefully thought out and the result was pleasing. The animation was like the good eps of the previous batch of episodes - very slow, careful but smooth movement, and there were some good areas too: mostly Aki's reactions in a particular part and the Watahiko transforming. The faces looked great - except for some shots where the couple didn't have faces for a while, which is a commonly-used money-saving trick, but still, it looked very distracting... However it's all made up for how awesome Ginko looked this episode! It's not just sticking to the models but managing to bring out the essence of the design. He felt very Ginko-ish today.

The Watahiko, by the way, are voiced by Honey-sempai's seiyuu, it's a little freaky in a way For seiyuu nuts there's Tomoko Kawakami in this episode too so do check it out, there's good voice acting as usual.

A quick summary (not in the order that the episode went in) would be
Spoiler:

....With that, I suppose I should go to sleep already too, I don't know how I found myself typing that out...
Old 2006-05-16, 21:04   Link #312
Cal-Reflector

Downloading chinese sub now... sigh, I've read this episode before in manga, another very tragic tale, perhaps even the most disturbing of the Ginko tales yet.

Edit: Definitely the darkest, most disturbing, possibly most "violent" episode of Mushishi so far. We get a rare look at Ginko when he enters non-pacifist mode, settling for nothing less than a "total annhilation" policy against problematic mushi, who, to Ginko's credit, in this case pose a very direct threat to the people they affect. A life-and-death struggle episode, if there ever was one in Mushishi.

Last edited by Cal-Reflector; 2006-05-16 at 21:59.
Cal-Reflector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-16, 21:54   Link #313
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

Heh heh, Emil Scherbe I think we saw the same Chinese sub, as I read that very same line at the end. I raised an amused eyebrow at that. And wao, you call that a "quick summary"? More like detailed record to me . Anyways episode 21 comments.
Spoiler for Brief episode 21 thoughts:
Muir Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-17, 16:32   Link #314
jin_saotome

I have to say Mushishi has become one of my favorite Anime of all time. At first I was kinda "yeah so what", but the style and freshness of it pulled me back. Eventually I started to wonder what a game based on Mushishi would be like.

The game would have five towns with eight major pathways connecting them. The game would be a persistant one in which the player travels game's universe helping those in need of the player's services. Once a scenario starts the gameplay becomes something like the DS game Phoenix Wright, in that the player must put together clues found in the village and in the player's Mushi database to determine the cause of problem facing the village or NPC. At that point the game becomes more like Trauma center or some other mini game in which the player fixes the problem.

At the end of the scenario the player leaves the area (If he/she chooses to) and goes to any of the other four villages. The game would have an Animal Crossing feel to it, in that a Mushi pandemic could break out in a village, whether or not the player is there. If the player spends all of their time in one area of the game the other villages will be destroyed. But every village can be restored through some cumbersome process, in hopes that the player will check in with each village every once and a while. This will keep the roam the lands feel of the game alive. Also every pathway between villages would be different. One could be a lake, another a mountian or green valley, etc.

I know this could never happen, but it's fun to dream.
jin_saotome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-18, 13:31   Link #315
Cal-Reflector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jin_saotome
I have to say Mushishi has become one of my favorite Anime of all time. At first I was kinda "yeah so what", but the style and freshness of it pulled me back. Eventually I started to wonder what a game based on Mushishi would be like.

The game would have five towns with eight major pathways connecting them. The game would be a persistant one in which the player travels game's universe helping those in need of the player's services. Once a scenario starts the gameplay becomes something like the DS game Phoenix Wright, in that the player must put together clues found in the village and in the player's Mushi database to determine the cause of problem facing the village or NPC. At that point the game becomes more like Trauma center or some other mini game in which the player fixes the problem.

At the end of the scenario the player leaves the area (If he/she chooses to) and goes to any of the other four villages. The game would have an Animal Crossing feel to it, in that a Mushi pandemic could break out in a village, whether or not the player is there. If the player spends all of their time in one area of the game the other villages will be destroyed. But every village can be restored through some cumbersome process, in hopes that the player will check in with each village every once and a while. This will keep the roam the lands feel of the game alive. Also every pathway between villages would be different. One could be a lake, another a mountian or green valley, etc.

I know this could never happen, but it's fun to dream.

Coming to Play Station 3 near you... who knows, with the critical acclaim its received, it just might happen. Throw me in some continuation from scenarios presented in the anime and appearances by Shinra, Renzu, Suzu, and Tanyuu, and I'll plunk down the big money for that console.
Old 2006-05-18, 17:57   Link #316
Snoop'

Don't forget Sui (ep.2) in the PS3 game !
Or actually, what about something like "Mushi - catch'em all !" : 2 versions, 250 sorts of Mushi, you make them fight and evolve in order to be the ultimate Mushi Master !

Mmh, I didn't know that Ginko reads 銀古 in Chinese... And BTW the fansubbing team (KKDM, was it ?) spelled Watahiko 渡彦, which I find odd.
And since Mushishi second season doesn't air on a public channel, there are very few blogs commenting on it... How sad. (my personal fav is this one)
Spoiler for Ep.21 thoughts:
Old 2006-05-19, 08:22   Link #317
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal-Reflector
Coming to Play Station 3 near you... who knows, with the critical acclaim its received, it just might happen. Throw me in some continuation from scenarios presented in the anime and appearances by Shinra, Renzu, Suzu, and Tanyuu, and I'll plunk down the big money for that console.
It sounds like a game that seems more suited for the PC. Somewhat like Myst? Or TES4:Oblivion

Anyway I'm very very happy Mushishi is continuing so fast (imagine having to wait till Sep); I wonder how I'll cope when it really ends Truly a beautiful Anime. (so much so i'm getting the raws. something i've never done. never.)

And thanks wao for the episode synopsis it sounds much creepier than usual

Last edited by Lost; 2006-05-19 at 09:43.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-20, 11:04   Link #318
AisuruMirai
箱者

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
For seiyuu nuts...
Hey, that's ME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
there's Tomoko Kawakami
WOW!
---------------------------------------------

Thanks for the summary, wao. I just watched the raw & will read it after I get some sleep. How very kind of you, 相変わらず。

では、
アイスル未来
---------------------------------------------

EDIT: By the way, I looked at the Ginko art & especially liked the one in the WP folder w/ this title: 1146073821208. I thought, "Hey, that looks like Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou." & guess what? It was done by Ashinano Hitoshi, the author of YKK, which, in February of this year, ended its run in Afternoon, in which Mushishi is published.

Last edited by AisuruMirai; 2006-05-20 at 11:25.
AisuruMirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-20, 15:32   Link #319
Rion
Ramune~

Quote:
Originally Posted by AisuruMirai
I thought, "Hey, that looks like Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou." & guess what?
XD It's a little bit weird and funny to read this when you used this wallpaper for a few months about 2 years ago. Well yes, it is my favourite wallpaper of the whole collection ^^ (There were more "Afternoon mangaka drawing other Afternoon manga"-wallpaper)
Rion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-20, 20:03   Link #320
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

Anyone else saw the extra episode called Mushishi "Digest"? This "episode" consisted of short clips from various regular episodes of Mushishi, and interviews of some of the key people behind the Mushishi animation, along with a brief glimpse into the tangible creation of the Mushishi animation, with Ginko's voice actor, Yuto Nakano, as the narrator throughout the episode. Hiroshi Nagahama (overall director), Toshio Masuda (music), Takeshi Waki (art director), Kazuya Tanaka (sound director) were the interviews presented. I thought it was a pretty enlightening watch; to hear the creators comment on Mushishi and the aspect of their work, and to listen to Ginko's voice actor explaining the work and the world of Mushishi. I think my appreciation for Mushishi has just gone up a bit from viewing this report.
Muir Woods is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, historical, seinen, supernatural