Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2003-11-13, 00:12   Link #1
Mundain
They call me stew

Send a message via AIM to Mundain
scribbles

some things ive done while messing around, this pencil sketch/color I did out of complete randomness.. so I dont have any idea where I got the idea, and if it resembles anyone, its coincidence(spelling), I really hate that scanners cant pick up the light shadeing.(I dunno, maybe if I crank my scan in to 600 or higher it will pick it up, just to much work for some random thing like this)

This next picture is one I colored ONLY :P the line art is from k|aka|ou of go-gaia. I wouldnt mind some C&C on this pic, but let me tell you some things I know are wrong before you comment on them :P

#1 my light sorce is off a lot, but I havent recolored the areas to fix it.
#2, as a result, I didnt use any casted shadows, so it looks kinda flat
-so-

I mainly need C&C on the color choice, shadeing, and all the other things :P

thanks.

Mundain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-13, 01:21   Link #2
dot|hack
Flash Tech

Pic 1 looks mysterious I like that style a lot. Pic 2 reminds me of someone who i cant remember, i wonder who hmmm. Good work and on pic 2 the cg is done very nicely!
dot|hack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-13, 01:26   Link #3
Stickels
Just passing by

pic 1 is awesome, I love the whole thing

pic 2 is cool... but your right, the light source is REALLY off (especially on his arm...)
Stickels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-13, 03:50   Link #4
gravitation
Don't use animesuki now..

oooo those pics are sooo good ^__^ the second one looks uber kool by the wat ^___^
gravitation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-13, 04:05   Link #5
Tzurial
in silent opposition

Send a message via AIM to Tzurial Send a message via MSN to Tzurial
Hi! Those both look great. I cant really give any critisism to the coloring on the second. But you might want to try and make your skin colors more vibrant. Try more oranges and less beige and brown. Its mostly just playing around with colors to see what looks best when it comes to skin ^_^
Tzurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-13, 04:48   Link #6
kapaostudios
Artist

Send a message via AIM to kapaostudios Send a message via MSN to kapaostudios
nice shading seems like u like blue and green alot i'm being looking at ur work alot i remember ur cg for the dragon girl. maybe u should try alot of different colors to see how the pic will look, when i cg my pics i usally go thur lots and lots of colors to see what matches.
kapaostudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-13, 05:50   Link #7
Asura
should i stay longer?

Send a message via MSN to Asura
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapaostudios
seems like u like blue and green alot i'm being looking at ur work alot i remember ur cg for the dragon girl.
me think that's fenrihr's.. however, if Mundain did color it, then i might've missed it.. So, how about a repost, Mundain?

As for coloring of the 2nd one posted here, just looking at the nose line, it's expected for the light source to come from the right of the drawing. Color palete for it...brown, khaki, yellow. That's all the base color I'd put to it. Dunno why, just felt earth colors would fit best somehow..

first picture is nice, I like it.
Asura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-13, 09:07   Link #8
Mundain
They call me stew

thanks thanks! hehe, I did use a lot of blue :P color choice is hard cor me Tonite im going to try and fix the shades, and alter the colors some, so keep an eye out for a corrected version ^_^

as for your pic asura, I never finished it because you made a post with the eited picture, saying you were still not done, so I was wating ^_^ However, I did get a few rough things down before I saw your post, Ill show you. (Light sorce is comeing from wrong side though :P )

P.S. I dunno, some of you may be wondering what the big white area is in the BG, they are sposed to be clouds, in the RL pic they are shaded.(and if your wonderng about the the lighs comeing from the left side , but the ligh sorce of the smaller pic is wrong, its because the main pic is the face, and then the smaller one is like a zoomed out angle or something... i dunno o.O, I think im makeing stuff up to make me feel better now :P)
Old 2003-11-13, 12:43   Link #9
Asura
should i stay longer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mundain
as for your pic asura, I never finished it because you made a post with the eited picture, saying you were still not done, so I was wating ^_^
when I said I'm gonna really finish a personal project, I mean it as in a year or 2..because I'm always in my lazy loop... Frankly though..I'm just too distracted to work on it that i kinda lose interest.. so, a year or 2 minimum.. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mundain
P.S. I dunno, some of you may be wondering what the big white area is in the BG, they are sposed to be clouds, in the RL pic they are shaded.(and if your wonderng about the the lighs comeing from the left side , but the ligh sorce of the smaller pic is wrong, its because the main pic is the face, and then the smaller one is like a zoomed out angle or something... i dunno o.O, I think im makeing stuff up to make me feel better now :P)
*BONKS Mundain on the head* It's BONK time!...LOL (told you I'm easily distracted XD XD XD!!! )
Old 2003-11-13, 17:55   Link #10
Mundain
They call me stew

lol, 2 years is a long wait ^_^ Im going to have to buy some paper that absorbs lots of ink, I cant ink on regular printer paper, it bloches, and the lines arnt crisp, at least they arnt when I scan in at a decent resolution, anyone got a sugestion as to what paper I need?

also another sugestion I need, what color should his undershirt/skin tight shirt/painted on shirt under his green jacket be? o.O
Old 2003-11-13, 18:23   Link #11
Asura
should i stay longer?

paper huh... so far when I ink manually, I always do it on a piece of tracing paper..the smoothest, most transparent paper there is IMO that also scans in the best. And is quite cheap.. like..3 bucks for 100 pages of 9x12"

even 2H pencils will look like a 2B on it. As for pens..i only use sakura pens..cheap, and dries pretty quick as long as you don't make a puddle on the paper.

as for the guy's shirt, a white tee is nice, a fishnet would look fancy..