AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On!! (Second Season) - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 23 30.26%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 22 28.95%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 25.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 11.84%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.95%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-06-03, 01:29   Link #41
Ezilled

Well, the episode was very satisfying with its simplicity and laidback pacing as oppose to the previous ones set inside their school.

YuiAzu bonding moments were madly adorable and moe. Yui really tried her best in exam, which she passed it with top scores as expected, and in the contest aimed for the elders. Sadly, they've only got the consolation prize, and I thought if they ever won the contest, they would have a hot spring episode next. Azusa was so moe when she wobbled her head and sang the Fuwa Fuwa Time enka version. Their Yukata and their performance were really nice, I didn't expect they would perform Manzai and Fudepen Enka while the rest cheered for them. Grandma must be really happy and proud that she'll have no regrets when she passes away.

For the preview, it seems it'll be incoming Sawako episode and her secret lover? Also, K-ON is now endorsing beer products, and nice addition to KyoAni advertisement inserted on this episode.
Old 2010-06-03, 02:10   Link #42
roankun
Tsundere Lover

Maybe just for a day, I'll let the K-On fever take me away

Quote:
Originally Posted by fict_ticious View Post
- Yui's scoring very well when she managed to find time to dick around was BULLSHIT
Normally, I'd agree, but that kind of stuff also happens to me. ^^

I replayed the "What do you think of RitsuMio" moment way too much, and now I call it MitsuRio.

All in all, great episode. Azusa gets plus points in my heart.
Old 2010-06-03, 05:19   Link #43
shyezrylei
Intoxicated Guitarist

Send a message via MSN to shyezrylei Send a message via Yahoo to shyezrylei
This episode shows that Yui's decision to join the light music club was one of her greatest steps in life as an adolescent. It also proves that she's going to be okay as an adult because over the years of being with the other girls, she has matured and improved as a person.
Old 2010-06-03, 05:21   Link #44
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

I can't help but chuckle going back to look at the episode again. I mean just look at what clearly seems to be Yui's main preoccupation in her exam studies... and how awkward it was for Azusa to play the straight man over this revelation.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2010-06-03, 11:23   Link #45
klare

a nice and warm eps, the combo of Yui Azusa is good

scoring high marks even when u sleep during exams? Yui must be a genius
Old 2010-06-03, 11:26   Link #46
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Lotus root in chicken stew....is that some kind of new recipe? Wanna try it out if I have time!

And the text Yui was reading at 07.18 is about Cathy Freeman.

Yui forgets about soy sauce and brought back sugar.

Mugi, what has the story about Urashima Taro got to do with the contest?????

Azunyan in a tracksuit = win. Why isn't she wearing bloomers....*gets slapped* And I wish I was the bicycle...*gets slapped again*. Fuwa fuwa enka remix Azunyan ver!! Kitty can't sing for nuts! And hypocrisy again..."you are like a stray cat that is being fed.", so who's the cat being fed all the time in the music room?

Of course. CUDDLE THE KITTY! CUDDLE THE KITTY!! CUDDLE HER WHEN SHE'S WEARING A SINGLE PONYTAIL AND TRADITIONAL DRESS! MINE! SHE'S MINE! AHHHHHHH......*gets knocked out by Mut-tan*

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-06-03, 11:45   Link #47
shyezrylei
Intoxicated Guitarist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Azunyan in a tracksuit = win. Why isn't she wearing bloomers....*gets slapped* And I wish I was the bicycle...*gets slapped again*. Fuwa fuwa enka remix Azunyan ver!! Kitty can't sing for nuts! And hypocrisy again..."you are like a stray cat that is being fed.", so who's the cat being fed all the time in the music room?

Of course. CUDDLE THE KITTY! CUDDLE THE KITTY!! CUDDLE HER WHEN SHE'S WEARING A SINGLE PONYTAIL AND TRADITIONAL DRESS! MINE! SHE'S MINE! AHHHHHHH......*gets knocked out by Mut-tan*
OMG! I can imagine you just drooling all over yourself as you watch Azunyan prop herself on her bike. Lol no wonder you got slapped.

I would love to see a MAD about Azusa's Fuwa Fuwa Time enka. That would be awesome as hell!
Old 2010-06-03, 11:51   Link #48
krko
The Movie is Coming

Really made up for that last episode. Reminded me why I liked Yui's character in the first place. Hard working Yui really is quite a pleasure to see, as well as Yui giving Asuza voice lessons.

Actually I think that Yui and co are in a rather exclusive school. After all the school has entrance exams and is a school that someone like Nodoka would pick so chances are it has an accelerated curriculum or something. And since Yui is used to taking tests without studying, she didn't study for the harder exams in high school, hence her low grades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
scoring high marks even when u sleep during exams? Yui must be a genius
Its not that hard... I've done it once. But only once, other times it happened I barely passed or failed miserably .
Old 2010-06-03, 15:06   Link #49
chaos_animagic

mmmmMMMMM... short yukatas.... Azunyan ponytail.... red ribbon....

*MOOOOOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEE*

I think my moe meter just exploded... again... I gotta find a moe meter that can withstand all this moe.

I <3 Azunyan... she's the cutest character in here.
Old 2010-06-03, 17:09   Link #50
LC
Shocking Pink

This was a delightful episode! :3 Yui's my favorite character, so I'm totally loving the episodes focusing on her. I love how much development she has gotten, and I think it shows that there is much more to this show besides moe. Personally, I don't care about moe , which sorta made me not like the second half of the first season as much. So, I'm glad the focus is on slice-of-life and comedy rather than "Moe moe kyun!"

9/10
Old 2010-06-03, 21:57   Link #51
ReddyRedWolf

Admittedly I loled at Sawa-chan who is going through addiction withdrawal of sweets and tea.

Next is a Sawa-chan ep.
Old 2010-06-03, 22:34   Link #52
Friday
Im shy too...

Spoiler for bad....:

RATING: POOR

Sawa episode looks promising.......
Old 2010-06-03, 22:39   Link #53
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

i hope htt will go pro at the end
Old 2010-06-04, 01:19   Link #54
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

Interesting dynamics between the characters are developing in the last 3 eps.
Old 2010-06-04, 02:40   Link #55
shyezrylei
Intoxicated Guitarist

I laughed my head off when Yui and Azusa were practicing singing some traditional song and Azunyan looked so cute when she was trying to sing while Yui was telling her to sing with more energy! Her voice was cute and funny at the same time! xD
Old 2010-06-04, 06:25   Link #56
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Yui has been cosplaying a lot these past episodes...
Old 2010-06-04, 07:28   Link #57
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post
Yui has been cosplaying a lot these past episodes...
I think that has to do with her trying to find her own identity.
Old 2010-06-04, 10:54   Link #58
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

Some exams can be so boring you'd prefer to sleep through them. I believe the subject was history. Yep, based on my experience, that subject does give boring tests sometimes. Heh, Yui's math score is still low. I remember it was Mio who tutored her on that last season.

Suddenly I wanted to hear acoustic versions of their songs. I believe they did release an acoustic album a few months ago?
Old 2010-06-04, 14:59   Link #59
OkamiNoKaze

I rather liked the episode, the Kyoto Animation logo part caught be off guard, I was like "what does this have to do with anything" I wonder if they'll make one for each show they do. That would be kinda cool. Poor Yui mixed up Soy saws and Sugar. Also I found that odd they used the lyrics for Clementine for that song. Is it a similar story for both songs? Yui and Asuza make a good team.
Old 2010-06-04, 19:23   Link #60
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkamiNoKaze View Post
I rather liked the episode, the Kyoto Animation logo part caught be off guard, I was like "what does this have to do with anything" I wonder if they'll make one for each show they do. That would be kinda cool. Poor Yui mixed up Soy saws and Sugar. Also I found that odd they used the lyrics for Clementine for that song. Is it a similar story for both songs? Yui and Asuza make a good team.
No, that was just that particular fansubber group's attempt at "localization" for American audiences. Not a bad choice per se, but I'd have been fine with the actual lyrics.