AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-09-20, 17:14   Link #41
OneTunaFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One
I don't think so... Ed also didn't knew it, even though he passed it before...
but I'm really surprised about the control, Dante has over the gate. I mean she can open it without even touching the alchemic circle... actually all the things (Dante, the circle, the "victim") seems to be completely seperate, which makes me wonder, how the gate knows who to get.
The baby is the "key" to open the gate, Dante had a transmutation circle drawn into the baby's belly. She said it is easier to open the gate when the connection between soul, body and mind are week like the one in a baby. Just some how she uses the baby to send people to the other site.

I just hope Ed find a way to get back to kick dante's disgusting butt
Old 2004-09-20, 18:03   Link #42
323Familia

Im curious to know if Ed and his dad can use Alchemy on the other side...
Old 2004-09-20, 21:26   Link #43
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie
Spoiler:
Hmm... so you mean
Spoiler:
Old 2004-09-20, 22:27   Link #44
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
Hmm... so you mean
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

http://sining83.blogspot.com
Old 2004-09-20, 23:55   Link #45
Gatts
天才

Quote:
Originally Posted by 323Familia
Im curious to know if Ed and his dad can use Alchemy on the other side...
That's a good question. I remember during episode 44 Al asking why the homonculi couldn't use alchemy, and Hoenheim said it was because they came from the "other side of the gate"... and since both of them are now there, perhaps Alchemy doesn't/can't exist at all. Or is it just because no one has the knowledge of it? Although that wouldn't make sense to me, otherwise the homonculi could of just learned how to use it in the hagaren world...

*head explodes*

I guess we'll find out (hopefully) in the next episode.
Old 2004-09-21, 12:43   Link #46
Blaat

Spoiler:
Old 2004-09-21, 14:24   Link #47
lauyee
Rad Wanker

Send a message via ICQ to lauyee Send a message via MSN to lauyee
[QUOTE=Gatts]That's a good question. I remember during episode 44 Al asking why the homonculi couldn't use alchemy, and Hoenheim said it was because they came from the "other side of the gate"... [QUOTE]

nice one but Ed and Hoen doesn't came from 'beyond the gate' so I believe they can still use alchemy

but I somehow wonder what does hoen mean when he said that
ain't alchemy a learn skill?

Last edited by lauyee; 2004-09-21 at 14:32. Reason: typing error
Old 2004-09-21, 17:26   Link #48
Gmc

Hmm...another good episode...I'm a bit sad though, only 2 episodes left
Old 2004-09-21, 17:39   Link #49
gangsta905_04
AnimeSuki's #1 criminal

Send a message via MSN to gangsta905_04
hmmm..so hoenheim is roze's baby...and it seems that al's going to die ...why else would ed scream??...
Old 2004-09-21, 18:06   Link #50
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by gangsta905_04
hmmm..so hoenheim is roze's baby...and it seems that al's going to die ...why else would ed scream??...
Hohenheim isn't Roze's baby
Old 2004-09-21, 18:13   Link #51
Gatts
天才

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauyee
nice one but Ed and Hoen doesn't came from 'beyond the gate' so I believe they can still use alchemy
That's what I was speculating, whether it matters or not which side you came from. Heh, trying to figure it out at this point though is pointless, I just hope they'll actually try to explain it in the next episode or something
Old 2004-09-21, 21:16   Link #52
Arcion
(Anime Indepth)

Send a message via MSN to Arcion
Something interesting about when Ed goes to the other side of the gate, it appears that the body he is now in has been living on its own and when ed came he took it over, Like in the 13th floor.
Old 2004-09-21, 21:33   Link #53
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Yeah, his alter-ego is now... Lost in limbo I suppose.
Old 2004-09-21, 22:48   Link #54
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

wait, if the other side of the door is our world, and homunculus comes from the other side of the door, that means we are the homunculi?
Old 2004-09-21, 22:56   Link #55
zhoos

erm - can someone tell me what is the difference between

Edward-san

and

Edwar-kun?

I know they both mean Edward, but I don't speak Japanese, so what is the difference between San and Kun?
Old 2004-09-21, 23:18   Link #56
dew

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhoos
erm - can someone tell me what is the difference between

Edward-san

and

Edwar-kun?

I know they both mean Edward, but I don't speak Japanese, so what is the difference between San and Kun?
-san is more respectful than -kun. It reflects more on who's saying it than who they're talking to.
Old 2004-09-22, 00:39   Link #57
davidlionheartZ

Talking Nice Epi

NICE EPI BUT IT JUST LEAVES ME WITH MORE QUESTIONS I HOPE THEY CLEAR EVERYTHING OUT IN THE NEXT EPIS OR I WILL BE LOST FOREVER IN THE FMA UNIVERSE TRYING TO FIGURE THINGS OUT
Old 2004-09-22, 00:43   Link #58
Rattus
Nibbling on the drywall

Whether or not Dante knows what's beyond the gate, she's been researching it... see ep 45 @ 15:50.

So, one of the big questions is whether Equivilent Trade is true or not... Ed still seems to think it is, as does Hohenheim, from what he told Al in the tent. Neither Izumi nor Dante believe in it, and Al's voiceover in the intro casts doubt on whether he does.. ("We thought that was the way of the world when we were young.") But who is right?!

Question to someone who speaks Japanese better than me- the choice of the word for "door" in the episode title interests me.. since they apparantly deliberately didn't choose "mon" to imply THE gate, is it likely (or even possible?) that the title is a (non-sexual :P) double entendre about a) beyond the Alchemy Gate and b) what's beyond the doors to Dante's lair that Ed throws open? If the anime crew intended the title to directly refer to the Alchemy Gate, wouldn't they have used "mon"? (There's a few other episodes when the episode title seems to be a wry inside joke about the plot too)
Old 2004-09-22, 01:02   Link #59
krem

from what i can gather, the gate is an entrance to all parallel universes perhaps, and I guess this has been explained. As mentioned Ed has possibly jumped into a parallel, and as for Honheim, there seemed something strange about him, as if he remembered Ed. I wonder if it's possible that the Honheim in the alchemy world, some how escaped and entered the WW2 world, which is why he looked at Ed strangely?

It's opened a lot of questions, and I really hope it at least mostly concludes with the remaing two episodes. Perhaps Al will be used, but his soul will enter the gate and then Ed merges with his soul somehow? I don't know what is far fetched anymore at watching episode 49.

As for Dante's doubts about equivalent trade, she wants to change bodies, she has to give up a body in order to gain a body, and she is using the philosopher's stone in Al, which is also giving something to gain something, so you have to doubt Dante's claim that equivalent trade does not exist, because she her self is acting out the requirements of trading.

All very confusing, but very good.
Old 2004-09-22, 02:44   Link #60
WristBandMan

unite the continent? what? did they watched HERO?

btw, the FMA LJ is so creepy.... otakus all around, and yaoi and yuri fanboys & girls.,.. KOWAI~!

Last edited by WristBandMan; 2004-09-22 at 02:55.
Closed Thread