AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2011-12-20, 04:00   Link #3801
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

This was an insane week for the NFL…

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDW View Post

Jacksonville at Atlanta, Winner: Atlanta. Justification: Well, none.
And you got a blowout out of this…

Quote:
Dallas at Tampa Bay, Winner: Dallas. Justification: Cowboys stay in the game.
The Cowboys save face from last weeks disaster.

Quote:
Miami at Buffalo, Winner: Miami. Justification: No, there is no hope for The Bills.
NO HOPE. It can't be long now before Ralph Wilson gives up the ghost and The Bills finally make their move to Toronto.

Quote:
Seattle at Chicago, Winner: Seattle. Justification: The Bears are in a death spiral.
This was obvious. The Seahawks have no hope for the playoffs this year, but they'll be interesting to watch in the off-season.

Quote:
Tennessee at Indianapolis, Winner: Tennessee. Justification: This qualifies as my "I don't give a fuck Bowl" of the week.
And The Colts have to fuck with the natural order of the universe and hurt their chances to draft Andrew Luck.

Quote:
Green Bay at Kansas City, Winner: Green Bay. Justification: Another team ritually sacrificed to The Packers.
And The Devil keeps his side of his contract with The '72 Dolphins for another season…

Quote:
Cincinnati at St. Louis, Winner: Cincinnati. Justification: THE BENGALS WIN THIS FOR GREAT JUSTICE!!! (And hopes of a playoff spot they won't get.)
Wow, this means a whole more for The Bengals than I thought it would.

Quote:
New Orleans at Los Angeles, Winner: New Orleans. Justification: Obvious.
The Saints geaux OMNOMNOM all over The Vikings.

Quote:
Washington at New York (Giants), Winner: Washington. Justification: One of my contrarian picks of the week.
This ended up being right…

Quote:
Carolina at Houston, Winner: Houston. Justification: The Texans take yet another step towards the impossible dream.
Houston fumbled, but given the sheer insanity of this week, it means surprisingly little for them.

Quote:
Detroit at Oakland, Winner: Oakland. Justification: Last week was a horrifying disaster for The Raiders, and by this point we all know how The Raiders respond to horrifying disasters; by winning a game they have no absolutely business winning.
Well, that probably did it for The Raiders playoff chances, even if they still are in the running. Still, this isn't the end for Hue Jackson, in fact, because of Al Davis's death this might end up becoming a huge opportunity for him.

Quote:
New England at Denver, Winner: New England. Justification: "He's a nice kid, beat the shit out him." (Bill Belichick, just before the Patriots/Broncos game)
And the strange saga of Tim Tebow rolls on…

Quote:
New York (Jets) at Philadelphia, Winner: New York (Jets). Justification: Let this be a hope spot for The Jets.
It ended up being a hope spot for The Eagles…

Quote:
Cleveland at Arizona, Winner: Arizona. Justification: This will be horrible, but obvious.
And it was…

Quote:
Baltimore at San Diego, Winner: Baltimore. Justification: This will be a cold blooded Murder, committed by a Murder. (of Ravens, that is)
Another reason why this is the most insane NFL season ever.

Quote:
Pittsburgh at San Francisco, Winner: San Francisco. Justification: The Niners offense may be sputtering, but The Steelers offense is worse without Big Ben (which will likely be the case Monday).
Big Ben was there, but he got intercepted three times and took a few nasty sacks. The Niners held onto the No.2 Seed and proved that they can beat an Elite team.
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-20, 08:18   Link #3802
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

poor Ben...he should not have been in that game
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-20, 08:27   Link #3803
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I'd like to extend my thanks to the 49ers, Panthers, and Chargers for helping to elevate the Patriots to the top of the AFC. I'm still nervous about Miami, but with home games against them and Buffalo, I can see the Pats at 13-3 in a couple of weeks time.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-20, 09:03   Link #3804
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
poor Ben...he should not have been in that game
Yea, he should... to ensure the Steelers inability to compete in the playoffs -- despite making it.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-20, 15:17   Link #3805
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Happy the 9ers won. Hopefully, the Ravens can take care of business the remaining two games.
Old 2011-12-20, 16:35   Link #3806
Samari
World's Greatest

Hey where is Wingdarkness with his weekly bitchfest about the 49ers?

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-20, 16:49   Link #3807
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...clude-bowl-ban

Ohio State is hit with a one year bowl ban. I wish they would go ahead and give UNC their penalties already so they can end this embarrassing period.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
He spoke on the game last night on the previous page (post 3795).
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-20, 22:15   Link #3808
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
Not at all, the Saints and Niners are still tied record-wise with SF holding the tiebreaker. If the Niners win out, they have the spot but the Saints are still well within reach.
One more win and it's pretty much a done deal. I don't see the Rams beating us in the finale. Hopefully the Falcons beat the Saints Monday Night. If they had taken care of business earlier in the year and didn't make that stupid decision that cost them the game we might have a little bit more breathing room.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2011-12-20, 23:16   Link #3809
Samari
World's Greatest

Check this out. Alex Smith's statistics at 11-3:

QB record: 11-3.
Passing yards: 2752
Completion Percentage: 61.4
Yards Per Game: 196.6
Touchdowns/Interceptions: 16/5
Yards per attempt: 7.1
Sacked: 39 times

Another quarterback at 11-3 at one point in time during their first year starting who is now one of the best in the league:

QB record: 11-3.
Passing yards: 2843
Completion Percentage: 63.9
Yards Per Game: 189.5
Touchdowns/Interceptions: 18/12
Yards per attempt: 6.9
Sacked: 41 times

Guess who the other quarterback is.

No this doesn't mean they are on the same level obviously. One is having modest success in their first year in a new system and in the other sceneario at one point in time, the other quarterback is in his first year starting in a system that he'll come to being very comfortable with.

Just thought it was interesting.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2011-12-21, 00:41   Link #3810
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
LMAO, I guess your "Ignore Function" is on Kami's lookout ...

And no, please don't compare Allhax Smith to Breesus (if that's him), for your own sake...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I'd like to extend my thanks to the 49ers, Panthers, and Chargers for helping to elevate the Patriots to the top of the AFC. I'm still nervous about Miami, but with home games against them and Buffalo, I can see the Pats at 13-3 in a couple of weeks time.
And I'd like to extend my middle finger to all of the people responsible for yet again allowing New England to somehow, someway, teamy-teamy-team their way to 1st place in the AFC...The only thing more sickening would be to watch this unfold with a bowl of chowder...

The team is basically 2 TE's, 1 WR, a rightarm and a brain (because the rest of Tom Brady's body is worthless)..The defense is so bad, so utterly horrid, to think Bill Belechick gets a pass on the last 8 years of defensive draft picks boggle's the SPINE...But they still win cuz they just don't make the crucial mistake, and that mofo does more with a bag of bruised fruit than a 5-star chef ever could...

Last edited by wingdarkness; 2011-12-21 at 00:57.
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-21, 01:10   Link #3811
Samari
World's Greatest

No it's working fine WingDarkness. I do check out your comments sometimes to get a laugh, but you're still "ignored" for the most part.

And no one is comparing Smith to Brees. Again, making an argument out of nothing.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2011-12-21, 03:07   Link #3812
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari
And no one is comparing Smith to Brees.
...Duuuh...
Old 2011-12-21, 09:16   Link #3813
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post

And I'd like to extend my middle finger to all of the people responsible for yet again allowing New England to somehow, someway, teamy-teamy-team their way to 1st place in the AFC...The only thing more sickening would be to watch this unfold with a bowl of chowder...

The team is basically 2 TE's, 1 WR, a rightarm and a brain (because the rest of Tom Brady's body is worthless)..The defense is so bad, so utterly horrid, to think Bill Belechick gets a pass on the last 8 years of defensive draft picks boggle's the SPINE...But they still win cuz they just don't make the crucial mistake, and that mofo does more with a bag of bruised fruit than a 5-star chef ever could...
Heh, heh, heh.... suck it. And you're telling me Brady is just an arm and a brain? Have you seen his moves in the pocket? He's like a damn tunafish slipping through defenders sometimes. He's immobile as hell outside of the pocket, but inside it's freaking hard to tackle the guy. He takes a step to the right, drops his shoulder, etc.. always seems to break sacks and have laser-focus downfield...

Now, don't get me wrong the defense is terribad this season and a few games back I was very skeptical of how this season would go. But looking around the league, and the matchups that the Pats will encounter in the playoffs... I'm starting to gain some confidence. As bad as the d is... most other great teams in the NFL this season have terrible defenses. Not only that, but the only teams that give the Patriots real matchup problems are in the NFC (Green Bay and the Saints; elite QB's)... I'm not sold on Big Ben especially after Monday, and even less so about Philip Rivers if he even makes it to the playoffs.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-21, 12:04   Link #3814
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^ I know, but the way you guys win sometimes, it's so nauseating...And now everybody just gives you the AFC home-field on a platter...Ugh (Not the boots)...

But other than that, how's the weather up there?^^
Old 2011-12-21, 13:00   Link #3815
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post

Now, don't get me wrong the defense is terribad this season and a few games back I was very skeptical of how this season would go. But looking around the league, and the matchups that the Pats will encounter in the playoffs... I'm starting to gain some confidence. As bad as the d is... most other great teams in the NFL this season have terrible defenses. Not only that, but the only teams that give the Patriots real matchup problems are in the NFC (Green Bay and the Saints; elite QB's)... I'm not sold on Big Ben especially after Monday, and even less so about Philip Rivers if he even makes it to the playoffs.
Ravens could probably handle New England in the playoffs. I'd be surprised if the Patriots win a playoff game still. They don't have a defense. And you need to have at least a decent unit if you want to get far. At least in most cases.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2011-12-21, 14:05   Link #3816
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
I did see that injury and thought 'Oh, come on! Can anything else go wrong for Chicago?!' Seriously - Cutler, Forte and now Knox?! Their offense has effectively had their heart ripped out. If Urlacher or Peppers goes down next, someone had better call in an exorcist.

lol I'm a Bears fan, and I got a good laugh out of this because this is so true!
Afternoon Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-21, 16:21   Link #3817
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
Heh, heh, heh.... suck it. And you're telling me Brady is just an arm and a brain? Have you seen his moves in the pocket? He's like a damn tunafish slipping through defenders sometimes. He's immobile as hell outside of the pocket, but inside it's freaking hard to tackle the guy. He takes a step to the right, drops his shoulder, etc.. always seems to break sacks and have laser-focus downfield....
Let me remind you how 18-1 was made possible. And no, I'm not referencing that Tyree catch.

Spoiler:

The way to beat the Patriots had been made simple since that day. And the Jets made a show of that last year in the divisional round. Could anyone this year pull off that same feat of keeping Brady on the ground and/or off the field?

The Ravens can - if at home. And the Niners. Oh look, both Harbaugh teams. I'm willing to say the Steelers as well, barring Big Ben's foot.
Old 2011-12-22, 12:47   Link #3818
monir
cho~ kakkoii

So who is considered the best Quarterback playing this season? It's probably a toss up between Aron Rodgers and Drew Brees. If Rodgers win a few more superbowl, I think he will be easilly mentioned as one of the best ever played. I've seen only couple of his game this season. The one against the Saints were amazing which show cased how good this guy is. Brees is the same. His amazingness is the way he shatters the stereotype of NFL Quarterback needs to be at a certain height to have any chance at bringing out the innate talent. Brady is fantastic too considering he pretty much needs to play close to perfection for his team to win due to their poor defense is, and that's exactly what he has done thus far.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-22, 16:00   Link #3819
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
So who is considered the best Quarterback playing this season? It's probably a toss up between Aron Rodgers and Drew Brees.
Beers is just a little over 300 yards left with 2 games to go -- to break Dan Marino's passing record. Factor that into mind.
Old 2011-12-22, 16:46   Link #3820
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
Beers is just a little over 300 yards left with 2 games to go -- to break Dan Marino's passing record. Factor that into mind.
While I'm not saying that he wouldn't have a chance at breaking the record otherwise, I feel like this season has lent some help to all these offensive breakouts by some players/teams this year.

I mean with the whole lockout mess it seemed to really effect the defenses, especially early in the season. You had tons of QBs pulling of 400+ passing games early in the season, even if they were not high calibur; example Henne on the Dolphins.

In general offenses seemed ahead of defenses this year.

So yeah if Brees does break the record he deserves it of course, but I will always have in the back of mind a "what if" of whether the lackluster D early in the year gave him enough of an advantage that maybe things would have turned out differently otherwise.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
american football, sports