AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-08-24, 03:30   Link #1
OmegaZEROCustom
The Alpha and the Omega

Question about the 3rd Zeta Movie

So, I just finished watching the Zeta series again, and decided to skip over ZZ since my fansubs aren't readily availible, so I went straight for CCA. As we know, during the movie, the EF hands Axis over to Char, who proceeds to try and drop it to Earth.

Now, from what I have come to know of ZIII, Haman and the Axis Zeon are seen heading out of the general Earth Sphere area and back to more distant space. I haven't seen the actual ending, but I'm assuming it isn't just ship fleets and they actually take the Axis asteroid back with them. If this is teh case, since it clearly negates ZZ Gundam, would this not negate CCA as well based on the facts? I mean, ZZ is clearly negated since the whole series was AEUG vs. Axis, and while it could be assumed that between 0088 and 0093, the EF came into posession of the asteroid, as far as it basically goes, Haman and Co. should still have the actual asteroid in their hands as of 0093. If thats the case, what the hell is Char going to throw at Earth?

I can't find any pictures or anything of the ending of ZIII, and I know the DVD should be out in the next few months in Japan, as well as them beinf premiered here in the US soon, but I'm hoping someone has seen the ending and can say whether the Axis Zeon simply leaves with the fleet or takes the asteroid base with them too.
OmegaZEROCustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-24, 09:05   Link #2
NeonZ

Quote:
Now, from what I have come to know of ZIII, Haman and the Axis Zeon are seen heading out of the general Earth Sphere area and back to more distant space. I haven't seen the actual ending, but I'm assuming it isn't just ship fleets and they actually take the Axis asteroid back with them.
No, they only take their fleet. Based on some commentaries about the movie, they crash Axis just like in the series, and then leave. There's no way they could take Axis after crashing it.

Besides, Axis' movie fleet is supposed to be smaller than their tv series fleet, they couldn't just attack and get Axis back without many losses.
NeonZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-24, 14:42   Link #3
OmegaZEROCustom
The Alpha and the Omega

OK, so then that would mean that we go with the assumption that the EF took control of Axis post-Zeta and held on to it until 0093, which I guess isn't all that farfetched seeing as how they would have instead taken control of it in 0088-89 had the AEUG-Neo-Zeon battle been fought, so an extra year of holding on to it works OK.

Thanks for the explanation.
OmegaZEROCustom is offline   Reply With Quote