AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-12-31, 07:51   Link #1361
heavenwargod
あやちのナンバーワンファンです!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
Why do the Gears, Einhart, Shamal and Zafira fight her, since they don't even have supermodes? Zafira doesn't have even ONE Device.

In the end, the only characters I see NOT fighting UD are Yuuno and Arf. Which seems pretty damn conspicuous if even Shamal and Zafira are getting in on the action.

(Stern and Levi are participating through Dearche, and both got their shot BEFORE that fight, too, which is why they end up Unisoning with Dearche in the first place.)

And, in fact, does Yuuno show up at ALL after the plot actually gets moving?
I thought I was the only one who noticed Yuuno went missing completely. I would guess he and Arf were providing support magic or some binding nonsense like in A's but it still sounds lame. The Liese twins weren't in the dual-team thing either.

I think they mentioned that the cartridge system weakens UD's defense or something, but I have to go back and read the last few sequences again. And someone said "the more the merrier" so I supposed that's why almost everyone had a part in it. Or maybe, simply an excuse for the players to play through Final Sequence more times than what you normally had to, in order to complete everything.

Vita boasting about her being strong in rock-paper-scissors was funny. I guess my favorite character to use is still Vita, for she's a monster in melee.
Old 2011-12-31, 07:59   Link #1362
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroIchiNi View Post
Wow. I can't believe they didn't catch/fix that bug in the final sequence.
Spoiler for easier win boss:
That was my easy method of victory with some characters that lack any good ranged attacks.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-31, 12:11   Link #1363
Hayate22
TSAB Enforcer

Send a message via AIM to Hayate22 Send a message via MSN to Hayate22
During the last fight with U-D, only one character I managed to defeat both her phases and still win with time to spare.

And it was Amitie surprisingly when I did the Kyrie and Amitie pairing for that last sequence.
Hayate22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-31, 13:42   Link #1364
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayate22 View Post
During the last fight with U-D, only one character I managed to defeat both her phases and still win with time to spare.

And it was Amitie surprisingly when I did the Kyrie and Amitie pairing for that last sequence.
Anyone with a decent beam attack can take down her first shield and her 2 life bars with time to spare. It's especially easy for Nanoha (full charged divine buster when UD starts to fire and block/dodge the rest) and Stern (you can't fully charge her attack, because it will lose range though). Also unison Hayate can easily do it as well with her reduced recharge time when her meter is used up.

edit: i meant stern not in the final chapter but the one before.

edit: i didn't even have to use an EDB with Nanoha and unison Hayate.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-31, 13:55   Link #1365
Hayate22
TSAB Enforcer

Most of the time I was cautious cause when UD goes into second phase, she has a Full Drive active, and you have to knock down two magic gauges worth of anti-damage shielding before it guard breaks a second time. But second phase is surprisingly weak after that.
Old 2011-12-31, 14:05   Link #1366
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Most of the time I was cautious cause when UD goes into second phase, she has a Full Drive active, and you have to knock down two magic gauges worth of anti-damage shielding before it guard breaks a second time. But second phase is surprisingly weak after that.
Kind of mirrors the defense program at the end of A's. Once the Wolkenritter and Nanoha's attacks destroyed all of the protective barrier of that cosmic Horror the next attacks dealed by the Three Aces were able to deal very solid damage xD!

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-31, 14:12   Link #1367
Sunder the Gold

Hayate22, did you miss the two posts addressed to you on the last page? Someone asked about combos, and I figured out the other trigger condition for the manual counterattack.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-31, 14:59   Link #1368
Hayate22
TSAB Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpObscura View Post
Do all characters now have a full four-input melee combo, or do some characters only have two-input combos like, say, Rein and Hayate did in BOA?
Not all characters have a four input continuous melee combo that does not require jungling.

Some characters like Nanoha, Kyrie, Amitie, and Fate have four button combos like: [ ] [ ] /\ /\ or [ ] [ ] /\ O

Other characters like Reinforce and Yuuno have only about two, but have the ability to do a bit of jungling depending on what is two input combo is used to make a four input combo. Like I mentioned before.

----------------------------------

@ other notes:

I do apologize for not checking, it seems in theory that you can activate a manual counter move using a long range attack depending on what that attack is like with Yuuno's Shield Charge, though its seems to be true so far, just depends which characters can activate it.
Old 2011-12-31, 17:02   Link #1369
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Other characters like Reinforce and Yuuno have only about two, but have the ability to do a bit of jungling depending on what is two input combo is used to make a four input combo. Like I mentioned before.
"Juggling".

Quote:
it seems in theory that you can activate a manual counter move using a long range attack depending on what that attack is like with Yuuno's Shield Charge, though its seems to be true so far, just depends which characters can activate it.
I wonder if Nanoha has a similar move, intended for those times right after she uses her Buster attack, but the target has evaded and gotten into close range.

Perhaps if her player presses Triangle again in such a situation, she will reveal her own "manual counter" move which is designed to be handy in such a situation.
Old 2011-12-31, 17:47   Link #1370
Hayate22
TSAB Enforcer

Quote:
"Juggling".

I wonder if Nanoha has a similar move, intended for those times right after she uses her Buster attack, but the target has evaded and gotten into close range.

Perhaps if her player presses Triangle again in such a situation, she will reveal her own "manual counter" move which is designed to be handy in such a situation.

Excuse my spelling and rush typing. XP

Anyway...it seems some characters need those 'manual counters' for that sort of situation, which proves that game developers are paying attention to players fighting styles or more common methods found in everyone who plays the games.
Old 2011-12-31, 18:29   Link #1371
Sunder the Gold

So, now that Aaron's unfortunately unable to reveal more, whom can I ask about making sense of Yuuno's Japanese?

* He says words of some kind when using his auto-counter and catch, both of which seem to involve circle-based field spells. I'd be thrilled if these were the spells' names.

* He recites an incantation when using Aleister/Arrester Chain.

* Stern apparently said something that actually got him angry before their fight. Like he might actually start a fight with her, rather than simply defending himself as he does in every other one of his battles.

* Also, Linith says something different personally for Nanoha in their fight, to the point of calling her FDB "Last Spark" rather than Plasma Saber. "Last Spark" is also the name of the final javelin that Fate uses at the end of Photon Lancer Phalanx Shift.

Last edited by Sunder the Gold; 2011-12-31 at 18:39.
Old 2011-12-31, 19:19   Link #1372
Hayate22
TSAB Enforcer

Show me the thing and I'll see if I can translate stuff for you.

I think Stern was thinking about fighting someone who taught Nanoha how to use magic, and is under the notion that Yuuno is strong too considering how strong Nanoha is. I think Stern's taunting abilities maybe be pretty scary to incite an attack from Yuuno.

Linith says this during her FDB during her fight with Nanoha:

"Let me test you, Nanoha-san. Plasma Saber...Spark...END!!!" In another words, she's trying to find out how Nanoha is. Also to test a few things like if she's a good friend of Fate and how strong Nanoha is.

Most of Fate's initial spells were from Linith, some were from Precia like Thunder Rage.
Old 2011-12-31, 20:05   Link #1373
Lycodrake

From what I saw, I was under the impression that Stern threatened to kill or maim one of the Aces...but that was just my guess from the scene and how Yuuno reacted. XP
Old 2011-12-31, 20:23   Link #1374
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Show me the thing and I'll see if I can translate stuff for you.
I'm away from home and on the iPhone right now, so providing link (especially time-marked ones) is hard.

However, I can point out TheScarletSword's recordings on YouTube. In his Yuuno versus Stern fight, he twice successfully manages to get Yuuno's automatic counterattack against Stern... within the same five second span, I think. It's also the video where Yuuno gets angry, or course.

In his Shamal versus Yuuno video, the computer successfully uses Yuuno's catch field at least twice, maybe three times.

I forget which video doesn't glitch out on the voice during the FDB, but there aren't more than five videoed with Yuuno fighting.

Quote:
I think Stern's taunting abilities maybe be pretty scary to incite an attack from Yuuno.
That, or she lucked out in finding one of his berserk buttons. Like Lycodrake, I assume that Stern threatened to hurt Nanoha.
Old 2011-12-31, 20:35   Link #1375
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:

* Stern apparently said something that actually got him angry before their fight. Like he might actually start a fight with her, rather than simply defending himself as he does in every other one of his battles.
Stern says that she has until now, merely borrowed what she has from Nanoha.
But she awakens once more with new Destructor powers and is finally her own self.
To test this, she will need to kill Yuuno and climb over(lit: walk over) his corpse to test this.

Yuuno "You think I'll let you kill me and walk over my corpse just like that?"

When Levi or Dearche says she's going to kill you, it tends to go over your head.
When Stern does it it's creepy.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-31, 20:51   Link #1376
Sunder the Gold

Yuuno doesn't sound creeped out, he sounds pissed off.

Unless the excitement in his voice is actually rising mortal terror.

But it sounds more like righteous indignation. Perhaps having his life so laconically threatened by someone wearing Nanoha's face just infuriated him.
Old 2011-12-31, 20:55   Link #1377
Lycodrake

Quote:
But it sounds more like righteous indignation. Perhaps having his life so laconically threatened by someone wearing Nanoha's face just infuriated him.
...reading this, I was reminded of Hannibal Lector.
"You mad, Yuuno-kun?"
Old 2011-12-31, 20:56   Link #1378
Key Board
Carbon

Aleister Chain incarnation is hard to listen to because of the background music, but it goes something like this..

[japanese verb] Chains of [adverb] !
Capture and restrict them, Threads of Blockade !
Arrester Chain
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-31, 22:38   Link #1379
Hayate22
TSAB Enforcer

I turned off the music but all FDBs have their own sound balances so you can't really hear it cause the SOUND part is too high and the Voice is just barely higher. I get some of it but it's not enough I would need a sound thing to figure out what the remaining words are.

Oh yeah, each character has a thing during the selection bit for single mode. Mostly for Versus and Training.

Each character as a phrase for when the cursor hovers over them to about to be selected, when they are selected, and when the selection is canceled.

Vivio Takamachi:
"Hai, Takamachi Vivio desu." - "Yes, I'm Vivio Takamachi."
"Lyrial Magical, ganbare masu!" - "Lyrical Magical, I'll do my best!"
"Ganbarenai~~" - "I couldn't do my best~~"

Amitie Florian:
"Ah! Watashi desu ka?" - "Ah! Is it me?"
"Hai! Ganbare mashou!" - "Yes! Let's do our best!"
"Eee~~~h~~~?"

Hayate Yagami:
"Ah! Watashi ka?" - "Ah! Me?"
"Un! Issho ni ko!" - "Yeah! Let's do this together!"
"Aa~~h! Nande?" - "Aa~~h! Why?"

Nanoha Takamachi:
"E he he~~" Her usual laugh
"Un! Issho ni ko!" - "Yeah! Let's do this together!"
"Eh~~? Nande, nande~~?!" - "Eh~~? Why, Why~~?!"

Fate Testarossa:
"Hai." - "Yes."
"Ganbaremasu." - "I'll do my best."
"Ah...sono...san nen desu(excuse my romaji spelling mostly for any of these)..." - "Ah...um...that's a shame..."

Signum:
"Watashi ii no ka?" - "Am I good enough?"
"Yosh. Yuuki to shiyo." - "Alright. Let's go together with courage."
"Hmmm...Ma...yokaro." - "Hmmm...well...that is fine."

Kyrie Florian:
"Yappari, Kyrie de kimari deshou." - "It's obvious, to choose Kyrie afterall."
"Uun. Kirei hana wa sake mashou?" - "Yes~. Let's make some beautiful flowers."
"Waki mono. Mou shiranai." - "Indecisive person.(?) I don't know you anymore."

Einhart Stratos:
"Haou-ryuu Einhart Stratos desu." - "I am Einhart Stratos of the Haou-ryuu."
"Hai! Maere mashou!" - "Yes! Let us go."
"Ah..."

Yuuno Scrya:
"Eh? Boku?" - "Eh? Me?"
"Un. Ganbarou." - "Yes. Let's do our best."
"Dare ni tsuruno?" - "Who are you going to choose?"(?)

Reinforce:
"Konna watashi yorishiki reiba." - "If you are believe that I am good enough."
"Ooto itashimasu. Doko made demo." - "(not sure how to translate first part). No matter where."
"Ah..."

Shamal:
"Ah...watashi de ii desuka?" - "Ah...Am I good enough?"
"Hai, yorokonde." - "Yes, with pleasure."
"Eeu~~h?! Sonna!" - "Eeu~~h?! No way!"

Chrono:
"Hmm? Boku ka?" - "Hmm? Me?"
"Yosh. Ikuzo." - "Alright. Let's go."
"Souka..." - "I see..."

Vita:
"Oh...atashi ka? - "Oh...is it me?"
"Ii zou. Ja, ikou ka!" - "Sure. Now, let's go!"
"Che~"

Zafira:
"Hmmm..."
"Aa, ikou to shiyo." - "Yes, let's go together."
"Hmmm?!"

Arf:
"Hmmm? Atashii~? - "Hmmm? Me~?"
"Yosh, issho ni ko~!" - "Alright, let's go~!"
"Eeee~~~h?"

Touma and Lily:
Touma: "Touma Avenir to..." Lily: "Lily-Strosek" - "Touma Avenir and..." "Lily-Strosek."
Touma and Lily: "Youkai!" - "Roger that!" or "Roger!" or "Understood!"
Touma: "Eh? Sonna!" - "Eh? No way!"

Lieze Twins: I think it's only Lotte who is speaking
"Uun?" - "Yes?"
"Yoshii. Ja, ikuzo!" - "Alright. Now, let's go!"
"Hiiyakashi ka yo?! - don't know this one or even if I spelled this correctly.

Linith:
"Hai, watashi desu ka?" - "Yes, will I do?"
"Ii desu ne. Dewa maere mashou." - "That's good then. Now, let's us go."
"Arara." - "My, my." or "Oh, my."

Precia:
"Dosuru no?" - "What will you do?"
"Ee. Ikimashou." - "Yes. Let's us go."
"Soyo ne. Watashi wa...itsu datte..." - "That's right...always...I..."

Stern:
"Watashi desu ka? Matta monozukina." - "Is it I? (second part I can't translate yet)"
"Hai, goishii to ii mashou." - I'm not even sure I even got the romanji right in the first place cause of some slightly slurring from Stern. Though I'm going on a guess just from the audio is that she said something like "Yes, let us go together."
"Hai, dozo hokonaka ee." - "Yes, please choose another person."

Levi:
"Uu? Boku to ikou kai? - "Uu? You're going with me?"
"Uun! Sore ja genki ni itemiyo!" - "Yeah! Now then, let's go happily!"
"Uso! Matte, matte!" - "No way! Wait, wait!"

Dearche:
"Oh...ware to kuru ka?" - "Oh...did you come for us?"
"Yokaro. Saa tomo se!" - "We understand. Now move out!"
"Yoii doko da na, kiisama!" - "You have guts, you bastard."

Yuri:
"Shuten no Meiju, Yuri. Maerimasu!" - Not even sure how to translate her title yet, but basically "(her title), Yuri. Moving out!"
"Hai, Dearche-tachi mo issho desu." - "Yes, Even Dearache and the others are with us too."
"Yappari. Watashi wa dame desu ka?" - "I thought so. Am I not good enough?"

Just thought this would be nice info.
Old 2011-12-31, 22:41   Link #1380
rxrx

Nope. Yunno is not angry but scared actually. Stern says she will test her new abilities but suprassing her 'mentor'. Note the mentor here as she knows she is a copy of Nanoha and since Yunno is Nanoha's mentor, he is hers as well. Heck, even after the battlw where you win, she will say goodbye to Nanoha whom just arrive and adress Yunno as master. It is the logic of Saint Seiya if you watch it, where the master of my master is also my master stuff.
rxrx is offline   Reply With Quote