AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2014-04-12, 06:07   Link #21
all_flying

Just got around finishing several recommendations. And Sword of The Stranger is definitely what I'm looking for. It was dynamic action wrapped in a very beautiful animations which made my heart can't stop getting excited. Other than that, I was also took a second look at Fate/Zero. And no, it wasn't what I'm looking for. There is also Planetes, which is not an action show but they did show-off with animation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I'll add

Dennou Coil
Ghost Hound
Noein

And perhaps a surprising suggestion: AKB0048
The choreography during the battle scene in the first episode is excellent. The transition to the "girl-power" song "Shoujotachi, wo" when the "guardian angels" are launched is a prime example.
Dennou Coil Already on my list since ages ago, but I'm still having some technical difficulties (dat bloated file size is killing me!)

AKB0048 used to be on my wanted list, but I deleted it. I watched couple youtube videos and got turned off by it's ugly CG. Comparatively, Love Live! has better CG (or CG overlay?) and IM@S barely uses CG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goty View Post
You can get the subs separated, though.

And it's true, the blu-ray version barely uses stills. Some scenes are completely different. For instance, there are moments of weird stills coupled with sound effects that were turned into nicely animated new sequences.
I was shocked after i compared a couple episodes with the tv edit (which i skipped). I found myself wondering how THAT one was such a hit.
I've seen the breakdown, maybe I'll give the second shot with BD (I haven't watch past ep 13 anyway).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtabby View Post
Canaan is from PA Works as well, and it has very fluid fight scene animation.
Umm, no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by furaiz View Post
I dunno if this fully fits your kind of idea, but it still is a very enjoyable anime to watch. Animation is quite beautiful in my opinion.

Oh well, don't flame me instantly. Because I know that there are people who do that ^^

Noragami

I still think it's a must watch for most people, just because it's actually memorable, compared to a lot of others.

It's a short 12 episode Anime, which somehow manages to pack in a lot of development. I like the art style, etc, but it might not be to everyone's taste. But do give it a try.

I have to say, it became a favourite of mine almost immediately. Very few animes match it, unless they're far more established and longer running imo.
Anime are anime not animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak3mi View Post
Hopefully Someone has mentioned Samurai Champloo hands down the animation is one of the best, plus the characters are loveable.
How about you watch Sword of The Stranger first?
all_flying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 06:19   Link #22
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by all_flying View Post
Dennou Coil Already on my list since ages ago, but I'm still having some technical difficulties (dat bloated file size is killing me!)
I'm not sure what you mean by "bloated." The Ureshii encodes average a bit under 350MB per episode. That's pretty standard for 720p H.264/AAC releases.

If you don't want to download the entire torrent, you should be able to tell your torrent client to download only a few episodes at a time. I've used three or four different BT clients over the years, and they all let you select individual files from a batch torrent.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 06:25   Link #23
Im Otaku
Siscon 愛

Strike the blood.
Im Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 06:53   Link #24
all_flying

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I'm not sure what you mean by "bloated." The Ureshii encodes average a bit under 350MB per episode. That's pretty standard for 720p H.264/AAC releases.

If you don't want to download the entire torrent, you should be able to tell your torrent client to download only a few episodes at a time. I've used three or four different BT clients over the years, and they all let you select individual files from a batch torrent.
I was talking about the BD release ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im Otaku View Post
Strike the blood.
Yeah, very funny
all_flying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 08:40   Link #25
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

Zetsuen no tempest(same studio as SOTS-it isn't a pure action anime but the animation in here is nice. No still images found here that are noticable
Old 2014-04-14, 23:16   Link #26
Azulet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak3mi View Post
Hopefully Someone has mentioned Samurai Champloo hands down the animation is one of the best, plus the characters are loveable.
I was going to suggest it but glad I read the thread and didn't repeat!

My suggestions (both on crunchyroll)
RWBY (season 1 complete) - even the trailers have the best animation ever
blade and soul (just started this season) - a bit of fan service but the action sequences are amazing.
Azulet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, animation, sakuga