AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-12-11, 17:06   Link #61
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Yes, that's possible, though with no specific evidence of it it's pure conjecture.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-03, 23:02   Link #62
MCAL

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/dai...pril-3/.195466

Restarting in April...
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-05, 18:35   Link #63
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
Oh look Enzo, your favorite season.
Old 2023-03-05, 18:40   Link #64
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
Oh look Enzo, your favorite season.
Oh believe me, I knew. That was actually announced many weeks ago.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-05, 18:46   Link #65
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Oh believe me, I knew. That was actually announced many weeks ago.
Whoops, completely missed it. But, at least this one is already half way done.
Old 2023-05-15, 15:13   Link #66
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Episode 43! Yay!

Worth the wait if only for the scene between Asirpa and Tsurumi.

Sugimoto's "immortality" is getting harder and harder to believe. As far as I could tell, he had had no medical attention whatsoever before boarding the ferry.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-15, 18:50   Link #67
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Really happy this is back, and with an awesome episode to boot.

I'm not sure what's going on with Tsurumi. He seems to have dropped all pretense of caring for his subordinates, and he was leaking brain juice like crazy. Is it because he was overexcited since he's so close to his goal or is he dying?

I didn't think Asirpa was going to basically politely tell him to fuck himself. That sure was a great scene. She's ready to take charge of her life now, and Sugimoto is fully supporting her. That said, her assessment that she can't tell Sugimoto how to find the gold is correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Sugimoto's "immortality" is getting harder and harder to believe. As far as I could tell, he had had no medical attention whatsoever before boarding the ferry.
He survived a bullet to the head. This is just another Monday for him.
Old 2023-05-15, 20:34   Link #68
Wandering Soul

Feels good to have this series back.

I wonder what's going with Tsurumi. It's like hus mask has come off completely and he's starting to show his true side to everyone. I guess it's because he feels he is so close to his goal.
Old 2023-05-15, 20:44   Link #69
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
He survived a bullet to the head. This is just another Monday for him.
I thought he was hit some 3-4 times.

I thought Tsurumi was leaking brain juice because Asirpa-san had the temerity to stand up to him and deny him what he wants. I thought it was produced mostly by anger. That's what happened to Sugimoto in the stenka match, right? He started leaking brain fluid, lost control, and started beating everyone up.
Old 2023-05-16, 06:37   Link #70
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I thought he was hit some 3-4 times.

I thought Tsurumi was leaking brain juice because Asirpa-san had the temerity to stand up to him and deny him what he wants. I thought it was produced mostly by anger. That's what happened to Sugimoto in the stenka match, right? He started leaking brain fluid, lost control, and started beating everyone up.
He was hit multiple times indeed, but this is immortal Sugimoto. I don't think there's a need to worry about that.

As for Tsurumi, could be. I think he started leaking before she said no though.
Old 2023-05-16, 13:44   Link #71
grecefar

good chapter to come back.

the first bullet did hit him and but the others I saw that they just graze him, it hurts but not life threatening. It gave us a badass scene so everything cool.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-16, 20:48   Link #72
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well its finely back and coming out with a bang with Sugimoto brushing off getting shot a few times and Tsurumi with all that fluid coming out from his head like a spout
Old 2023-05-20, 11:33   Link #73
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
The scene with Asirpa and Sugimoto has some tracks. Can't find it in the OST.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-22, 13:38   Link #74
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

None of them appear to know that Heita is tattooed. I assume he will die so they can harvest his skin. I don't think any of Asirpa's quartet would murder him, even Sugimoto.

Aspira's dedication to her people and the Ainu culture shone through again at the end of this episode. That's clearly much more important to her than gold or anything else. Though Sugimoto is stuck having to deliver some lame observations about how terrible greed is, the accompanying triptych of Hijikata, Ogata, and Tsurumi was memorable. Shirashi is obviously still mostly motivated by greed, but Sugimoto's feelings are likely more mixed. Asirpa holds the top rung in his mind above everything else including gold.

There was a stretch where the characters were very off-model. Luckily it ended before the most important scenes took place. Brain's Base had to cope with the sudden death of a, still unidentified, key staff member while this season was in production. Maybe they had to fill some slots and shuffle responsibilities as best they could. The rest of the episode lived up to the overall quality of their work on this series. I may be biased because I've liked Brain's Base for a long time, but I think they've carried forward the high production standards that characterized Geno's work on the first two seasons. Facial expressions are a significant aspect of the art of Golden Kamuy and a feature of both anime adaptations.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2023-05-22 at 17:11.
Old 2023-05-22, 17:37   Link #75
grecefar

that man heita was pretty crazy and kind of sad seeing a person so messed up. Shiraishi saw the tattoos in the drawing so they should get it.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-22, 18:26   Link #76
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I didn't except them to return to the escapee of the week format, but this was a great story. Heita was driven mad by his lust for gold and his mistaken interpretation of the Wenkamuy drove him completely insane after his family was killed because of him. He's not responsible for the crimes he committed after his family died but he was definitely responsible for their murders, so I'm not sure how to feel about him. I do think he became pitiful in the end and death was the only salvation possible for him.
Old 2023-05-22, 20:21   Link #77
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Rough spot there for Heita. However it happened, he only got enough of the story to create a horrifying monster in his mind. Of course the start of it was being so angry with his family that he lured in a bear to kill them. And that poor bear paid the price for it. I think on some level he understood how awful that was and it led to him driving himself crazy.

In the end death really was the only release possible for him
Old 2023-05-23, 16:53   Link #78
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Ishida has played female roles before, so it makes sense to cast him.
That said, the fact Heita had his voice in the first place gave the mastermind away

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-23, 20:56   Link #79
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well going everyone going out to pan for gold but going for platinum instead when they run into a real split personalities psychopath

Got the hand it to Vasily capturing him in that drawing of his
Old 2023-05-24, 11:57   Link #80
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I didn't except them to return to the escapee of the week format, but this was a great story. Heita was driven mad by his lust for gold and his mistaken interpretation of the Wenkamuy drove him completely insane after his family was killed because of him. He's not responsible for the crimes he committed after his family died but he was definitely responsible for their murders, so I'm not sure how to feel about him. I do think he became pitiful in the end and death was the only salvation possible for him.
For what it's worth, I don't think it's lust for gold that messed him up. He just felt thoroughly unappreciated and exploited, stuck with his family without any hope of bettering his situation (because his family took and spent whatever gold he found).
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote