AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-01-29, 23:48   Link #21
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

It's mindboggling just how easily he melts females he comes across without trying or even realizing it. Then you see his mindbogglingly hot mom and you discover why. :lol:
Old 2010-03-27, 22:22   Link #22
Midonin
Last Engage

The official website has been upgraded to its final form. With a promo, to boot.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-27, 23:48   Link #23
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
The official website has been upgraded to its final form. With a promo, to boot.
I have to say, the anime really does manage to keep a lot of the cuteness of ko~cha's character designs. I really like the overall look -- it seems to do justice to the game. Although I'm still worried about what they'll do to the storyline -- such that it is -- in 12 episodes, I'm still looking forward to this. Given that the two writers they have working on this worked on Seto no Hanayome & Da Capo respectively, I hope they're able to keep the game's blend of comedy and romance.

It's odd because eroge adaptations have become increasingly rare over the last few years, and the ones we get tend to just be (poorly-made) shells of the original works. But hey, keepin' the faith for now! Looking forward to Windmill's new game next month as well.
Old 2010-03-28, 09:25   Link #24
Master Anime
Miracle Man
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Master Anime
PV2 YT Links
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C70zkv9t0X8&feature=sub

I am glad the design doesn't change so much from game, i hope this turned out to be nice
Old 2010-05-01, 14:26   Link #25
Midonin
Last Engage

Triple update:

Lester to be voiced by Nobuhiko Okamoto, your go to choice for pseudo-fantastical protagonists.
The anime's OP and ED (both untitled as of this post) will be sung by Aki Misato and Miyuki Hashimoto, respectively.
Old 2010-05-01, 15:33   Link #26
PNGO
#1 in ♦YouR♦ ♥HuRt♥ ♂

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, yes, the twins are a must. If there's one thing I think they absolutely have to preserve in the anime, it's sense of humour inherent in the character interactions, and the Tortilla sisters (how can you go wrong with a name like "Salsa Tortilla"? ) are an essential part of that. I could probably forgive them if they totally abandoned the plot, so long as they preserve the dynamics between the cast. That's what I want to see from this anime. And any quest was automatically enhanced by an appearance by the twins. And also by Garnet. Lots of those, and this anime will be full of win in my mind.
How the F did they come up with that name? lmao
PNGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-01, 22:40   Link #27
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNGO View Post
How the F did they come up with that name? lmao
Probably exactly the way you think they came up with that name. Clearly someone likes Mexican food. For a game that's so full of humour and deliberate campiness, it works well.
Old 2010-05-01, 22:47   Link #28
PNGO
#1 in ♦YouR♦ ♥HuRt♥ ♂

Quote:
Probably exactly the way you think they came up with that name. Clearly someone likes Mexican food. For a game that's so full of humour and deliberate campiness, it works well.
Well I certainly won't complain about it, sounds tasty
PNGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-02, 06:05   Link #29
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

In some works of eroge, we see the female characters that bear the names of fruits, vegetables or dishes.
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-17, 12:40   Link #30
relentlessflame

*Administrator

So we're a few weeks from the airdate now, and Media Factory/MMV has announced that the series will contain 12 episodes (spread over 6 BDs/DVDs). As I've said before, I actually have some faith that they can pull something decent off in a one-cour show, since this is mostly a comedy and doesn't take itself all that seriously with its plot. We'll see...
Old 2010-06-29, 16:20   Link #31
Kunagisa

Once again, I'm ninja reading at work. And I came across this one (Festa della Carina) ... and ... I totally forgot that this is an eroge game adaptation, and ... I freaked out when I saw a naked loli in the illustration. Needless to say I instantly closed it.

I might end up just watching one or two episode to see how far they take this in the anime, from what little I read this seems at least somewhat has a plot with a real harem (bunch of girls willingly share one guy). The comment about him melting females is not exaggerated at all.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-02, 00:32   Link #32
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
I might end up just watching one or two episode to see how far they take this in the anime, from what little I read this seems at least somewhat has a plot with a real harem (bunch of girls willingly share one guy). The comment about him melting females is not exaggerated at all.
Well... as I mentioned previously, this is mostly a comedy/parody, with some plot mostly to develop and flesh out the characters. The game could certainly be called a "moege" in that sense. And yeah, well... Leicester certainly has that magical eroge protagonist ability to attract the ladies, but I wouldn't say they all "willingly share" in the true sense. I guess we could say that they'd all very much like to be chosen?

Anyway, we'll see how the anime does...
Old 2010-07-02, 01:00   Link #33
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Well... as I mentioned previously, this is mostly a comedy/parody, with some plot mostly to develop and flesh out the characters. The game could certainly be called a "moege" in that sense. And yeah, well... Leicester certainly has that magical eroge protagonist ability to attract the ladies, but I wouldn't say they all "willingly share" in the true sense. I guess we could say that they'd all very much like to be chosen?

Anyway, we'll see how the anime does...
The comedy/parody genre along with chibi elements reminds me of Koihime Muso series.
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-02, 13:04   Link #34
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for The World Shaped Not Exactly Like a Disk But Not Quite Round 01 - The Colour of Magic:
Old 2010-07-02, 14:17   Link #35
Horse

Nice production values for a show of this genre, but earcancer on seiyuus. No thanks.
Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-02, 14:41   Link #36
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep1:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-02, 18:41   Link #37
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Spoiler for Episode 1:
Old 2010-07-02, 23:39   Link #38
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Characters look good, but I'm betting the story isn't.

I'll watch it for the artwork.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-03, 00:38   Link #39
Godslayer
人間・失格

it's kinda let down that there's no major seiyuu other than mai kadowaki and goto yuuko in the lineup.
lol'd at the most of casts' name to be similar with cuisine. I'll follow this show just because the artwork is cute and hnnngh worthy.

Last edited by Godslayer; 2010-07-03 at 01:14.
Godslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-03, 01:52   Link #40
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Characters look good, but I'm betting the story isn't.
It's a RPG/fantasy-themed comedy full of parodies and clichés, so I wouldn't recommend anyone watch for "the story" exactly. The main selling points would probably be the characters, the character designs, and the sense of humour (which is, as always, a matter of taste).

Tags
adventure, eroge, fantasy, romance, seinen