Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2006-09-28, 00:43   Link #101
Kazu-kun

Spoiler for chapter141:
Old 2006-09-30, 23:55   Link #102
rubberman

i just finished watching the latest episode (25) and i was wondering which chapter it correlates with?
rubberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-02, 07:28   Link #103
n1dh0g

@rubberman
If I'm not wrong the end of episode 25 is the end of chapter 103. So I think the story after anime starts from chapter 104. Somebody please correct me if Im wrong.
n1dh0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-05, 05:06   Link #104
Eurys
Crush me. ~Ringo

MWAHAHAHAH, chapter 142 is soooo romantic
Go Ringo! It's nice to see the girl make the first step once in a while.

Anyway, nice chapter with Ikki choosing another path. And the art is really exquisite too .
Old 2006-10-05, 15:24   Link #105
[DOT].L
Delightfully lost...
*Artist

I lol'ed at Ringo's realization on the last page..
[DOT].L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-05, 15:37   Link #106
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
The funny thing for me was that she did it in order to show that things like that aren't dodgeable and you can't blame her for Canon's antics. 8)
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-05, 17:49   Link #107
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Fianlly she did it, and finally Ikki got kissed by a girl, still looked gay though

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-05, 21:09   Link #108
Eurys
Crush me. ~Ringo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet
The funny thing for me was that she did it in order to show that things like that aren't dodgeable and you can't blame her for Canon's antics. 8)
The girl is smart
(thankfully for her, she wasn't slapped... but she did slap. OK, it's true, girls are complex )
Old 2006-10-06, 00:29   Link #109
Freeter
beyond

Still somewhat miffed that Ikki didn't at least hit Ringo once throughout the entire thing. She should get at least some kind of punishment for instigating the attack on Simca.

I wonder if Simca will become Ikki's enemy now, since he won't lead Genesis or shoot for the Tower.
Old 2006-10-11, 15:46   Link #110
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

LOL

143 was hilarious. Aion is such a dork. And it was great seening the old Ikki having a good time with his mates once again.

The way it ended was just... confusing. What will Ikki do with all of these women pining over him? 8)
Old 2006-10-11, 16:29   Link #111
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Still somewhat miffed that Ikki didn't at least hit Ringo once throughout the entire thing. She should get at least some kind of punishment for instigating the attack on Simca.
The aftereffects of walking down the 'Sonia Road' are punishment enough, I guess. She did have a lot of trouble getting up and walking up to the door - showing that she'll probably share the same fate as Rika should she continue to tread that 'road'. Since she seems to have improved Rika's techniques, the pain seems to have gone up from her hips and legs to her spine, which makes it something all the more painful. But as for Ikki not hitting her, I guess we can blame it on two things:
1°) he let himself get overwhelmed by his resentment so I guess he wasn't fighting the way it was meant to be.
2°) he wasn't using the true Regalia - and Kururu seems to have noticed that fact or at least she suspects something strange at play.
Quote:
I wonder if Simca will become Ikki's enemy now, since he won't lead Genesis or shoot for the Tower.
I doubt that - Ikki's special to Simca and vice versa. After all, she's still the one who introduced him to AT and I surmise he does hold greater importance to her since, back in her days in Tool Toul To, she was the one who witnessed Kilic's betrayal and Sora's demise - probably compelling her to try and take Ikki under her wing...perhaps as an attempt to prevent history from repeating itself. I think Ikki's just on a hiatus since his ATs were busted and he needs more training - and in those conditions he can't possibly truly ascend to the title of Sky King (in his own eyes, I mean) and take Genesis' reins.
Quote:
LOL

143 was hilarious. Aion is such a dork. And it was great seening the old Ikki having a good time with his mates once again.

The way it ended was just... confusing. What will Ikki do with all of these women pining over him? 8)
I'd have preferred plot development but yeah, it was nice reading it. Somewhat reminded me of earlier volumes when Ikki wasn't...fully...embroiled in all this Trophaeum muck - carefree days, having fun with gullible Ton-chan, messing around, school, etc, etc.

However, I didn't fully get the end since I don't speak and can't read Japanese - what was it with Kururu's pic and who was the one calling on Ikki's phone?
Old 2006-10-11, 17:15   Link #112
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
However, I didn't fully get the end since I don't speak and can't read Japanese - what was it with Kururu's pic and who was the one calling on Ikki's phone?
Ikki got a new cell phone. Everyone tells him to call the one he loves. But Ikki can't figure out whom he loves. Everyone thinks that he doesn't love Simca, but only idolizes her. Onigiri tells Ikki to close his eyes and imagine the person whom he loves. And there's your Kururu.

In the end, Ikki gets a call from Kururu. 8)
Old 2006-10-11, 19:18   Link #113
chasqui85

how many more volumes/chapters do you guys think this anime will go to.... Do you guys think it will finish with him getting to the Trophaeum, or him not getting there at all.
chasqui85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-11, 19:32   Link #114
Prolific

Is the manga still being translated? There han't been a new release in 2 months?
Prolific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-11, 23:22   Link #115
[DOT].L
Delightfully lost...
*Artist

It's good fun to be able to witness Ton-chan's somewhat incompreshesable antics once in a while. The Akito fanservice is very much appreciated, as well.
[DOT].L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-13, 02:24   Link #116
Hage-bai
Banned

Kururu and Ikki were made for each other. Telepathic connection i tell you. Kururu ftw.
Hage-bai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-15, 08:59   Link #117
NeoneX
WarG

heya everyone hehe.. new here...

i'm only up to 141... running around looking for 142+

anyway... but i kinda agree that kururu goes with ikki.. >=)

and they're bound to get closer anyway... since the relation are tuners + masters.. yeah?? they should know all 'bout the master's.. physibility (is that how u spell it?)

but yeah.. physical stuff!
NeoneX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-18, 01:12   Link #118
tritoch

yeah.. Kururu ftw! =p.. just got 142
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-18, 16:06   Link #119
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Just read 144...looks like we'll get a close-up view of Tool Toul To's activities...
I'm currently waiting for the usual MangaHelper translation to get to know what truly goes on. ;-D

And yeah, Kururu ftw (although for a possible love interest, she was introduced a bit late but w/e)
Old 2006-10-18, 16:28   Link #120
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Any chapter opening with a shot of Benkei's lovely behind has got to be good in my book. And those TTT outfits are so cute, with their hats and wrenches and everything. 8)

Tags
action, shounen, tournament