AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-04-08, 17:45   Link #81
7Th
Mixtape

Here's the opening: http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance...kurano-opening.

Downloading the episode right now.
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 18:07   Link #82
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Ooooo, the OP song is very enchanting!
darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 18:43   Link #83
7Th
Mixtape

I loved the first episode... a lot. This time not a lot may have happened but the quiet and low-key yet ominous atmosphere was simply amazing and really well done, while everything was so relaxing and ethereal yet you could feel underneath a terrible future for the game the kids are now players in. The animation wasn't impressive by itself but the scene composition was as we could see from the trailer astounding and even the CGI Zearth was somewhat passable, although a 2D robot would have still been infinitely better but as the mecha battles themselves are Bokurano's least important plot point I can pass it this time, specially with the impressive characterizations at this adaptation. I must say that this introduction is actually better than the manga's first episode and if they keep the direction and pacing at this level... we're before something really great.

Last edited by 7Th; 2007-04-10 at 14:11.
Old 2007-04-08, 18:54   Link #84
prince leon
red knight

Summary+screenshots+op/ed links

Spoiler:
Old 2007-04-09, 12:04   Link #85
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

I'm still slightly concerned at the fact Gonzo is involved in the project and as to whether the story will be mutilated or presented as it should be.
Sety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-09, 21:39   Link #86
Impz
Insanity Anime Blogger

I am surprised that no one has yet made much discussion onto it. In this episode 1

Spoiler for episode 1:

I also wrote up a summary, a face to name image of all the children and some of my other thoughts in my blog if anyone is keen.
Impz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-10, 12:26   Link #87
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Episode 1 raw. The hype was justified. That was excellent anime. The slow but intense evolution of the story. The good establishment of the different characters, with some interesting character and relationship things. Generally good voice acting. The good animation, framing, backgrounds, character design, and background music. Strange and interesting mecha. Ishikawa Chiaki twice, with two good songs. Top notch. Now we'll see if they can keep up this high level. And we'll see whether I can stand it emotionally.

For me, this and Touka Gettan are the two highest-quality new shows I've seen so far. But they are in very different styles and genres.

And thanks, Impz, for the character face/name image.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-10, 12:29   Link #88
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
And we'll see whether I can stand it emotionally.
You'll break down like a lot of people shall, trust me. The anime also has the power of a musical score, which i loved to pieces in the first episode -- so wow, i can imagine what its going to be like later in the series.
Old 2007-04-10, 13:54   Link #89
wao
OK.

*slaps face* I cannot believe I missed this when it came out! Great, I have to watch this in the evening! Oh man, I can't wait. I really can't wait.
Old 2007-04-10, 16:46   Link #90
Scribble
Sloth

Send a message via MSN to Scribble
I, for one, am really pleased that the musical score is decent. It's a factor that could propel this series to *amazing* status considering the deep and dramatic elements of Bokurano. It's good when a series' soundtrack sends shivers down your spine because it reminds you of a certain scene, and since this is Bokurano, I'm expecting to suffer whiplash by the time the series is done.
Scribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-10, 18:44   Link #91
cereal_killerxx

The first episode is out? Where can I download it? This series looks like it will be very promising.
cereal_killerxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-10, 20:14   Link #92
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

It's been out for a while now, but there's no fansub yet, so you'll have to go lurking around the sources.

Does anyone know who is the narrator in the beginning? I can't quite grasp who it actually was.

Regardless, episode 1 was good. It had a very strong and solid balance in regards to showing the neccesary portions of each particular character intertwined in the story of Bokurano. The most impressive thing was probably the voice acting, the atmospheric approach binded together with solid, fitting music. It really helps that both the OP and ED are good as well.

I was particularly impressed by Masaru and Daichi's seiyuu work, respectively by Hoshi Soichirou and Sugita Tomokazu. I've always felt that their "standard" type-casted voices were their weaker ones, and that they're more impressive in different roles that allows them to step up beyond their poster voices, even if their more genericly renowned voice is more in market demand.

My only beef is easily the CG...which frankly, is not THAT bad...it's just that even in that night scene, it was clearly apparent and didn't really fit all that nicely into the transition. I can only assume it's going to be worse in daylight scenes. Doesn't help that it wasn't that particularly impressive of a CG robot. There was a strange sense of blockiness to both of them.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-10, 20:25   Link #93
cereal_killerxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
It's been out for a while now, but there's no fansub yet, so you'll have to go lurking around the sources.

Does anyone know who is the narrator in the beginning? I can't quite grasp who it actually was.

Regardless, episode 1 was good. It had a very strong and solid balance in regards to showing the neccesary portions of each particular character intertwined in the story of Bokurano. The most impressive thing was probably the voice acting, the atmospheric approach binded together with solid, fitting music. It really helps that both the OP and ED are good as well.

I was particularly impressed by Masaru and Daichi's seiyuu work, respectively by Hoshi Soichirou and Sugita Tomokazu. I've always felt that their "standard" type-casted voices were their weaker ones, and that they're more impressive in different roles that allows them to step up beyond their poster voices, even if their more genericly renowned voice is more in market demand.

My only beef is easily the CG...which frankly, is not THAT bad...it's just that even in that night scene, it was clearly apparent and didn't really fit all that nicely into the transition. I can only assume it's going to be worse in daylight scenes. Doesn't help that it wasn't that particularly impressive of a CG robot. There was a strange sense of blockiness to both of them.
Who is going to be subbing this series then?
cereal_killerxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-10, 20:31   Link #94
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by cereal_killerxx View Post
Who is going to be subbing this series then?
Triad, just be patient the subs will come.
Old 2007-04-10, 21:22   Link #95
prince leon
red knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
You'll break down like a lot of people shall, trust me. The anime also has the power of a musical score, which i loved to pieces in the first episode -- so wow, i can imagine what its going to be like later in the series.
I cried quite a lot through almost all of the manga chapters I've seen so far. I just know it's going to happen again. Especially since there is such a strong musical score.

Though I'm curious, did anyone else (who read the manga) feel their heart drop/a similar emotion when they showed Maki in the opening gasping/shocked at all the lights around her? I sure did. Along with a strong chill going down my back.
Old 2007-04-10, 21:40   Link #96
flou
That's no lady

Me too T_T I didn't cry, but I felt very very depressed for the next few hours
flou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-10, 22:48   Link #97
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

So...no one knows who's the seiyuu for the narrator in the beginning of the episode?

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-11, 00:32   Link #98
Diedrupo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
So...no one knows who's the seiyuu for the narrator in the beginning of the episode?
Hm, I thought it was Waku, but doesnt' sound like him. Which sucks because Waku narrated the beginning of the manga...
Diedrupo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-11, 08:36   Link #99
chrno_the_sinner

That was definitely a well done first episode. It also clinched a thought I had about the manga:

Spoiler for the manga:
chrno_the_sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-11, 09:13   Link #100
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrno_the_sinner View Post
That was definitely a well done first episode. It also clinched a thought I had about the manga:

Spoiler for the manga:
Spoiler:
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, mecha