Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Shaka destroyed Yume. wow

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 15:13   Link #782
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Dammit! I missed it because I went to get a drink. Ton of Naoto's this touney because you don't really see her much outside of Narukami, Chie, Mitsuru etc.

On that note: BananaKen just going to work!
Old 2013-07-13, 02:07   Link #783
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Yume won P4U EVO2013. LK dropping a lot. Yume bodied LK lol. too bad, I actually wanted BananaKen vs. Yume for the finals

Yume vs Stunedge was so awesome. LK beating Diechan was pretty surprising too

Old 2013-07-13, 13:21   Link #784
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Personally EVO 2013 P4A tourney was really interesting. It was really entertaining and left me impressed and at the edge of my seat in many instances. So many comebacks, upsets, and great use of characters were know, but it's EVO where the best of the best gather so that's to be expected. I must say the US had a really strong showing against Asia's finest players, and the top 8 characters that were used was a surprise as well. Surprise... not really, to an extent. For top 8 of P4A we had...

2 Mitsurus
2 Teddies
1 Aigis
1 Shadow Labrys
1 Yukiko
1 Akihiko

Quite the interesting top 8 tournament finishing characters because I'm sure that many people were expecting a few Narukami's and Chie's to be up there considering that in Japan that those two are considered to be the best characters following Mitsuru, Aigis, or Teddie.

It looks like the tiers might need to be adjusted slightly because I'm sure that nobody expected 2 low tiers to make it to top 8 or 16 for that matter. I could be biased on that, but the fact that Asia's strongest Yukiko and one of Japan's strongest Akihiko's came down and made an example of the higher tier characters, made me feel like after this the tier list needs to be looked over and discussed thoroughly in terms of separating the weakest from the strongest and the strongest from the weakest ect.

Now that P4A had its first EVO major, I wonder what Arc System and Atlus plan to do with the series now. Let it slowly die or discuss a possible update... I don't know but I hope that after this an update or a patch etc. Will be considered because the game still is viable, but could use a bit of tweaking including the low tier characters. Plus, there isn't much in terms of content that can keep the current players interested for too long, and like I said a few characters or the game's system can be considered to be looked at for possible tweaking, additions, or balance etc.

Overall EVO 2013 P4A I'd give it an 9/10. Truly enjoyed it to its fullest, but my only gripe is that there were no Narukami's in top 8. Top 16 yeah, but I think at this point players have figured out how to deal with the games overall "balanced" character. Wish that SKD or one of the 4 Narukami gods couldn't came down, but oh well, maybe next year...hopefully. I'm afraid that after a month or so this game will be officially dead, and that is worrying because I love this game and still enjoy playing it for its merits.

All we can do now is hope that Arc System and Atlus discuss what to do with this game. In other words all we have to do now is play the game in its entirety and wait for news on this games future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
Yume won P4U EVO2013. LK dropping a lot. Yume bodied LK lol. too bad, I actually wanted BananaKen vs. Yume for the finals

Yume vs Stunedge was so awesome. LK beating Diechan was pretty surprising too
Yeah that was quite the surprise considering that they were a few close calls and good showing of players gaining control of the matches. I personally would've loved to see BananaKen in the grand finals, but he got sort of careless against LK at the end, and should've waited for openings to start his offense efficiently and carefully.

It was really interesting to see a Yukiko in top 8 for that matter because I think she's one of the top 3 worst characters in the game. It's just that StunEdge can make a low tier looks so S tier. His reads and overall pressure is too deadly, hardly any holes to get around them. Sucked that he lost to time outs. That must of been a heart breaker for him.

That was quite surprising that LK would be dominated like that because his history at beating Aigis players is quite excellent. Matt Coma and Kurumster is a good example of this since his reads, baits, and overall knowledge of facing them are extremely excellent. I would say it's nerves, but I think it had to do with the fact that he dropped important combos that caused him to lose his momentum and crack under pressure. Second is not that bad, but could've possibly taken it if he collected himself better, but by the time he probably could've it was too late as Yume had the lead and momentum. Yume totally took it convincingly, so congrats to him.

I wonder if it means Aigis is the best character now... who knows? The tiers definitely needs to be adjusted and looked over after this. I would like to hear the US and Asia's opinion if this gets discussed. For now all we can do is wait until we hear anything else. This could take awhile...
Old 2013-07-13, 13:39   Link #785
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarami View Post
I wonder if it means Aigis is the best character now... who knows? The tiers definitely needs to be adjusted and looked over after this. I would like to hear the US and Asia's opinion if this gets discussed. For now all we can do is wait until we hear anything else. This could take awhile...
All it means is that more people will be playing Aigis now
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 13:46   Link #786
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Quote:
That was quite surprising that LK would be dominated like that because his history at beating Aigis players is quite excellent. Matt Coma and Kurumster is a good example of this since his reads, baits, and overall knowledge of facing them are extremely excellent. I would say it's nerves, but I think it had to do with the fact that he dropped important combos that caused him to lose his momentum and crack under pressure. Second is not that bad, but could've possibly taken it if he collected himself better, but by the time he probably could've it was too late as Yume had the lead and momentum. Yume totally took it convincingly, so congrats to him.
Well, I bet he didn't see (ok, no ONE did) that non-Orgia mixup Aigis coming.
Yume is on a whole new gameplay level.

And ironically, LK lost the round for the same reason he won against BK (bad timing after OMB combo).
He got cursed, I tell ya
Old 2013-07-13, 19:35   Link #787
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
not really
I mean, Shaka literally destroyed Yume in the pools. I was surprised he wasn't part of top8, I wonder why. His Chie was pretty good.

as for the tier list, The tier list in Japan is pretty accurate right now. What needs to change is the western tier list. It's pretty much because of how these 2 play differently.

When you said LK knew how he had to fight against an Aigis player, it's probably because he knew who he was fighting against so he also probably knew the player's gamestyle. Yume on the other hand, had a lot more up his sleeve. LK never anticipated those and lost. I guess Yume didn't show everything he had in the casuals.

I also wished some of the other best players in Japan played. Personally, I wish Okusan or Damosu was there
there was no single one in the EVO pools who could use Elizabeth to her fullest extent. I was a bit shocked and disappointed. I wanted my main and the lowest tiered character to have some recognition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post
Japan is on a whole new gameplay level.
fixed

Old 2013-07-13, 21:15   Link #788
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

No youtube video yet for the matches?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-14, 00:49   Link #789
Siegel Clyne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
No youtube video yet for the matches?
http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...Arena+EVO+2013
Siegel Clyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-15, 20:37   Link #790
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201308/16038325.html

Stealth announcement. P4U is getting a revision with Yukari and Junpei added as playable characters. Only just found out because location tests are today.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-15, 20:41   Link #791
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

This is awesome. It's about time P4A got an update.

Question is, will this be an updated release, a whole new game or DLC/patch update for the console version?

Junpei looks awesome using that baseball bat, but what's up with Yukari's outfit?
Old 2013-08-15, 20:43   Link #792
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Yes! This game isn't going to die after all! After months of hoping and asking for update related news we finally get one. Now with Junpei and Yukari added to the roster, looks like the original SEES members are back together. Wonder if Ken or Margaret will be added, as well.

Sucks that Elizabeth is still in the game because I wish they would remove her completely. But with news of the game being updated and with two new cool familiar characters being added, I can live with that.
Old 2013-08-15, 20:48   Link #793
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

I dunno why they'd remove Elizabeth. They have loketests and balancing updates for a reason.

Seems to be at least 2 other empty areas on the new character select screen so we may get two other new characters as well.~
Old 2013-08-15, 20:48   Link #794
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Wow.... Junpei's very.... anime now. I'm not hating it or anything, I'm actually liking it. Yukari however has grown to what I kinda pictured her as anyway...

The character select screen has 2 more slots on it... so my guess if we DID ever get more DLC... maybe Adachi, Margaret.... or maybe we WILL finally get Dojima....
Old 2013-08-15, 20:56   Link #795
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Can't wait for video gameplay w

Old 2013-08-15, 20:59   Link #796
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
I dunno why they'd remove Elizabeth. They have loketests and balancing updates for a reason.

Seems to be at least 2 other empty areas on the new character select screen so we may get two other new characters as well.~
Just fighting her is just annoying. 5C Persona mash, force field, and command grab spam all day. Doesn't that scream character with lack of consistency? I know that's her playstyle and she takes skill to use admittingly, but to me she's just a pointless and bonkers. Hate fighting her "shudders in disgust".

I would have to say Ken and Koromaru. I think that can be plausible because of the fact that the original playable Persona 4 cast are all accounted for, but the ones from 3 were lacking. Plus, I've been wanting to know what happened to the two of them after the events of The Answer from P3 Fes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
Wow.... Junpei's very.... anime now. I'm not hating it or anything, I'm actually liking it. Yukari however has grown to what I kinda pictured her as anyway...

The character select screen has 2 more slots on it... so my guess if we DID ever get more DLC... maybe Adachi, Margaret.... or maybe we WILL finally get Dojima....
Glad to see Junpei, but the dude has that school or office janitor look to him. I don't think that's the case, but he looks cool none the less...and goofy to boot, I might add.
Old 2013-08-15, 21:01   Link #797
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
Isn't Adachi stuck in prison?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-15, 21:04   Link #798
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Here's an interesting picture of an older Ken... either fake or real, who knows?"Shrugs shoulders"
Spoiler for Playable Ken...:
Old 2013-08-15, 21:08   Link #799
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Now if they could Marie in it too..

Old 2013-08-15, 21:08   Link #800
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
... too yaoi-ish.... quit looking at me like that Ken...

Doesn't help I've never liked Ken to begin with~

Tags
fighting game, ps3