AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Old 2010-05-19, 22:36   Link #321
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Also one of those episodes that people were not sure that Kyoto Animation would make it..since they had "skipped" it already. Some were complaining about it...but now it has been made.

Just one more skipped arc that needs to be made (I think they have two or three they skipped at this point), but fortunately those can literally be set at any point in the story.
Old 2010-05-26, 22:44   Link #322
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Mio was so cute when she was a kid
Old 2010-05-27, 18:20   Link #323
shyezrylei
Intoxicated Guitarist

Send a message via MSN to shyezrylei Send a message via Yahoo to shyezrylei
Don't Mio and Ritsu look like a couple when they were younger? Ristu being more masculine and Mio more Feminine?
Old 2010-05-27, 21:06   Link #324
GreatTeacherKen

I think they look like a couple now; I guess some things don't change.
GreatTeacherKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-29, 11:17   Link #325
Gordy Lechance

Please don't fail at life, Yui. You have so much musical talent; cultivate it.

Don't listen to that bitter old cow Sawako just because her hopes and dreams went down the toilet.
Old 2010-05-29, 21:08   Link #326
TakuanInc.
loves Marisa Kirisame.

Send a message via MSN to TakuanInc. Send a message via Yahoo to TakuanInc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy Lechance View Post

Don't listen to that bitter old cow Sawako just because her hopes and dreams went down the toilet.
Dude, Sawako was just letting Yui realize that she placed her choice in the wrong field in that paper. XD
Old 2010-05-30, 02:05   Link #327
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy Lechance View Post

To be specific -- Yui put "Musician" where she should have put the SCHOOLS she was applying to. And didn't list any schools anywhere. Sawako is simply making them figure it out on their own. Nadoko broke up into laughter because she saw immediately why they were disapproved.
Old 2010-05-30, 02:41   Link #328
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

Aside from the mistake of putting it in the wrong field, the rigors of the conservatory just might frighten her or turn her off from music altogether. Now that would be the waste.
CaptGloval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-30, 03:01   Link #329
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptGloval View Post
Aside from the mistake of putting it in the wrong field, the rigors of the conservatory just might frighten her or turn her off from music altogether. Now that would be the waste.
I think that, as long as the remaining band members and her own sister support her, she'll be alright.
Old 2010-06-02, 13:34   Link #330
wingman32x

Hey guys, quick question. Do Yui and Ui have parents? I've never seen them and Oba-chan certainly seemed like a mother to them in the latest episode...
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-02, 14:17   Link #331
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman32x View Post
Hey guys, quick question. Do Yui and Ui have parents? I've never seen them and Oba-chan certainly seemed like a mother to them in the latest episode...
It was mentioned at some part of the first season that their mom, and father are out traveling the world together a lot it seems, they do have them though, if I am remembering this right, it's been a while since I watched the first season though.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-02, 14:20   Link #332
wingman32x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
It was mentioned at some part of the first their mom, and father are out traveling the world together a lot it seems, they do have them though, if I am remembering this right, it's been a while since I watched the first season though.
Ah, I remember something like that now. Thanks! My memory is a bit rusty since I watched season 1 a while ago and I've watched a lot of other anime since then . Thanks again.
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-02, 16:00   Link #333
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

There are a few pictures that Yui and Ui have that has a third skirt in the image that would sugget their mother, and one assumes their father too the picture.
Old 2010-06-02, 16:15   Link #334
Sparvid
*hic*

I think I posted it somewhere here earlier, but according to the Blu-ray character profile insert, their dad works with something that involves going overseas a lot, and the mom joins him on those trips in part to help him out, and in part because they apparently can't stand being apart from each other.
Old 2010-06-02, 16:26   Link #335
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparvid View Post
I think I posted it somewhere here earlier, but according to the Blu-ray character profile insert, their dad works with something that involves going overseas a lot, and the mom joins him on those trips in part to help him out, and in part because they apparently can't stand being apart from each other.
Guess that explains Ui's behavior towards Yui then (well, it's probably one of the reasons).
Old 2010-06-03, 01:58   Link #336
Sparvid
*hic*

I'm no expert on Japanese school schedules, so I wonder if the exams in latest episode mean that summer break is coming up soon thereafter?

IIRC, the next couple of manga chapters are set specifically during summer, so if they want to drag it out longer, they have to do original stories for a while. I guess it depends on whether the second season will end with graduation or not.
Old 2010-06-03, 10:23   Link #337
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well they did use a piece of an older story in this lastest one...though they switched it from winter to summer exams. Basically it was just the part with Sawako complaining about not having tea and cake, and Yui's high scores.
Old 2010-06-04, 07:42   Link #338
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

I did some thinking on this show and it's characters, and the more I do, the more I think of these girls as a somewhat dysfunctional bunch, who use their club/band as group therapy to analyze and fix each other's problems and become better in the end.

Here's what I found after some brainstorming:
- Mio's is shy and introverted and acts mature to try and hide it. Ritsu taught her to be more outspoken and less unsure about herself, and if Mio's flashback in episode 8 is anything to go by, it seems to be working.
- Ritsu is hyperactive, extroverted and wants to be the center of attention. Mio is teaching her (usually through physical violence) to set her limits and accept that she can't always get what she wants.
- Yui is clumsy, airheaded and is seemingly unintelligent. The cause is her younger sister spoiling her rotten due to Parental Abandonment. Because of her awakened musical talent and through her own determination to make something of her life, Yui slowly learns how to be more mature and be less dependent of her younger sister.
- Mugi is the typical rich girl who was molded by her parents to perform (since she said she won various prizes throughout her childhood). However, she desires to live a normal life, one that is not influenced by her wealth. I think the reason that she provides the club with everything they want is because she wants to be liked by them. By hanging around these 'normal' girls, she will eventually realize that she doesn't have to ignore her rich heritage to be accepted by 'normal' people.
- Azusa, like Mugi, is also a child who grew up too fast. Because her parents were musicians, they probably wanted her to be one too and put a lot of pressure on her (given that she could already play guitar when she was little). As a result, she acts distant and mature, but Yui has seen that she hungers for attention and teaches her that it's okay to have fun once in a while. That is probably also why Yui started giving her those cat-ears and nicked her 'Azu-nyan'.
- Sawako wants to be seen as a mild and gentle women, but has a wild character that she sees as a burden. I think she made a wise choice by choosing for a teaching profession. It's exactly what she needs to balance the two sides, and the Light Music Club is the perfect place where she can learn to do just that.
- Ui is emotionally dependent on Yui. She wants what's best for her sister, but is slowly neglecting her own desires and just goes wherever Yui goes. Azusa is the one who told Ui to be more distant from her sister, and once Yui becomes more mature on her own, Ui will probably understand the true value of Azusa's words and let her sister go her own way while she goes hers.
- Jun seems to be like Ritsu. She too is quite energetic, but she's also distant from her friends (as evidence by episode 5, where she spent a lot of time just reading manga). She also seems to tire very fast, so I think she too doesn't know her own limits and what others want from her. I think Azusa and Ui befriended her to help her learn her limits, even though I can't really say if its effective without seeing Jun 'grow'.
- Nodoka's problem is probably that she's too mature and serious and doesn't really seem to know how to truly have fun. This will probably make it harder for her to find friends, and I think Yui caught onto that very early on and befriended her. It's probably also the reason why Sogabe decided to pass her Mio Fanclub membership on to her. She probably understood that she needs to hang around with people who can help her have a good time. In return, Nodoka started acting as Yui's second guardian, looking after her when Ui could not.

...Not bad for a show about a bunch of cute girls doing almost nothing while playing a bit of music.

Last edited by Lord of Fire; 2010-06-05 at 07:08. Reason: Added Nodoka's profile
Lord of Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-05, 02:05   Link #339
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

The TBS K-ON website has the information for the second season DVDs. Volume 1 has 3 three episodes, which pretty much confirms this being a 26-27 episode series. The DVD cover for volume 1 is also out on the site, looking very similar to the cover of season 1's volume 1, this time with Azusa included.
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-05, 03:11   Link #340
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

I'm a bit disappointed by the lack of silly humor recently (which was abundant in season1 and demonstrated brilliantly in the class trip episode). The last few episodes have been more smiles than LOLs for me, seems like the humor is more restrained and a lot more focus on character development.
I wonder, is this going to be the trend from now on?
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
seinen