AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-07-12, 21:10   Link #1541
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
It was a pretty sad episode even though Nanami got what she wanted. Really her whole life was a tragedy; having that kind of potential yet having a body that wouldn't let her fulfill it, being unable to live fully and yet unable to die. Dying by a family member's hand was all she could look forward to. Well at least she got what she wanted even though it means she is gone now

A kind of strange episodes with those scenes of Nanami defeating all those opponents looking like a video game . Really threw a few different styles in there for this episode.

Liked the ED and just reminds you how tough of an episode this was. In the end Nanami was amazing. I thought she picked up all those moves to get stronger, but in reality she was picking up moves to get weaker so her body could handle it.
Old 2010-07-12, 21:51   Link #1542
KnightHart
The Traveler of the Book

ONEE-CHAAAAAN ;__________________;
now that my sole reason to keep watching is gone, I wonder if I can keep watching this.
;___;
also, can't wait for the full ED, Mai Nakahara is so awesome ;_; I nearly cried at the ending scene ;_;

btw, short haired togame > long haired togame.
Old 2010-07-12, 22:32   Link #1543
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
This episode was awesome. I could go on and list all the good things but instead I'm going to list a few wtf moments. I'll save time that way.
- Wtf with the video game motions lol.
- The animation was weird with the bird and the penguin Maniwanis.

And I'm sure this has been asked, but novel translations anywhere?
Old 2010-07-12, 22:40   Link #1544
thelok

I liked the new animations.

Chesto! I mean... cheerio!
thelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 22:42   Link #1545
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

The animation quality definitely dropped in Ep. 7... The preview for 8 looks to have improved, however.
Old 2010-07-12, 22:57   Link #1546
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
And I'm sure this has been asked, but novel translations anywhere?
Series didn't draw enough attention for that kind of feat.
No one is interested in doing dramas either and while I'm sure I could translate Towazugatari some time later, Kyotou Yasuri audiobook is far out of my reach.

Speaking of which, seventh chapter of it will be narrated by Mai Nakahara, which is a yay.

Quote:
The animation quality definitely dropped in Ep. 7...
Well, yeah. Lack of animation is indeed a vaild complaint about Katanagatari. Though it's clean and crisp and many good voice actors are used and sound quality is superb and what's much more important, animation always stays on models without many BAD QUALITY shots if at all... I guess it's a fair trade somewhat.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 02:08   Link #1547
Sol Falling

I was surprised, but whoa, some parts of that episode really did resemble Oboro Muramasa. There was the running animation for the exclamation mark part that Kanon brought up, but also stuff like the layered 2D animation for a few of the boat scenes, the walking through a forest section with the Maniwani, and the concentric POV in one of the short segments were Togame and Nanami were talking, were also all reminiscent of Muramasa. It definitely seems like the game that was the most direct inspiration for a lot of the video-gamey animation in this episode.

Which would be awesome I guess, 'cause I love Muramasa, except I think the video game-like animation actually did come off a bit like it was cheap or not serious, because none of it really managed to feel like this was going to be an important or special episode, what with Nanami's death and all. In the end, despite my tremendous attraction to Nanami's voice and character design, I think it was only the opening scene which I really loved about her.

I don't really know about this episode. Nanami is actually my favourite character in this series, and yet, despite her dying in this episode, I seem to be totally okay with it. That's a bit disappointing. But, at least something in the tragedy of this episode actually does excite me, and that is in the sense of getting one's feet wet, the expectation for further tragedy in the future. It's not like I don't like any of the other characters. I kind of feel like Nanami and this episode were just a warm up, for something which really will make me bawl my eyes out, so I can forgive this for not being perfectly emotionally gripping.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 02:39   Link #1548
Nosauz

I just don't feel like this series could give us that deep tragedy especially with only two characters who really receive development. Unlike Three Warring Provinces or Red Dream House, there isn't enough meat/intermoving parts to develop true tragedy. I just feel at this point or even an episode or two if togame died, I wouldn't be surprised as the tension and the gravitas just feels unexistant in this series. Especially when the serious brooding parts are juxtaposed to the video game/ satirical parts of the series which I love. I just don't see how it can get too tragic. I think for the most part this could not possibly beat Asura cryin novels in tragedy, now thats a show that should be classified as a tragedy.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 03:54   Link #1549
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
I just don't feel like this series could give us that deep tragedy especially with only two characters who really receive development. Unlike Three Warring Provinces or Red Dream House, there isn't enough meat/intermoving parts to develop true tragedy. I just feel at this point or even an episode or two if togame died, I wouldn't be surprised as the tension and the gravitas just feels unexistant in this series. Especially when the serious brooding parts are juxtaposed to the video game/ satirical parts of the series which I love. I just don't see how it can get too tragic. I think for the most part this could not possibly beat Asura cryin novels in tragedy, now thats a show that should be classified as a tragedy.
Trust me, this series becomes a giant headache in the end. It pretty much takes everything you know, and destroys it.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 04:36   Link #1550
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

;______;
Old 2010-07-13, 04:58   Link #1551
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Spoiler:
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 05:14   Link #1552
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Oh god control yourselves with all those pics. It's getting even me depressed.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 09:01   Link #1553
klintoman

So what happened between their parents? Did his father actually kill his mother? I noticed no one has mentioned anything, am I the only one that found it strange that nanami was having flashbacks of her mother saying she shouldnt have been born! Then all this about banishment because of him killing his wife. Did he kill his wife to protect his daughter, then the son killed the father to protect his sister?
klintoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 09:54   Link #1554
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
She already had those flashbacks. Remember the scene she was sick as a child but her body wouldn't let her die?
Old 2010-07-13, 10:11   Link #1555
zero7090

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
This is beyond troll subs.
the troll sub somehow help me understand some conversation keyword with my halfbaked japanese
the spoiler is my feeling after watched shit happen

Nanami smile in the end of ep 1 is what help me patiently waiting every month
zero7090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 10:40   Link #1556
HandofFate

Nanami's story is tragic I guess, but I'm glad she's dead.

I really don't like how she was just mindlessly slaugtered whole villages.

She did one good thing though.
I think Togame is cuter with short hair
Old 2010-07-13, 11:50   Link #1557
klintoman

But why did the father kill the mother? Did she kill her mother and the father take the wrap? How did the mother die!??
klintoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 12:32   Link #1558
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klintoman View Post
But why did the father kill the mother? Did she kill her mother and the father take the wrap? How did the mother die!??
We don't know how the mother died yet. Hard to even say if we'll find out in the show or not.

& no i'm not asking to be spoiled.
Old 2010-07-13, 12:44   Link #1559
Blaat

The ending of the latest episode is really tragic, I mean really liked Togame's hairstyle and now she has short hair which doesn't look as good on her as long hair.
Old 2010-07-13, 12:57   Link #1560
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
I mean really liked Togame's hairstyle and now she has short hair which doesn't look as good on her as long hair.
I said a while back that i wouldn't decide which form of Togame i like better until i've seen her short haired self in action, and now that i've seen it i can easily say short hair . I like my girls to have short hair, so i knew what the outcome was going to be all along.

Tags
action, adventure, comedy, edo setting, light novel adaptation, nishio, romance, tragedy