AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-08-17, 21:28   Link #201
moshika

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeNoJaku View Post
By the way, which prime minister was in ep.6?
I think he's The "loopy" prime minister Yukio Hatoyama.
moshika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-18, 06:10   Link #202
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Lol, I can't believe they ripped Susan Boyle. That was hilarious.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-18, 21:07   Link #203
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Gankyou gets ignored and then lose it
Old 2012-08-19, 05:42   Link #204
mizuki_tohru
DameNingen who came back

Joshiraku ep7

1/3 「ヤンキー怖い」"Yankee is dreadful"
Spoiler:

2/3 「魚政談」"Fish Political talk"
Spoiler:

2/3 「楽屋調べ」"Investigation of a backstage"
Spoiler:

Last edited by mizuki_tohru; 2012-08-30 at 10:39.
mizuki_tohru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 13:24   Link #205
Dop
Mmmm....

I have to applaud the Manabi Straight and Kujibiki Unbalance references in the election sequence, but I have to admit in the first section I did think "The forbidden fifth panel, darkness!"
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-20, 11:51   Link #206
Midonin
Last Engage

Kumeta loves his numerical humor, doesn't he? Surprisingly, the first segment actually held onto some sort of continuity from the previous episode, but it was only temporary. Gankyou's as necessary to the cast as everyone else. If she wasn't there, who would punch people? Doesn't mean she can't have a little fun with them because once again, she dominated this episode. Not even Dark Kigu has that kind of sheer presence. The pot shots at K-ON! (such as X-TORT!) and Tetora's wish to get into Kirara made me realize why I like this show a little more than Jinrui at the moment. Both have their share of cynicism and commentary, but Kumeta is, ultimately, a little more warm-hearted. As warm-hearted as a man who wrote Zetsubou Sensei can get, but still.

Seeing the tables turned and Gan as lower than the other four was highly amusing. Kigu should play boss more often. It's a role that fits her. Anime usually has people in positions of authority also being cute, so she's a natural fit for the role. That closing gag with everyone in S&M positions brought back memories. At this rate, Gan just may outstrip Chiri as "most insane Kumeta character" (though that's a very very very very close race.)

With KoiChoco currently airing (and having had two episodes at once this past week), not to mention the upcoming US election, the closing segment was especially fun to watch. I don't think I've seen Gokujou Seitokai referenced in another anime before, so kudos to that. Who did the prime minister of space (that sounds like a rejected Katamari Damacy character) sell the Earth to, anyway? Slartibartfast? So glad to be mostly caught up with this show.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-20, 14:26   Link #207
Diveman

I just started to watch this anime and is kinda weird for me, I guess it's really funny if you understand all the references and play on words.
Diveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-21, 04:27   Link #208
Akarin

Images
VAs
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Saori Goto really looks like Kukuru.

Images
the building IRL

Last edited by Akarin; 2012-08-21 at 08:54.
Akarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-21, 10:46   Link #209
Sakanaka Shouko

I began watching this anime and I'm loving it.
Kigurumi is so cute!
Old 2012-08-24, 19:19   Link #210
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akarin View Post
Images
VAs

Saori Goto really looks like Kukuru.
sugoi
Old 2012-08-26, 02:05   Link #211
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

First part of episode 6 struck a chord with me, because I have 3 brothers and we used to talk about how having four of us seems just right.

What's the hierarchy within the girls? Kigu is clearly the youngest and most junior, but what about the rest?
frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 02:48   Link #212
Sakanaka Shouko

Quote:
Originally Posted by frivolity View Post
First part of episode 6 struck a chord with me, because I have 3 brothers and we used to talk about how having four of us seems just right.

What's the hierarchy within the girls? Kigu is clearly the youngest and most junior, but what about the rest?
Gankyou and Mari are the oldest, we can see it because they use the haoris, showing that they are already on an upper rank.
Tetora surely is older than Kukuru.

So it must be:

Gankyou>Mari>Tetora>Kukuru>Kigu

I know it's a long shot, but I think it's pretty much like this.
Old 2012-08-26, 13:08   Link #213
HandofFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakanaka Shouko View Post
Gankyou and Mari are the oldest, we can see it because they use the haoris, showing that they are already on an upper rank.
Tetora surely is older than Kukuru.

So it must be:

Gankyou>Mari>Tetora>Kukuru>Kigu

I know it's a long shot, but I think it's pretty much like this.
Rank-Wise, Ganjyou and Mari are a rank higher than the rest in Rakugo. But age doesn't have anything to do with rank.

Age-wise, Kukuru is clearly the youngest since it seems she's not old enough to drink alcohol
Also makes sense the way everyone treats her as the 'cute little kid' since she's so much younger than everyone else.

Gankyou and Tetora are the same age since you see in the flashback in episode 3, both attended the same school together all the way from elementary to high school.

Last edited by HandofFate; 2012-08-26 at 13:19.
HandofFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 15:40   Link #214
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

I love their parody of exorcism and especially the part of comicket alala
Old 2012-08-26, 16:23   Link #215
Sakanaka Shouko

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Rank-Wise, Ganjyou and Mari are a rank higher than the rest in Rakugo. But age doesn't have anything to do with rank.

Age-wise, Kukuru is clearly the youngest since it seems she's not old enough to drink alcohol
Also makes sense the way everyone treats her as the 'cute little kid' since she's so much younger than everyone else.

Gankyou and Tetora are the same age since you see in the flashback in episode 3, both attended the same school together all the way from elementary to high school.
I read about Rakugo and age does matter when it comes to ranking because the person has to spend time(some years) doing chores , training and performing before moving up a rank. Actually, age is pretty much a consequence of this time spent on training and development.
What matters the most is, obviously, the person's performance. We can guess that Gankyo ,Mari and Tetora are all the same age but Tetora is not as good as the other two on stage and that's why she still isn't a Futatsume.

Here's a piece of text about this:
"After three to five years, assuming that satisfactory progress has
been made, the zenza is promoted to futatsume, whereupon he may
wear the haori, no longer has to perform chores, and must now earn
his own living by his art, no longer receiving an allowance from the
kyokai."

I admit that I overlooked the flashback on episode three, so I thank you for this piece of info. At last, their age relationship must be like this, then:

Gankyou=Mari=Tetora>Kukuru>Kigu.

I may be wrong since it's just a guess, but judging by the info the anime gives us, it must be close to the right answer.
Old 2012-08-26, 16:43   Link #216
HandofFate

Quote:
I read about Rakugo and age does matter when it comes to ranking because the person has to spend time(some years) doing chores , training and performing before moving up a rank. Actually, age is pretty much a consequence of this time spent on training and development.
Yes, the only reason age would be a factor just because the 'time' spent on the stuff. Its still true that age directly doesn't decide rank.

If a 40-year old suddenly newbie suddenly joined at the same time as a 25-year old, she wouldn't end up being ranked above the other just because she's older.

I just felt the way you worded it before was as if you were deciding rank purely on how old everyone was, which I felt was in error since there's a lot of factors involved in age that doesn't relate to rank at all. It would only become true if this specific 5 girls all started Rakugo there at the same exact age only in different years.

Quote:
We can guess that Gankyo ,Mari and Tetora are all the same age but Tetora is not as good as the other two on stage and that's why she still isn't a Futatsume.
heh, personally so far, from the little clips of each girl performing, Tetoras been the one I enjoy listening to the most. With Kigu being my least favorite.
Old 2012-08-27, 03:31   Link #217
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
You're confusing Kigurumi with Kukuru.
Old 2012-08-28, 18:54   Link #218
Sakanaka Shouko

Episode 7 is subbed.
Old 2012-08-28, 19:16   Link #219
Midonin
Last Engage

It's been a while, but I welcome the return of Dark Kigu. Usually the second sketch of any episode is the weakest, but I found this episode's to be stronger than usual. Or maybe that has to do with Marii wearing a hat and overalls that accentuate her ass. I can honestly say I like that look on her. The discussion of what kanji to use to represent someone was a lot of fun to watch. If what Kukuru said about her backstory is true, then... she's a perfectly normal Kumeta character.

How the first segment went from the pentathalon to Marii being a shut in made perfect sense, even if the beginning and end points are almost entirely unrelated. All the things they said about delinquents were spot on, including the kanji. Most of my knowledge on this comes from Axanael and the character of Sakura, but that's the power of media. Information absorbed in one medium can prove useful in another.

The third segment was a great exercise in subtle humor. It's like the Japanese version of living on an ancient Indian burial ground. The bright, ordinary dressing room is creepy as hell. The final twist of Kigu being a robot - explaining her sudden motherly demeanor with the apron - was funny (Kigu Beam!). For ~24 minutes, it felt like it was over in no time at all.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 19:49   Link #220
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Awesome 7th episode of Joshiraku.

The first segment was amusing with the deliquent bit and Mari becoming the leader of the troupe. Which feels weird considering that Gankyou seems more fit for the role due to her being more stronger than Mari, and each episode has proven that point. The comic panel added to the "feel" of the scene was amusing and really creative. When they were taking about the Legends of whatever, I thought that a Legend of Zelda joke would've been added to the mix, just for sheer kicks and giggles.

The second was weak but the conversations were fun to listen too. Kukuru not minding a life of darkness, and the "butt" reference to Mari was interesting and uniquely funny. It was definitely nice to see dark Kigu again, she needs to appear more often.

The third and final bit was interesting considering that Kukuru was noticing a few things "off" with the space they work in and the others not noticing or just pretending not to notice what they saw to keep the original task at hand ie. Finding the source of what's using up the electricity etc. The walls with the eerie faces and talismans, the sweaty sumo wrestler in the floor, and some creepy looking rats, I wonder what happened in that one room considering that weird high jinx happen in there most of the time. Gankyou having the DBZ sensors in her glasses, nice surprise and gag regarding the glasses thing that keeps getting referenced, and the ending was a unique surprise with the robot Kigu being the source of the over usage of the electricity.

The best segment was the first one because of the uniqueness of the conversational flow and the delinquent play bit made it even more amusing.

Overall amazing episode and I can't wait for the next one which ironically enough is released but not subbed yet. Why must this show get the least love and attention, it's just too awesome to pass by.

Tags
comedy, shounen