AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Log Horizon

Notices

View Poll Results: Log Horizon - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 11 22.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 36.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 26.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 16.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-11-16, 23:38   Link #61
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
Haven't read through the rest of the thread yet, but my thoughts from what we've seen so far, and it may have been mentioned already. Shiroe may be trying to buy the Cathedral....

All the buildings are now for sale, but cost a huge amount of money. 5M is a huge amount of money. Once a guild owns a building members or at least certain ones can set limits on who can enter what, and Shiroe what's to clean up Akibahara to make it a better place. We know that when people "die" they resurrect at the Cathedral. So if he can keep people from being able to enter the Cathedral I'm guessing he would be able to keep them from being able to resurrect. If this is true, this is down right diabolical. I approve. :P
Nah he probably couldn't keep people from being resurrected but he could definitely set the controls of the doors as far as who can get in and out. Although if you really think about that could be a worse fate even if Shiroe can stop the resurrection process they don't know what would happen the people may might be able escape. Now on the other hand being trapped in the resurrection room they know what they're in for starving to death in an continuing cycle until Shiroe releases them.
Old 2013-11-17, 00:04   Link #62
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Certainly seems like Shiroe has a great plan going here. Certainly if his plan is to buy the Cathedral that would create a great amount of control. Controlling that key building would allow them to have a major position of power and from that position they can start installing rules to stabilize things. Right now it really is a rule-less world. Death isn't there to create limitations upon their society so have to find a different avenue.

If the plan is to trap people in that building after they die that could be a way to get things on track. Who knows how big Shiroe's plan is, but I'm sure he's got things well in hand. Sometimes drastic measures have to be taken.
Old 2013-11-17, 01:52   Link #63
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

Oh god, I can't stop laughing at how bad this scene was drawn ... my stomach hurts.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-11-17, 04:54   Link #64
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruyasha View Post
Oh god, I can't stop laughing at how bad this scene was drawn ... my stomach hurts.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Doesn't anime come from anime Fairy ?

Drawing ?
Old 2013-11-17, 06:16   Link #65
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredmorte View Post
Did the MC said you can buy CITIES, as in, the entire settlement? As in, with astronomical amounts of money, you could buy Akihabara and become the rulemaker? Is that his plan?
Right there on the screen it showed the city of Akiba being available for purchase for 700 million gold.
Old 2013-11-17, 10:32   Link #66
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
IMO, It's almost Eve Online level stuff.
Old 2013-11-17, 11:01   Link #67
watisit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkatron View Post
Spoiler for Speculation:
He already said the prices were very high. He'd probably need like 5 billion to do what you said
Old 2013-11-17, 11:26   Link #68
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

By the way, just to give an estimate on the value of gold in the game since the anime decide to cut it(and the value of gold depend on how much gold is in circulation), an average level 90 player will have between 10k to 50k gold. So taking the average of 30k gold each player, buying city of Akiba would require the total gold of around 20 thousands player. If they sell all their item to the NPC(because selling between player will just move the money's possession, not the amount of money itself), around 15 thousands players whole possession might be enough to buy the city of Akiba(basically, everyone's in Akiba would have to become naked and pitch in to buy the city of Akiba ).

This is just rough estimates, just to give some kind of benchmark how expensive the city of Akiba is.
Old 2013-11-17, 11:48   Link #69
Alf

For those who are thinking of Shiroe buying up the whole city, look at around 18:30 of this ep. The purchase menu of The Town of Akiba is shown:

Owner: None
This zone do not have any specific owner.
This zone costs 700 million gold to buy, and monthly maintainence fee of 1.2 million is needed.
Yes/No?

So there's no way to buy the whole city with mere 5 million.
Old 2013-11-17, 11:55   Link #70
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
Doesn't anime come from anime Fairy ?

Drawing ?
This kind of messup is best known as QUALITY.
Old 2013-11-17, 12:07   Link #71
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Certainly seems like Shiroe has a great plan going here. Certainly if his plan is to buy the Cathedral that would create a great amount of control. Controlling that key building would allow them to have a major position of power and from that position they can start installing rules to stabilize things. Right now it really is a rule-less world. Death isn't there to create limitations upon their society so have to find a different avenue.

If the plan is to trap people in that building after they die that could be a way to get things on track. Who knows how big Shiroe's plan is, but I'm sure he's got things well in hand. Sometimes drastic measures have to be taken.
Well they wouldn't necessarily need to control the Cathedral pain is probably a lot better and scary motivator in there world then death items and exp can lost from dying can be recovered it's not like they don't have time. From what's been said in the show and the way Akatsuki has kneed Naotsugu in the face in town it seems like you can rough people up pretty good as long as your bare handed so trapping people isn't there only option.
Old 2013-11-17, 13:30   Link #72
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

I may have missed it in the previous threads but do they die when they do not eat? or do they just experience hunger pangs? I'm also assuming that they don't need to sleep at an inn to be safe, but of course sleeping in a bed beats sleeping outside.
Old 2013-11-17, 13:38   Link #73
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
Holy shit....... he's buying the building the Hamelin Guild is in... isn't he?
Old 2013-11-17, 14:30   Link #74
Kokukirin
Shadow of Effilisi

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
I may have missed it in the previous threads but do they die when they do not eat? or do they just experience hunger pangs? I'm also assuming that they don't need to sleep at an inn to be safe, but of course sleeping in a bed beats sleeping outside.
They experience hunger for certain. No one has tried starving himself to death so far to know if not eating can kill.
Old 2013-11-17, 16:15   Link #75
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

hmm that would explain why everyone is still eating those things even if they all taste the same.
Old 2013-11-17, 18:11   Link #76
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
This kind of messup is best known as QUALITY.
I see I see .
Old 2013-11-17, 23:20   Link #77
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

I'll be honest. The second Nyanta demonstrated that he could cook actual food, I figured it was gonna be significant. Maybe I overestimated it a bit too much, since it's not exactly a hard monopoly. Anyone with a highish cooking stat can simply really try to learn how to cook conventionally, and be able to produce edible food.

Though for the moment, with nobody else knowing exactly what they're doing to make the crescent burgers, they have a total monopoly on the most sought after substance on this world *actual food*.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Oh, and
Spoiler:
Oh that poor tiny little lady.

She just can't catch a break around these people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domonkazu View Post
they can't even achieve 5M just by selling those foods. It will take way too long.
The time really isn't the problem though. Especially since the rate they could sell burgers would go up as they make more money, which would hypothetically allow them to expand their burger distribution.

No. The real problem is competition. Because hypothetically speaking, all that would be needed to replicate actual food production is people with high cooking stats. Actual physical talent in food preparation can be learned. Once people figure out how they're doing it, they'll be competition, possibly from bigger guilds that have much more ability to exploit the market.

So far though, Shiroe doesn't seem too worried.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokukirin View Post
They experience hunger for certain. No one has tried starving himself to death so far to know if not eating can kill.
People certainly wouldn't eat the mush that's menu prepared food in this world if they never got hungry. Get hungry enough, and a person will push anything down their throat.
Old 2013-11-17, 23:58   Link #78
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post

People certainly wouldn't eat the mush that's menu prepared food in this world if they never got hungry. Get hungry enough, and a person will push anything down their throat.
and ingredients still have their taste

fruit and veggie taste exactly like how they look.

the gamers getting trap in ET probably haven't eaten this much veggie and fruits for a long time.
Old 2013-11-18, 03:09   Link #79
Anime Online

As mentioned, I don't think Shiroe is going to buy any real estate. He only made about 40,000 gold from the sale of Crescent Moon burger. Besides, he had repeatedly said money is not the aim of his plan.

What I think is that Shiroe is demonstrating a proof of concept: that is possible to create something that is superior than what the game previously provides, and that there is demand for it. If better tasting food can be cooked, can not better weapons, equipment, anything and everything be made, so long as there is a crafting profession for it?
Old 2013-11-18, 06:00   Link #80
watisit

The hamburger scene wasn't exactly what i hoped. I was hoping for something more emotional but it was more comedic than moving. And i was hoping to see somebody eat the wrapper just for laughs. But that's just me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online View Post
As mentioned, I don't think Shiroe is going to buy any real estate. He only made about 40,000 gold from the sale of Crescent Moon burger. Besides, he had repeatedly said money is not the aim of his plan.

What I think is that Shiroe is demonstrating a proof of concept: that is possible to create something that is superior than what the game previously provides, and that there is demand for it. If better tasting food can be cooked, can not better weapons, equipment, anything and everything be made, so long as there is a crafting profession for it?
Shiroe will be getting and using the 5mil gold. What you pointed out will also be used though.
Closed Thread