AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

View Poll Results: How strong do you think Naruto is?
Insanely strong, with Kyubi at his whim, even Hokages should run. 38 26.57%
Strong, but very defeatable against the right enemy. 93 65.03%
Average. There are a ton of other characters with "wild cards" 5 3.50%
Weaker than most: the show might buff him up a lot but really, he sucks. 4 2.80%
He's too stupid to ever get to a high enough level. 3 2.10%
Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2004-03-15, 23:39   Link #1
EbonySeraphim
Phat Poster/Thread Killer

Send a message via AIM to EbonySeraphim
Exclamation Naruto? Strong Or Not?

After browing this forum for quite some time now, I noticed that everynow and then this topic comes up in other topics. Naruto - he is hated(maybe not that much) and loved. Obviously the focus of the show is this character, he "should" be the strongest or at least get there at some point according to design. But a lot of people contend that other characters that are designed in this anime are way better than him, both presently and potentially. What do you think of Naruto? I'll start off with my opinion:

Qualitatively, Naruto is the type of character that never gives up. This is primarily where the anime/manga designers give him his strength and the ability to win whatever problems he comes across. He is also partially simple minded and doesn't let some extraneous factors cloud his descisions. But back to his determination, personally, I think this is a great factor for training. I think his determination towards getting stronger give him great potential, and that if trained, he could learn many really strong jutsus in a shorter amount of time than other characters spent in the series. You see other characters that are stronger than Naruto at this stage in the anime that know many higher level justsus, and have unique and perfected techniques, but who's knows how long before the "present" in Naruto the show, they spent before working on it. Naruto, as far as I know, wasted his time before graduating from the academy. He was a kid who has been having fun, and he is getting stonger quicker than anyone else now, and is focused on training. At this stage in the game, given nothing to do, I think Naruto would probably bug someone to train him during anytime he wasn't already doing something that was beneficial. Given all that, I do not think that potential = strength. Sometime's he should lose to stronger characters. I guess for inspirational/tv-show purposes, having him lose wouldn't be a good thing to show, but realistically, it should happen.

Next this is this Kyubi thing. Obviously this is his wild card and some would single this out as the only reason why he could be considered the as the strongest. I think this in the beginning was more of a wild card than it is now. It has been stated that Naruto's normal chakra mixes with kyubi's even when he doesn't know it, but I think, that sometimes it is Naruto's strength alone that is being used. When it is blue, I think that it's only Naruto's power alone, and he has used it to perform some jutsu - including the later one that involves the ball (is that a spoiler?). I think for him to be able to use this move, without exhausting himself right after, is a great achievement. Also Naruto is getting increasingly better as calling upon Kyubi's chakra at his whim, without situations getting too desparate, and remaining in control. I think once/if he ever gets to that level, he would easily be at the Hokage level, and would use chakra to do everything for him - seriously. He would pretty much use chakra as a subtance along to attack, defend, and heal if needed. It would be an absolute defense and strong offense at the same time. Of course, there are possible counters like Neji closing the chakra holes....I guess its up to one's imagination of whether or not Naruto would just bypass that with pure force of summoning chakra or something.

I assumed this topic would be approriate because even though it is lightly talked about in other threads, this is the main character. He deserves his own thread. Though if this has already been done, don't hesitate to close this one and point me in the right direction. I did search a little though.

And yes...this is another long post from me. If it needs to be clarified, I am asking for your opinion/views analyzing Naruto as a whole. None of that "without this he is crap" stuff. Let's face it, just like he was born with Kyubi in him, Sasuke was born with Sharingan, and whatever character was born into whatever bloodline limit or demon inside of him.
EbonySeraphim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-15, 23:46   Link #2
ayekappy

Spoiler:
ayekappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 00:36   Link #3
7hor
Full Metal Physicist

By design, he will become insanely strong XD

I think he is getting alot stronger but I don't think he is unbeatable yet, so I'll say strong by the right person could take him down.
7hor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 00:38   Link #4
Lunchboxx

Send a message via AIM to Lunchboxx Send a message via MSN to Lunchboxx Send a message via Yahoo to Lunchboxx
wow thats a long post........well I voted Strong, but very defeatable against the right enemy. He is a very talented ninja(and not just cuz of the nine tail), and alot cleverer (?) then people give him credit for, but there are still many people who are stronger.
Lunchboxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 01:12   Link #5
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
definatly strong. buy the manga. you will agree with me.

not read, buy.
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 01:38   Link #6
rEkKaShInObI
LiFe Of ReVeNgE

Send a message via AIM to rEkKaShInObI Send a message via Yahoo to rEkKaShInObI
Naruto is given to much power, so much that he can beat whoever the hell he wants. bring on ever single shinobi in konoha and he'll probably whoop them all.
rEkKaShInObI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 03:13   Link #7
psycoking
kyōki-ō

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbonySeraphim
Given all that, I do not think that potential = strength. Sometime's he should lose to stronger characters. I guess for inspirational/tv-show purposes, having him lose wouldn't be a good thing to show, but realistically, it should happen.
well watdaya know, I'm not the only one who thinks naruto should have gotten his ass beat by now! I love naruto and all, but early on he was way too weak to fight the guys he was fighting. As I said in another thread, naruto would be dead by now if the badguys weren't so nice to him (oh yeah, kudos to EbS for starting this tread, I would've never thought of it so I'm glad someone else did ). However, since the Neji fight hes gotten his kyubi powers more under control, so he's becomming a lot stronger and winning fights based on skill not "oh, wait we can't kill off the main character" plot points. However, even all kyubified Naruto can still be beat by the right opponent (oro did this in the chuunin exam). Naruto still can't exert the kyubi's power perfectly. And. . .

Spoiler:
psycoking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 03:37   Link #8
[Orochimaru]

Naruto is strong, but I go for altenativ b). Sorry but I haven't read the manga, should I?
[Orochimaru] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 03:54   Link #9
socomberetta
Dreaming of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Orochimaru
should I?
You definitely should read the manga. Its better than the anime in some respects.
socomberetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 04:00   Link #10
psycoking
kyōki-ō

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Orochimaru]
Sorry but I haven't read the manga, should I?
YES!!!YES!!!YES!!! Just remember that you're not allowed to ask anyone on the forum where you can get it from

ah don't you just love a catch 22
psycoking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 05:50   Link #11
fenikkusu

Send a message via AIM to fenikkusu
i went with B as well...i think right now the right opponent could take him down easily ... but naruto is freakishly powerful , and ..well ......

to the person who asked about starting to read the anime, it depends on how good you are at waiting , and yur patients. I started to read the manga at the beggining of the Lee - Gaara fight, just becuase i couldnt take the suspence, but now i'm in a horable situation becuase i still cant wait for the anime juss to see how it is animated ,and to juss revisit the story. But also i have to wait now for the manga as well.

Its enuff to drive a person to the brink of insanity
fenikkusu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 07:20   Link #12
GreyArea
Meatf***er

Quote:
Originally Posted by socomberetta
You definitely should read the manga. Its better than the anime in every respect.
Fixed it for you
GreyArea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 08:03   Link #13
dongcute

Right now, I would say Naruto is strong but is vulnerable against the right enemy. Despite his wild card (Kyubi), he has yet to be proven very strong because he has yet to master to control it well. Even if he does master it well, he still has much to lean. He should lean to fight with more intelligence. I believe, a real strong and powerful is one that not only has great power. He/she should also use his brain when he/she complete with others. Personally, I think in this aspect, Naruto still have room of improvements.

However, I do believe that in future, he will become very strong. This is evident from the speed he leans new skill. Moreover, he is blessed with the strong power of Kyubi and good guidance of teacher. Though experience, he will definitely improve more.

Lastly, he is the main character and so, I doubt his skill will be lousy.
dongcute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 08:16   Link #14
DAK

Send a message via ICQ to DAK Send a message via AIM to DAK Send a message via MSN to DAK Send a message via Yahoo to DAK
At this point, he is strong compared to his fellow genins etc. But for him to go up againsta good chunin or jounin, I think he would lose.

If he can improve his hand to hand combat skils, and learn to fight intelligently, he would be an extremely strong and effective ninja, and be able to beat almost any enemy. He has the strength of the Kyubi chakra, as well as the healing, and he seems to learn new jutsu very easily. He just needs to learn how to fight and how to think before doing things. Hopefully we will see him develop his fighting skills soon.

Spoiler:

Sorry for any typos or grammatical errors but it is now 10 to 8am, and I haven't slept all night, fingers not working 100% properly right now.
DAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 08:38   Link #15
Sethi
StormRider

Me goes for B.
Sure he is Strong, yes he has a natural ability to learn Jutsu's fast, and yes he has a freaking demon that pumps him up with greater Chakra than any jounin in the village, but compared to Jounins and Kages he is only raw power with little jutsu's and techniques, while the others are a lot more experienced and have a huge variety of jutsu's and techniques at their disposal.
Sethi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 08:55   Link #16
MaxFun73

Send a message via MSN to MaxFun73 Send a message via Yahoo to MaxFun73
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethi
Me goes for B.
Sure he is Strong, yes he has a natural ability to learn Jutsu's fast, and yes he has a freaking demon that pumps him up with greater Chakra than any jounin in the village, but compared to Jounins and Kages he is only raw power with little jutsu's and techniques, while the others are a lot more experienced and have a huge variety of jutsu's and techniques at their disposal.
I totally agree with you, and I think that even most of the Chuunin are superior to Naruto in a fight.
Do you remember the Chuunin exam? The anbu (fake) did a sleep ninjutsu and all the people went asleep, included Naruto; Shikamaru, Sakura, Shino counter that jutsu... and they are Genin (excluding Shika).
Naruto has a lot to learn.
MaxFun73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 09:21   Link #17
Anjin
stfu-no-jutsu

Send a message via AIM to Anjin
Most high level Chuunin should mop the floor w/ Naruto.. If Shika was a little stronger, he would be able to beat Naruto.. I believe Shika already mentioned he doesnt think he could beat Naruto.. Why? Even tho he is far superior in tactics, he lacks the strength.. Narutow ould be able to break the shadow jutsu w/ his massive Chakra power...

And if anyone has noticed, almost EVERYONE that has fought w/ Naruto has underestimated him.. Even Neji (if you ask me) didn't give him credit and therefore lost in the end. I think a High level Chuunin or Jounin wouldn't make that mistake and would destroy him.. Like if he went 1 v 1 against Zabuza, i think Naruto would have been his own type of Ramen Soup ^_^
Anjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 09:23   Link #18
Palani
///_^

Run Hokage-Sama, run. Naruto is coming and taking your place. Or at least that's what I voted.
Palani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 10:16   Link #19
Ryota
Nee kikoemasuka?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbonySeraphim
After browing this forum for quite some time now, I noticed that everynow and then this topic comes up in other topics. Naruto - he is hated(maybe not that much) and loved. Obviously the focus of the show is this character, he "should" be the strongest or at least get there at some point according to design. But a lot of people contend that other characters that are designed in this anime are way better than him, both presently and potentially. What do you think of Naruto? I'll start off with my opinion:

Qualitatively, Naruto is the type of character that never gives up. This is primarily where the anime/manga designers give him his strength and the ability to win whatever problems he comes across. He is also partially simple minded and doesn't let some extraneous factors cloud his descisions. But back to his determination, personally, I think this is a great factor for training. I think his determination towards getting stronger give him great potential, and that if trained, he could learn many really strong jutsus in a shorter amount of time than other characters spent in the series. You see other characters that are stronger than Naruto at this stage in the anime that know many higher level justsus, and have unique and perfected techniques, but who's knows how long before the "present" in Naruto the show, they spent before working on it. Naruto, as far as I know, wasted his time before graduating from the academy. He was a kid who has been having fun, and he is getting stonger quicker than anyone else now, and is focused on training. At this stage in the game, given nothing to do, I think Naruto would probably bug someone to train him during anytime he wasn't already doing something that was beneficial. Given all that, I do not think that potential = strength. Sometime's he should lose to stronger characters. I guess for inspirational/tv-show purposes, having him lose wouldn't be a good thing to show, but realistically, it should happen.

Next this is this Kyubi thing. Obviously this is his wild card and some would single this out as the only reason why he could be considered the as the strongest. I think this in the beginning was more of a wild card than it is now. It has been stated that Naruto's normal chakra mixes with kyubi's even when he doesn't know it, but I think, that sometimes it is Naruto's strength alone that is being used. When it is blue, I think that it's only Naruto's power alone, and he has used it to perform some jutsu - including the later one that involves the ball (is that a spoiler?). I think for him to be able to use this move, without exhausting himself right after, is a great achievement. Also Naruto is getting increasingly better as calling upon Kyubi's chakra at his whim, without situations getting too desparate, and remaining in control. I think once/if he ever gets to that level, he would easily be at the Hokage level, and would use chakra to do everything for him - seriously. He would pretty much use chakra as a subtance along to attack, defend, and heal if needed. It would be an absolute defense and strong offense at the same time. Of course, there are possible counters like Neji closing the chakra holes....I guess its up to one's imagination of whether or not Naruto would just bypass that with pure force of summoning chakra or something.

I assumed this topic would be approriate because even though it is lightly talked about in other threads, this is the main character. He deserves his own thread. Though if this has already been done, don't hesitate to close this one and point me in the right direction. I did search a little though.

And yes...this is another long post from me. If it needs to be clarified, I am asking for your opinion/views analyzing Naruto as a whole. None of that "without this he is crap" stuff. Let's face it, just like he was born with Kyubi in him, Sasuke was born with Sharingan, and whatever character was born into whatever bloodline limit or demon inside of him.
Dude, i am so NOT gonna read all this

but i think Naruto is strong thanks to the Kyubi powers. If it wasn't for that, he would have been a complete other character.
Ryota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 10:18   Link #20
naantje
Annoyance :)

noobs naruto kicks ass without kyubi just like sasuke does without his seal/sharingan and neji without his byakugan
naantje is offline   Reply With Quote