AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-12-09, 05:06   Link #241
Sides

Biohazard the Mercenaries 3DS homepage opened, link
Looks like this is going to be a launch title then. according to the article on andriasang.com, this title is 70% complete, unlike Revelations, which is more or less at 20%.
So what makes Mercenaries, Mercenaries ? Multiplayer via Wi-Fi, you can move and shoot, there is no story mode.
Revelations will be different, apparently more horror(?) and story based, where as Mercenaries is just plain action.

Biohazard Revelations Hp: link

Last edited by Sides; 2010-12-09 at 05:09. Reason: Biohazard Revelations Hp link added
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 06:28   Link #242
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Yes , Mercenaries will only be like the mercenaries mode on RE4/RE5 with many characters playable. (Chris / Claire / Hunk / Krauser... )

If you want story mode , it's Revelations with Chris & Jill combo.

Well , i prefer to play story mode. Mercenary is just fun to play with others but it'll be boring later.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-17, 09:07   Link #243
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

So Amazon leaked 3DS price on his site , the 3DS sell at 249€. Not official price but Amazon immediately removed the link.

If it's 249€ , i think it's a reasonable price. PSP launch was 250€ , PSP GO= 260€.
Old 2010-12-17, 12:53   Link #244
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

According to Google (at current conversion rates) 249€ = $327.5346

which also equals 27,565.2960 Yen...
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-17, 13:49   Link #245
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Yes , it's quite expensive coming from Nintendo who usually sell at around 150€ for DS console.
Well i'm talking to EU. Dunno for USA or others countries. In EU we are fucked , some game's industry conversion : 150$ = 150€ ....
Old 2010-12-17, 17:19   Link #246
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

€250?! I thought it was a handheld, not a home console. I definitely won't get it for a looong time.
Old 2010-12-17, 17:44   Link #247
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Yes , it's quite expensive coming from Nintendo who usually sell at around 150€ for DS console.
Price is really the only thing that will stop this taking off... I bet Sony for instance are never going to launch a console with a price tag as high as the ps3 ever again... As far as Japan goes a cheaper and better looking (sans 3d) psp2 with MH 4 as a launch game could give an expensive 3ds a run for it's money initially... especially since 3ds games are so expensive to make (4 times more than psp/8 times more than ds iirc one of the devs were saying).
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 18:08   Link #248
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

Anyone else preorder today? My brother and I both managed to get one.
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-28, 17:02   Link #249
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Pre-ordered mine today at one of my local Gamestops (after reading about it on Sunday).
Old 2010-12-29, 08:47   Link #250
Teenhmifnoeafgil
Battle on, or next to?

I kind of cried inside when you forgot to mention that another announced 3DS game is another remake of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
Except it's 3D.
And has remade graphics.
And a new dungeon.
Teenhmifnoeafgil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-29, 11:44   Link #251
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teenhmifnoeafgil View Post
And has remade graphics.
And a new dungeon.
Source? I've heard nothing about remade graphics or a new dungeon, only that it was a 3D port.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-29, 12:09   Link #252
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Source? I've heard nothing about remade graphics or a new dungeon, only that it was a 3D port.
Improved graphic was revealed when it was announced and you can also see it in in the screenshots.

That there would be a new dungeon I never heard of, but it was to be expected.

Source?
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-02, 08:19   Link #253
caddyalan

I want to be enthusiastic about 3DS. After all, the DS had plenty of games that were relevant to my interests. But...

* I probably won't buy it around launch unless I see a game or two that justifies the price. (I almost never purchase systems until they've been available for months.)
* An awful lot of planned games are ports, sequels, or enhanced remakes. That's not necessarily bad, but original games are very important.
* If the 3DS can make it easier for companies to publish niche games in English, then I'll be more willing to support it. A bunch of well-regarded RPGs for the DS never got translated, perhaps because the publishers didn't think they'd be profitable. And I only discovered the DS version of Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side (a niche game that became one of my recent favorites) because fans translated it.
caddyalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-02, 09:16   Link #254
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

While they're at it, they REALLY should give us the ORIGINAL Tokimemo too!! Long time no see, Shiori-chan!!
Old 2011-01-02, 09:32   Link #255
Syntron
Shiny Hardware

Ill buy the 3DSi with improved screen, better 3D effect, more networking features and cheaper pricetag. And by then ill buy all the good games for half the price, too! Oh im so smart.
Old 2011-01-02, 10:38   Link #256
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

If the 3DS wants to survive, it has to:

1) Have USB connection for the files that it can play, such as...

2).... MP3 files and...

3).... MP4 files, both of which will require....

4) ....compatibility with at LEAST 64 Gigabyte Flash Cards (which will be available by the middle of 2011).

5) Now that you have a Fricking 3D Camera, why not have Video Taking capabilities too?

6) Oh, and applications that allow you to draw, write stuff and read PDFs would be nice too. Not to mention Edit the Photos (and Videos :P) if you have taken any.

They HAVE a Touch screen and a THREE D CAMERA AND SCREEN now, there's no excuse they can't at least TRY the above.
Old 2011-01-02, 14:03   Link #257
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Tacking on applications to the system that don't have anything to do with it will just serve as more excuses for upgradable firmware that will fuck you over somehow, not to mention increase the price of the thing. The firmware probably will fuck you over already as soon as it's released.

The DSi already has upgradable firmware that blocks homebrew with a region lock.

My preference is to have a gaming-only device with no upgradable firmware that can optionally run homebrew to turn it into whatever you want. That way, everyone wins.
Old 2011-01-02, 18:17   Link #258
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I don't see where all the skepticism is coming from, it's a Nintendo handleheld which means it's a guaranteed success with every publisher on the planet dangling off it's fat money making balls.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-02, 22:48   Link #259
paladinenvec

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I don't see where all the skepticism is coming from, it's a Nintendo handleheld which means it's a guaranteed success with every publisher on the planet dangling off it's fat money making balls.
^
lol i agree with this.
paladinenvec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-03, 09:48   Link #260
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Remember the Virtual Boy? How about the Game Boy Light?

Even if it's a success, that doesn't mean it's actually good.

Tags
3ds, dsi, nintendo, nintendo 3ds, nintendo ds