AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-02-05, 21:59   Link #4501
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

God, Peyton vs Eli articles out the ears over the next couple of months.

I'm gonna need you to win another Super Bowl, Peyton. Go to a contender, dude.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 22:06   Link #4502
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Feck off Welker.
Old 2012-02-05, 22:11   Link #4503
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Welker, wai u drop dat pass ?:[.

Man, I wanted to see a redemption story, instead, we get that stupid goofball Eli trolling Brady for a 2nd ring...

They shoulda used Ocho on that Hail Mary and tried to beat them with pure speed. Sucks for Brady so very much. Super Bowl appearances aren't a given. Damn it.

Freaking vagiants...had the Eagles won one more...
Old 2012-02-05, 22:14   Link #4504
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Spygate loses again

Brady Legacy tarnished

New Orleans' Boy is the QB that did it to them

Belichick hugs Coughlin like a liquered up woman

Game was pretty damn boring for 3 QTRS (Especially the Pats yawnworthy offense), but the 4th Qtr was fun, and to see the Pats lose in excruciating fashion was soooo worth Baltimore blowing that playoff game.. In the end, I got what i wanted sans the Saints getting smacked...But to see a team we put 50 on win the Superbowl? Eh, it hurts a little less now...

GEAUX GIANTS!

Last edited by wingdarkness; 2012-02-05 at 22:53.
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 22:16   Link #4505
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by cors8 View Post
It was Brady's receivers that let him down this time.

GO GIANTS!
Funny. You'd think after converting 4th and 16 - they'd have some kind of confidence and momentum drawing from that.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 22:18   Link #4506
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

To be honest, though - Welker dropped it, but if Brady had put it in his lap, Welker would have walked into the endzone.

(Still should have caught the damn pass.)
Old 2012-02-05, 22:21   Link #4507
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

New York Giants receivers were fairly butterfingers during the regular season. Tonight, they were clutch. This time, New England receivers were butterfingers and it cost them. You can't drop that many catches when wide open. Giants also finally got their running game going once the playoffs started and their defense really got going at that point. They switched it on at the right time.

As for the whole Peyton vs Eli thing, I don't think there's any argument that Peyton is the better QB. But Eli winning a 2nd will mean that he's no longer considered to be merely a lesser brother and that he fluked winning a Superbowl.
Old 2012-02-05, 22:25   Link #4508
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Well, it's over. And it the announcers fucking bullshited, this game wasn't awesome at all, it was shit. Oh well, I guess I'll be making my megaposts on the future of the NFL soon.
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 22:25   Link #4509
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

That's why I'm a Hatriot fan! Bill Belichick and his players are a bunch of sore effin losers that can't even do postgame after a SB loss like every other team does every year...

God (aka Tebow aka Jesbow) DON'T LIKE UGLY, and all that cheating and $hit from the early 2000's they did to win is now boomeranging their a$$ess...Good for them...
Old 2012-02-05, 22:25   Link #4510
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Spygate loses again

Brady Legacy tarnished

Game was pretty damn boring for 3 QTRS (Especially the Pats yawnworthy offense), but the 4th Qtr was fun, and to see the Pats lose in excruciating fashion was soooo worth Baltimore blowing that playoff game..The Bradshaw In the end, I got what i wanted sans the Saints getting smacked...But to see a team we put 50 on win the Superbowl? Eh, it hurts a little less now...
I swear you're one of the most lyrical sports fan I've ever seen.

Spygate is a poor mans excuse for the patriots success and in what way was Bradies legacy tarnished. That he lost two close super bowls to the same "good" team.

And my god you must really love shootouts because that was in no way a boring game. Good old fashioned football there man (aside from the moments of wierdly thrown balls and dropped passes).

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
God (aka Tebow aka Jesbow) DON'T LIKE UGLY, and all that cheating and $hit from the early 2000's they did to win is now boomeranging their a$$ess...Good for them...
You mean all that cheating most every team did around that time but never got caught? You mean all the "cheating" that probably still goes on today, but no one has exposed yet.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 22:26   Link #4511
Alchemist007
*Author

It's easy to fault individuals. But you have to see that it's the team result that gets the final score.
Old 2012-02-05, 22:27   Link #4512
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Nah, the game was pretty uneventful, I turned away a few times and didn't really miss anything. But that's an opinion.
Old 2012-02-05, 22:29   Link #4513
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

It wasn't a glamorous, big play game. But it was a close contest from start to finish. I watched it all the way. I like watching good defense making big plays, like Nicks forcing a safety or Pierre-Paul chasing down running backs did tonight. Moore did a lot of good things for New England.

All I asked for from this final game was a close contest. It happened. Trust me, blowouts get cast from peoples' memories much faster.
Old 2012-02-05, 22:33   Link #4514
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

The safety was on Brady, he had all day to throw and boneheadedly threw to the middle of the field instead of out of bounds. The defense was decent, but it wasn't anything dominant or amazing. Both teams, particularly the Giants, moved the ball pretty easily and staled on the other side around mid-field.

I can appreciate a good defensive football battle, but this wasn't really it.

The last six minutes was pretty entertaining, though.
Old 2012-02-05, 22:35   Link #4515
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
I swear you're one of the most lyrical sports fan I've ever seen.

Spygate is a poor mans excuse for the patriots success and in what way was Bradies legacy tarnished. That he lost two close super bowls to the same "good" team.

And my god you must really love shootouts because that was in no way a boring game. Good old fashioned football there man (aside from the moments of wierdly thrown balls and dropped passes).
That game was boring as $hit in the first half and 3rd Qtr and I'm a football purist (7 people in my living room agreed)...Maybe the Saints offense and the spectacular visual enjoyment I've been afforded for half a decade has clouded me, but if 5 yard stick routes by Tom Brady gets you flying on a sheet of Silver Surfer Ice so be it...Enjoy..

As for Brady, if he wins he's GOAT, if he loses he falls back to the pack and is a two time loser of the game...Now history will show that the first 3 SBs were more on the D because in clear offensive personnel years he couldn't win it...Hell even in the SBs he won, he never won the game as much as he didn't convert 3rd down so Vineteri had to kick 50 yarders (yeah that was a low blow, but now history can ARGUE this, and whether you like it or not this is what Sports historians do and they do it in lyrical fashion as you've seen)...

And Spygate was real...Go do a hardcore google on it, like some page 5 level $hit, it's there and it's good for them in my eyes...
Old 2012-02-05, 22:39   Link #4516
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Just goes to show, defense wins championships...that said, Brady's receivers let him down. Honestly, the man's not immortal. He can't keep coming back. He has maybe 5 years left. At most. 1 more superbowl appearance isn't out of the question. Two more if he's exceptionally fortunate.

Gronk not being at 100% truly hurt the pats, even though the giants lost two players they still had enough to win. But yeah, that safety...was pretty bad. So was the Welker drop. And that 12 man on the field forced fumble early on.

Pats just made a few more mistakes, and it was enough to doom 'em
Old 2012-02-05, 22:40   Link #4517
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

I found the game to be pretty entertaining.

It would have been sweet to see Tuck get the MVP, but it had to be Eli. Manningham's catch was just beautiful.
Old 2012-02-05, 22:42   Link #4518
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Pats just made a few more mistakes, and it was enough to doom 'em
And the same things cost the 49ers and the Packers in their matches with the Giants. Truth of the matter is, the Giants were able to make less mistakes at the business end of the season. While those that were great in the regular season suddenly faltered.
Old 2012-02-05, 22:48   Link #4519
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I thought I'd hop on here for a sec and do the happy dance... *dances* !FUCK YEAH! GO GIANTS! That's twice! the Giants shut down the supposed best team of the league in the Super Bowl! ok, you may resume
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 22:51   Link #4520
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Awesome. Not only did Penn State lose the entire last 6 weeks of the recruiting season but also our new head coach didn't get a Super Bowl ring to flash at the recruits we need to not absolutely blow in a couple years.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
american football, sports