AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-12-12, 14:28   Link #2101
Kyuu
=^^=

OK. I'll expect to see Shizu's real power come out of that Captain's match. And it better be good enough to justify Achiga in the final.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 15:22   Link #2102
King-Slayer

Looks like Hiroko's Voice got replaced. Sachika Misawa is replacing Manami in the role of Hiroko Funakubo in the Saki Episode of Side Aanime. According to the blog, Manami said that she "wants to devote herself to her singing career."
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 11:21   Link #2103
EroKing

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-12-13, 20:31   Link #2104
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Amazon lists ep 14's BD as coming in March, so it's likely going to be aired in January if they keep the same schedule. They have it at 60 minutes, but that's likely incorrect. Would be nice to have that length though.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-12-13 at 23:44. Reason: corrected the URL for you
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-16, 01:35   Link #2105
The Green One

Either the episodes are going to be longer or the contents are going to be slashed to bits. There's just simply no way to cram four rounds into three 30 min episodes without doing one of these two things.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-16, 09:17   Link #2106
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Kinokuniya lists the episode 14 BD to have 48 minutes similar to the others. So does AmiAmi. Neowing doesn't have it up yet. No timeslot has been given to it yet, so perhaps it may be double-length.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-16, 09:33   Link #2107
EroKing

This anime is all about love

Last edited by EroKing; 2012-12-19 at 05:20.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-23, 05:55   Link #2108
thenightsshadow

Anyone excited about Episode 13 airing 28.5 hours from now?
thenightsshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-23, 06:20   Link #2109
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenightsshadow View Post
Anyone excited about Episode 13 airing 28.5 hours from now?
The wait... so long...

;.;

It's more torturous than this:

Spoiler:
Old 2012-12-23, 08:49   Link #2110
Peanutbutter

Apparently, there's preview images of Ep 13:

Spoiler for one image:

From what images I have seen so far:

Spoiler:
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-24, 03:33   Link #2111
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
The wait... so long...

;.;

It's more torturous than this:

Spoiler:
A double wait for a suuankou that's only possible if you draw yourself the only remaining west wind, plus you're destroyed if either you or the other guy were to draw a five of characters ... Yes, that's indeed torturous.
Old 2012-12-24, 10:05   Link #2112
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Stream is out (and just finished a couple of minutes ago). I watched it late and only see Sera an Ako fight

Seems like they'll do vice-captain match and the latest chapter from the manga for the next episode.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-24, 10:14   Link #2113
FrozenCard

Spoiler for Ep14 Dates:

Saki Achiga-hen Episode 14 will start airing on January 29th. Get hyped! Watched the stream, felt that some of Yuu's match was rushed, but it covered all of the chapter and chapter 14 as well, so it was a great ep.

Last edited by FrozenCard; 2012-12-24 at 10:16. Reason: Small edit
FrozenCard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-24, 11:00   Link #2114
thenightsshadow

Interesting. I think what interested me most was the change in the ED between the promotional version and what ended up airing.

I don't know about you but Arata looks awesome when doing that strike.
thenightsshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-24, 11:06   Link #2115
Midonin
Last Engage

I've gained a new appreciation for Saki since the last time I watched it, for a couple of reasons. It feels like the series never really dropped off. The matches are still exciting, and a lot of the plotlines are still carrying on from episode 12. The part that surprised me most of all was seeing Teru the Whirlwind humanized. That moment in the Shiraitodai waiting room showed her softer side, that apparently everyone but Saki is aware of. Not that the rest of her classmates are any easier to defeat, but since Yuu wasn't driven to the brink of despair over the course of her match, the rest of this round should be smooth sailing. Ako's match was pretty exciting too - nice to see her in action after a rather brief clip the last time she played.

And the new StylipS song is totally awesome.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-24, 11:31   Link #2116
Sol Falling

Ahh, great episode. Kinda fast paced, but if they managed to cover all the manga content, I guess it's alright. Both chapter 13 and 14 of the manga are on the shorter side (for Achiga; ~60 pages each), so with an extended runtime of 30 minutes, it was more or less enough.

Haha, Saito Chiwa's voice for Awai is truly entertaining, after all the hype we've been getting about her personality/skill. That was well done. Ako and Sera's exchanges over the Leiutenant battle were super hot as well.

The cliffhanger ending fading into the ED was perfect for getting hyped. They executed Shibuya Takami's imagery really well. Ahh, I can't wait for episode 14 either, although if they plan to go with two chapters for the adaptation again, it's definitely gonna have to be somewhat longer than 30 minutes.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-24, 15:27   Link #2117
Kyuu
=^^=

Play wise. There really wasn't all that much to cover out of the 2nd match, both hanchans. And so, the 15 minutes to showcase it was enough. In the short amount of time, they still managed to economically show how each player handled their games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling
Haha, Saito Chiwa's voice for Awai is truly entertaining, after all the hype we've been getting about her personality/skill.
And thus, I'll expect Saki vs Awai to be more glorious than Saki vs Koromo.
Old 2012-12-24, 19:22   Link #2118
Peanutbutter

I thought they spent a lot of time editing this episode, but there's two scenes where the background was still in "draft mode".

Awai's voice sounded like exactly what I expected Saito Chiwa to do, similar to how she voiced Alicia in SAO.

I'm okay with squeezing almost 2 rounds in one episode. It just means that they can focus more on the Shindouji duo.

Of course that still pales in comparison to Saki's 4-5 episodes in her provincial finals.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-24, 20:46   Link #2119
Qilin
Romanticist

Well, they certainly crammed in all that content much better than I would have expected.

Seeing Sumire's archer avatar in action is more than enough for me, though I'm not exactly fond of her overly deep voice. So much for a character I was anticipating so much. Still, I'm convinced that the episode's highlight was the third match with Ako and Sera's showdown. Not only was it a match to score as much points as possible, but it was also to finish the match with as few hands as possible.

It was also nice to see Saki's name being dropped once again. They really are hyping her into some kind of monster, huh? Though it's kinda funny how I'd usually pin down that comment on third years and their increased tenpai rate as a case of misapplied statistics, but I wouldn't be so sure when it comes to the Saki-verse where inexplicable mahjong superpowers are relatively commonplace.

I'm still counting the episodes before Awai's eventual match up.
Old 2012-12-24, 21:12   Link #2120
The Green One

Arata's match has a lot of good content as well, it should be interesting seeing Shiratodai's vice-captain in her jobbing role as Shiratodai's Kuro.

The dynamic between the bondage queen and the keyblade master should be fun as well.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri