Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2006-12-08, 14:17   Link #1
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Kara No Kyokai

Saw this on

http://endofdreams.wordpress.com/200...-kyokai-anime/

But Apparrently KnK was given a page on NewType and the speculation is that it is going to be an anime!

For those of you who don't know much (like myself). KnK is the book written before Tsukihime and takes place in the Tsukihime's world.

Shiki (is a girl in this one) and has the same eyes of death as Shiki Tohno and many references to the Tsukihime world.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-08, 15:23   Link #2
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I heard about this yesterday.. but i really need something official before i can hold a party about it. It could be sexy - we all know that.
Old 2006-12-08, 15:24   Link #3
Thelastguardian

The rumor for Kara No Kyokai has resurface periodically ever since Tsukihime was made into anime...

Anyway, if this book is going to be make into anime, I feel sorry for whoever is responsible for directing it- he is going to have a heck of a tough job appeasing the fans (notwithstanding that TM fans are well-known for being harsh ) .

He might as well write his will now . The novel is not easy to understand.

I recommand anyone who attempts to read this novel to play thru Tsukihime beforehand. The plot is hard enough to understand as it is, you don't want to get caught up with the terminalogies at the same time.

PS: Ryogi Shiki's ability is not that much more powerful than Nanaya Shiki. Sure, Ryogi has [], had the other Shiki, and the all-seeing eyes, but Nanaya Shiki has the bloodline of the Nanaya family, and the blessing of the Shinso princess...

Nevermind then
Old 2006-12-08, 17:37   Link #4
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Blessing of the Shinso princess?

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-08, 18:11   Link #5
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelastguardian View Post
Anyway, if this book is going to be make into anime, I feel sorry for whoever is responsible for directing it- he is going to have a heck of a tough job appeasing the fans (notwithstanding that TM fans are well-known for being harsh ) .
It's going to be very hard to make a novel like Rakkyo (short for Kara no Kyoukai) into an anime indeed. The whole thing is made up of 40% description/narration, 40% philosophy, and 15% action (and 5% of "what language is this?orz"). If the anime cannot successfully deliver on the reasonings and philosophy part, it's going to end up being one awfully confusing anime for first time viewers (and even if they can deliver, it's still going to be confusing anyway ) Rakkyo was pretty much Nasu's rough draft for his later works: it's an unedited smattering of his early ideas and inspirations that will eventually became the basis for Tsukihime, it's certainly not an easy to read book.

Still, I have to admit that Shiki is the coolest heroine ever. Even now, years after I finished Rakkyo, I have still yet to see any female character, from Type-Moon or otherwise, who can surpass Shiki in terms of coolness.

Now, as for this anime rumor thing. As of now, it's really nothing more than
"Wow there's an original drawing of Shiki by Takeuchi on Newtype"
and
"So there's going to be a pinup & special article on Fate/stay night and Kara no Kyoukai next month.... Wait, Kara no Kyoukai?"

My opinion? It is interesting that official Rakkyo content is popping up at Newtype, and it's true that there has been a lot of rumors of backstage activities surrounding Rakkyo for the past few years. Now that Fate/stay night anime ended with relative success, it wouldn't surprise me if a Rakkyo anime is announced next.

Either way, we can only wait until next month.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-08, 18:41   Link #6
animefanrk2k

Send a message via AIM to animefanrk2k Send a message via MSN to animefanrk2k
I am slightly bothered with the misinformation of Nanaya/Tohno Shiki's abilities, but that's all right. If there is a small chance that Kara no Kyokai will be made into an anime, let this one anime fan hope, so that I can FINALLY know what it's about. XD

I just hope that the job done on this is better than the Tsukihime anime, which was good, but could have been better. (Played the game in Japanese without understanding a word of it and enjoyed it tons more than the anime for some reason. o_0)
Old 2006-12-08, 22:25   Link #7
Thelastguardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin View Post
Blessing of the Shinso princess?
Spoiler for just some stuff :) :

Those aside

I know Ryogi Shiki is cool and all, but (no offence here) I don't quite understand the logic behind some of her actions. Her actions before the accident, those I can understand; Not the (some)ones after she woke up though. In paticular how she grown fond of Kokuto (again) after the accident.

Maybe I am just too nice If I saw death everyday maybe I would understand.

But yeah, she does kick ass. Even though she has no magic power, her "coldness" in battles allow her to overcome many obstacles.

What I really like, however, are the Japanese title for each chapters (the English ones are totally different things ) . They are almost, ahem, one line poems.
Those names, along with the intro for each chapter, set up some of the most memorable suspense ever.

Side Note: I recommand anyone who has free time to head over to Mirror Moon's website and look at their partial translation of the books. I don't know how well they translated the story though :/
Old 2006-12-09, 09:08   Link #8
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Kara no Kyokai is a good book, though the timeline order of the chapters are mixed up by a bit...
I wonder would they do that in the anime(if it really comes out...look forward for it a lot. Thanks for the information Forbin!)

Side note: All three Shiki in Nasu's world are often compared and is thought to possess the same eye...But Shiki's mugen is different from Shikis' mugen...(heck, the two Shikis mugens are different in functionality, as well) (how clumsy...)
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-26, 21:43   Link #9
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Refer to MOON PHASE (12.27 entry):
http://d.hatena.ne.jp/moonphase/20061227

"Kara no Kyoukai anime adaptation confirmed" is what cyan-san's source says.

With so many rumors up until this point, it almost looks certain this time. Hope the official news comes soon.

Prism Ark's anime announcement above that is a surprise too though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamandragon View Post
Kara no Kyokai is a good book, though the timeline order of the chapters are mixed up by a bit...
It's meant to be written that way. Present time → past story→ back to present time is a common way to tell stories in novels. In a way, the erratic time jumps are what gave the novel its mysterious feel.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-26, 23:48   Link #10
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y View Post
Prism Ark's anime announcement above that is a surprise too though.

............ *grabs a bag and runs outside*
Old 2006-12-27, 08:36   Link #11
MeganeShounen
Huh?

I figuratively "came" with this piece of info.
Along with Nanatsuiro Drops and Prism Ark...

Good Lord, did Christmas come late or what. >.>
MeganeShounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-27, 09:42   Link #12
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
I hope to GOD a good production studio gets this one!
darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-27, 18:18   Link #13
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

My goodness... I was hoping for a long time that this would be made into an anime ever since I read on The Moonlight World:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moonlight World
The writer once said in an interview that games have an advantage over novels because it can use pictures and music on top of text. For a novel to be just as interesting, it needs to be three times as interesting. This is the novel that is three times as interesting as average games.
Nice quote, eh? Now I'll just have to pray that is is not given the Tsukihime treatment and turned into garbage.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-27, 18:23   Link #14
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
Now I'll just have to pray that is is not given the Tsukihime treatment and turned into garbage.
It totally depends on how you look at the Tsukihime anime - look at it as it having no past source, and its a pretty decent series. Thats what i've done plenty of times to enjoy it, and i did play the game originally before i seen the series.
Old 2006-12-27, 18:25   Link #15
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

I watched the Tsukihime anime before finding out any spoilers from the game. As an unspoiled viewer I thought it was mediocre and rushed. It isn't awful until you find out what was left out, but it isn't really all that good. Now that I'm playing the patched game I see how much worse than mediocre it really was. (Gosh it could have been incredible if it had been done right.)

I'm hoping Kara no Kyokai is treated well.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-27, 18:31   Link #16
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I don't believe even with all the material used, Tsukihime anime couldn't have been good - its just like the F/SN anime, they couldn't add everything so its left just being a medium series - like Tsukihime for me.

Though with Kara no Kyokai, of course there's a lot riding on this - well its hard to believe that it'll be something perfect. Just gonna have to wait for more information regarding it.
Old 2006-12-28, 01:10   Link #17
Archer

And the mystery studio is....!

*drumroll please*

ufotable!

http://www.karanokyoukai.com/
Archer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-28, 01:37   Link #18
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Well I like the opening picture of Shiki they have there.
Old 2006-12-28, 01:38   Link #19
Archer

Also, this will be a movie.

Yes, a theatrical production.

Not a series.
Archer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-28, 01:51   Link #20
MeganeShounen
Huh?

A movie? Well, *guess* that it's better that way. Less room(?) for mucked-up characters... or the fixing of said-of traits. I'm still looking forward to the fight scenes. Badass girls in knife fights are always a treat to watch, given the right production studio.

That reminds me. Is Ryogi (and I guess all Shiki personas in the Nasuverse) an expert in all sorts of melee weaponry? Or do they just prefer knives and katanas?
MeganeShounen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, harem, type moon