AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

View Poll Results: Attack on Titan - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 45 42.06%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 28.04%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 11.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 11.21%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 3.74%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.93%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.87%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.93%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-09-08, 21:26   Link #121
peskylemur25

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamJackEvo View Post
That's a manga adaptation of Before the Fall. The prequel started out as a series of light novels back in 2011. So far, 3 volumes have been published, and the first volume details the origin of the 3DMG and its inventor. They might include some fillers, but I can totally see the animators making a 12-episode run on this prequel.
I know but wouldn't they wait for the before the fall manga to have Marie chapter before they wait to make that anime. If not how can they sell that manga. Or why make that manga at all if u can just make your own anime based on the light novels. I helped made the thread for the before the fall manga so I am not dumb. I knew about the 3 light novel but no one has translate them, so I am hoping the manga will bring the light novel to life. and most likely they make a anime only attack on titan and not wait for the manga like fma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renchan View Post
The Fall manga was based on light novel, tho. and the novel has been finished for quite a while too (only 3 volumes).
I know!!!!!!! But why make the manga if they could just adopted stuff from the light novel? I think they will let more chapters for the manga to come out do we can see the new character then make a mini season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post
Glad you guys enjoyed the episode, after they retrieved Eren the ep felt like glorified filler (an episode about body dumping? really?). Now with two episodes left I am not holding my breath for a good ending.
It was a good addition to the anime. It shows another reason to feel the hardship the scouting legion goes through.

Last edited by monir; 2013-09-08 at 22:05.
peskylemur25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-08, 21:36   Link #122
normp571

I think I know why the Scouting Legion is still allowed to exist. It not only serves as the "hope of humanity" but also serves as population control since resources are probably dwindling. This wouldn't be surprising after the government sent 250K people to their deaths to conserve resources.
normp571 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-08, 21:37   Link #123
jackolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renchan View Post
The Fall manga was based on light novel, tho. and the novel has been finished for quite a while too (only 3 volumes).
No, the novel's not finished yet, it's still on-going.

The manga adaptation will be monthly, and yes it seem obvious that they want to animate Before the fall next.
Which is why they're in a hurry to get a manga adaptation out quickly, but since it's only had just started, it will probably take another year before it can even be animated.
So in short, no more AoT anime for at least till end of 2014...
jackolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-08, 21:44   Link #124
normp571

A moderator deleted my post where I said that I wish {insert identity of female titan here} will die in a few chapters. They assumed that I was saying she is going to die. I was saying that I wish'd she'd die. Anyway, I hope the AoT anime is renewed for a season two.
normp571 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-08, 21:59   Link #125
peskylemur25

Quote:
Originally Posted by normp571 View Post
A moderator deleted my post where I said that I wish {insert identity of female titan here} will die in a few chapters. They assumed that I was saying she is going to die. I was saying that I wish'd she'd die. Anyway, I hope the AoT anime is renewed for a season two.
I want a season two but not if it is filler (granted today wasn't bad, but I don't want to go fma again). I am hoping at least 1-2 year so more chapter can come out then make the second season. Or they turn move the manga to a weekly paper.
Old 2013-09-08, 22:28   Link #126
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Damn, Levi was so badass this episode(well, he's badass every episode, just moreso here =03), but even though he owned the female titan, he still got the short end of the stick (T.T). What an amazing man he is. I can only imagine what he's feeling inside.

I was rather disappointed in Mikasa though. I guess she's more talented in yandere don't-touch-my-Eren mode, because I was kinda disappointed in how simplistic she thought killing the FT was after Levi floored it.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-08, 22:39   Link #127
Byakou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
in time. Hell...some 50 years ago it was simply shocking to everyone witnessing a married mother also holding down a decent job.
You say the author projects Japanese views onto foreign characters but in reality, you're views are just as wrong since you are using modern ones.
Seems you're assuming the series takes place in the past. To me it looks like post-apocalyptic future. What proof do you have this is in past? Unless there's something in the manga of course, then you shouldn't be saying this now should you?
Byakou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-08, 23:06   Link #128
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

my god this episode is so........ dramatic and sad :'(
Old 2013-09-08, 23:46   Link #129
peskylemur25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byakou View Post
Seems you're assuming the series takes place in the past. To me it looks like post-apocalyptic future. What proof do you have this is in past? Unless there's something in the manga of course, then you shouldn't be saying this now should you?
They were only using it as an example. To me it look like the past and it dated 850 so maybe past.
Old 2013-09-08, 23:55   Link #130
Haigon

Quote:
Originally Posted by peskylemur25 View Post
They were only using it as an example. To me it look like the past and it dated 850 so maybe past.
in 850 the europeans didn't even think in gunpower.
Haigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-09, 00:26   Link #131
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

lol even the crude cannons used at the Wall Maria didn't appear in history till the 1300s.
Old 2013-09-09, 00:27   Link #132
JamJackEvo

Quote:
You're assuming it's using the Gregorian calendar. There are dozens of calendars used throughout history. It wouldn't be so farfetched to see sometime in the future (2000 years in this case), they'd discard the Gregorian calendar to a different one because of some post-apocalyptic reason that regressed society to sometime in the Middle Ages again.

That meant Titans didn't show until 700 years after the change in calendar. Plenty of mysteries abound this setting.
JamJackEvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-09, 00:31   Link #133
Graveyard Duck
Bag Giver

Quote:
Originally Posted by normp571 View Post
I think I know why the Scouting Legion is still allowed to exist. It not only serves as the "hope of humanity" but also serves as population control since resources are probably dwindling.
You're wrong. It is utterly ineffective for population control because:

1. the members would first want to join the military;
2. the members have to go through 3 years of training, during which they are being fed and clothed at the government's expense, with a high rate of dropout during training; and
3. the members would have to choose the survey corps.

There are far too many obstacles for the survey corps to act as an effective population control mechanism.

At best, the survey corps acts as a catharsis for dissent: Instead of turning their attention to the ruling class, they are instead channeled toward taking territories from the titans.
Old 2013-09-09, 00:39   Link #134
Hmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byakou View Post
Past or future doesn't really matter.
Since, the society in the story resemble medieval Europe, their behavior should resemble one as well.
It's not like they have supermarket where you can buy food and leave it in a fridge for your kid while you go to work. Someone have to stay home looking after them. Hell, it doesn't look like they even have a school. (Look at Eren and Mikasa in Episode 1)
Hmm.... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-09, 02:27   Link #135
larethian

PETRAAAAA!!! T_T

Quote:
Originally Posted by lateraldeath View Post
Ok so is the badge that Levi gave to Dieter really Ivan's? I think that's the badge he actually picked up from Petra's body earlier. If so that's just so sad, he gave up his only memento of her like that...
It is Petra's. There's a scene earlier showing Levi retrieving the badge (even though her face wasn't shown).
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-09, 04:01   Link #136
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Oh, dat Levi. Well, it just shows how Levi's experience gives him an edge that Mikasa doesn't have yet. He's able to adjust and adapt to situations and choose the best approaches, while Mikasa is used to more of just using her power to overcome things, but it's clear this won't solve things so she could learn a lot from Levi. The main problem is will she be in such a mood when Eren is like that and she can't do anything else for him no matter how much she tries.

Meanwhile, Eren's morale has dropped, as he once again thinks that Mikasa saved him at the expense of everyone else. Why is that he gets to live while others that deserve just as much get tossed away like nothing?

And of course, victory is glorious, but when you come back with nothing in hand but people that won't return, you have nothing to say. Naturally that's just something to hang on to a heavy heart that Levi no doubt carries.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-09, 07:49   Link #137
Veviticus

That guy doesn't deserve petra's badge dammit. He disobeyed orders, put the entire team in danger and as a result of this, lead to the dumping of the bodies. The memories will always stay in our mind yeah, but that badge was the last remaining proof of that memory of petra in the recon corps.
Old 2013-09-09, 11:05   Link #138
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:
That is really crazy. She killed a bunch of people and u want her to win?

And what ? we don't know what the hell is going in on & who's bad or good yet.
+ She didn't mean to kill them at first but she had to def.
I think things will be more interesting to give Eren cuz crying & raging won't get things done... srly his character is getting worse..
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-09, 11:15   Link #139
Haigon

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
And what ? we don't know what the hell is going in on & who's bad or good yet.
+ She didn't mean to kill them at first but she had to def.
I think things will be more interesting to give Eren cuz crying & raging won't get things done... srly his character is getting worse..
She brings a shiton of Titans to the right flank, she had intent to kill.
Haigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-09, 11:59   Link #140
kitten320

Soldiers were in her way, she needed to distract them otherwise they all would attack her.

Besides it could be unintentional. When Eren transformed, he attracted a lot of titans that tried to devour him. It could be that they are attracted to titan-shifters.