AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-14, 15:40   Link #3081
Marion
The Great Dine

North Wind and Sun is mentioned around that time, but Virgilia only talks about it after the 4-6th twilights
Old 2009-10-14, 15:54   Link #3082
Volcanic
fire of fires

HIDEYOSHI. Okay just darn it Ryukishi, we all think he's awesome give him some character development already D8<

This episode kinda felt...rushed, even though it only covered a chapter. Did anyone agree? You could still feel the emotion, but definitely not as hard...
Old 2009-10-14, 15:58   Link #3083
MarthX

Everything is rushed compared to the VN which has a pace of a slug.
Old 2009-10-14, 16:00   Link #3084
Workworkwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcanic View Post
HIDEYOSHI. Okay just darn it Ryukishi, we all think he's awesome give him some character development already D8<

This episode kinda felt...rushed, even though it only covered a chapter. Did anyone agree? You could still feel the emotion, but definitely not as hard...
Indeed it was rushed.

Also, I think I mixed up which spoilers were for which EPs a second there. I was referring to what happens in EP4, when Beato forces her trollface. Not to mention her hesitation to bust out the trollface when Battler was in tears in Witch's Illusion.

I hope they keep that hesitation in. Then again, with everything else happening in that episode...

Quote:
Everything is rushed compared to the VN which has a pace of a slug.
That just seems like an outright insult of the SN.
Old 2009-10-14, 16:04   Link #3085
Marion
The Great Dine

Hey guys, not to nitpick but can you all stop saying you're worried about North Wind and Sun talk in the episode thread, you might make the anime viewers suspicious

Honestly, we saw the talk in the VN too and 90% of us were still tricked, so honestly I think it's worrying over nothing.
Old 2009-10-14, 16:04   Link #3086
MarthX

I greatly enjoy the VN but you have to admit that the pace is slow. But the slow pace helps build emotion. I think you're crazy to expect the anime to do emotion as well because it can't afford to have a pace that slow. The series would be over 100 episodes and it would take multiple episodes for anything to happen.
Old 2009-10-14, 16:07   Link #3087
Kitsu
The unlucky one

I agree with MarthX
but I have to say....

You guys, should stop writing your complains about the Nortwind Strategy into the Episode thread because it only shows how important that is and might make a few anime watchers suspicious
Old 2009-10-14, 16:07   Link #3088
Antera Caramichael
French Maid

And it would be rather boring don't you think?^^

Edit, I agree with you Kitsu, the only fact of underlining it in the Episode threat only attract the attention of the non-vn players...
Old 2009-10-14, 16:07   Link #3089
MarthX

I agree. I think it would be best to not mention it at all. The more you bring it up, the more obvious you make it that it's important.

I recommend editing any posts and deleting any mention of it.
Old 2009-10-14, 16:10   Link #3090
Antera Caramichael
French Maid

Well discussing about it in this thread is I think ok since it is a thread made for us VN players, but when I read it in the Episode threat, it sure can bring questions about the importance of this scene.
Old 2009-10-14, 16:18   Link #3091
Workworkwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarthX View Post
I greatly enjoy the VN but you have to admit that the pace is slow. But the slow pace helps build emotion. I think you're crazy to expect the anime to do emotion as well because it can't afford to have a pace that slow. The series would be over 100 episodes and it would take multiple episodes for anything to happen.
100 episodes? I'm only thinking about half of that. 50-ish episodes would be more than enough to really get the emotion from the SN into the anime. Or at least less arcs per season. Personally, I was hoping for 2 arcs a season.
Old 2009-10-14, 16:22   Link #3092
MarthX

I was including the inevitable Chiru.

2 arcs per season would've been nice but that's not how it is, so you shouldn't expect a 2 arc pace for 26 episodes. Expecting something that's impossible is asking for disappointment.

The slower this episode is paced, the more rushed future ones will be. It's a good thing this episode wasn't too slow or do you really want the finale of Banquet to be super rushed?
Old 2009-10-14, 16:25   Link #3093
Workworkwork

Quote:

2 arcs per season would've been nice but that's not how it is, so you shouldn't expect a 2 arc pace for 26 episodes. Expecting something that's impossible is asking for disappointment.

The slower this episode is paced, the more rushed future ones will be. It's a good thing this episode wasn't too slow or do you really want the finale of Banquet to be super rushed?
It seems rushed already, since "TRUEMAGIC-WEBOFRED-ILIKEYOUBEATRICE-SURPRISEIWASEVILALLALONG-I'MLAMBDAANDIOWNYOUPUNK" are all in one episode, according to the summaries.
Old 2009-10-14, 16:28   Link #3094
MarthX

Then it would have been even worse. You have to think of the consequences. If 13 and 15 weren't so slow then the finale would have been less rushed. Of course, that would have meant things being shortened or skipped. Sacrifices have to be made since DEEN chose to do 4 arcs this season.
Old 2009-10-14, 16:28   Link #3095
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:

Next episode will most likely be rushed. I wonder at what point will it end? I'd think they end on Eva shooting Jessica or Evatrice confronting Nanjo for a good cliffhanger.
Old 2009-10-14, 16:28   Link #3096
Antera Caramichael
French Maid

The Only thing I want is a Final Tea Party in an entire Episode PLEASE DEEEEEEEN
Old 2009-10-14, 16:34   Link #3097
Workworkwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antera Caramichael View Post
The Only thing I want is a Final Tea Party in an entire Episode PLEASE DEEEEEEEN
Do you mean EP4's tea parties?

If so, that's asking for way too much. I fully expect them to be in the second half of Episode 26, with Piece-Battler's little exploration adventure before the commercial break at most.

As for other cuts beforehand, I say Maria and Sakutarou's adventures, as well as the meaning of "Uu" will be cut. Things like that don't actually have a bearing on what happens, so it's inevitable they will be sacrificed.
Old 2009-10-14, 16:36   Link #3098
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Quote:
as well as the meaning of "Uu" will be cut.
Let them do that and watch me rage and scream my head off. That is the freaking essential and most saddest part about Maria...if they cut it, then they could have cutted the "uu" as well
Old 2009-10-14, 16:38   Link #3099
Workworkwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsu View Post
Let them do that and watch me rage and scream my head off. That is the freaking essential and most saddest part about Maria...if they cut it, then they could have cutted the "uu" as well
It's not like it was actually important, riiiiiiiiight? You can't forget that it was part of an inner narration, and you know how those have been treated so far!

They'll just show Kasumi tearing up Maria's diary, Ange being upset, and WOAHSTAKESEVERYWHERE.
Old 2009-10-14, 16:40   Link #3100
Antera Caramichael
French Maid

Indeed, this part is actually what makes us understand practically everything about Maria's behavior...
What I expect about the last Episode is more something like 1/4 of Battler's Exploration, 1/4 of the first part of the battle (Dreamend) with the commercial when Beatrice is pierced and then the second half with the real Battle (i think they will add some things like this Episode where we learn about Battler's mother)
Closed Thread