AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Old 2010-09-14, 05:58   Link #481
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I expect chaos on 2ch and 4ch within the next few hours.

Well more than the usual anyway.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 07:57   Link #482
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

http://yunakiti.blog79.fc2.com/blog-entry-6495.html

A look into the K-On!! Volume 3 Blu-Ray package(covering episode 7 to 9), besides introducing more 3-2 classmates, includes a huge poster of Ritsu undressing, and those really bad Mio stickers that appeared in episode 7 of season 2.

Also, Mugi's cassette tape has to be the most spiffy so far.

Source updated:
Houkago TeaTime 2 Album confirmed for an late October release.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...-cassette-tape

Last edited by winhlp32; 2010-09-14 at 15:59.
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 10:52   Link #483
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
That is because Ritsu is the Genki girl of the group. Her energy fits nicely into the song though the energy could be better used for playing with Mio in front of Mugi, and earning some cash while at it..

I doubt I would want to go karaoke with Azunyan. I'd die of moe overload.
Azunyan would be competing against you for high score (over-achiever mode).
Old 2010-09-15, 11:50   Link #484
lelouch5203

do u guys think will release k on!!! ?? hehe^^ i really like this anime..
lelouch5203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 15:03   Link #485
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by lelouch5203 View Post
do u guys think will release k on!!! ?? hehe^^ i really like this anime..
Come again . . . what are you asking, exactly? If you're asking whether the second season will be picked up by an American anime licensing/distribution company like the first season was . . . the answer is "Probably. Depends on how the first one sells, whenever they actually release the dub."
Old 2010-09-15, 16:40   Link #486
Chocolate Pocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMT View Post
Come again . . . what are you asking, exactly? If you're asking whether the second season will be picked up by an American anime licensing/distribution company like the first season was . . . the answer is "Probably. Depends on how the first one sells, whenever they actually release the dub."
I think he/she is asking if there's gonna be a third season.
Old 2010-09-15, 20:12   Link #487
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

If they follow the girls into college, they'd probably call the series HTT: University! or some such nonsense. Its still "light music" (keion) but they'll probably want to differentiate it from the high school club of that name.
Old 2010-09-15, 20:29   Link #488
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by vexx View Post
if they follow the girls into college, they'd probably call the series htt: University! Or some such nonsense. Its still "light music" (keion) but they'll probably want to differentiate it from the high school club of that name.
lets go season 3!
Afternoon Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 23:02   Link #489
User114189
Disabled By Request

Hoping for a season 3, mostly because I didn't like the ending all that well. :P It probably wouldn't be as good as the first two, but that's just my opinion...
User114189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 23:16   Link #490
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenpandaman View Post
Hoping for a season 3, mostly because I didn't like the ending all that well. :P It probably wouldn't be as good as the first two, but that's just my opinion...
If there was a third season i would like that season to be more like Season 1 and more about music stuff, I still love season 2 though
Afternoon Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 23:36   Link #491
WBoon
Smile, like HTT Girls
*Author

Send a message via MSN to WBoon
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnAwesomee View Post
If there was a third season i would like that season to be more like Season 1
Likewise, but can't agree with the music stuff. The music stuff is great, but I hope that S3 would return to the more warmhearted feel of S1 than the all-out-cutesy feel of S2. I think the problem was that the guys at KyoAni added their own slice-of-life feel to S1 when the manga is suppose to be the all-out-cutesy like S2 has become. Probably never going to happen, but if KyoAni derive away from that atmosphere (ignoring the pointless 4kome elements of the manga) and just emphasize on that warmhearted feel of S1, S3 would be awesome.

So, ironically, unlike FMA and Kanon, being less true to the adaptation in a potential S3 would make it work better.
WBoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-16, 02:47   Link #492
Jimbasushi

Send a message via AIM to Jimbasushi
Come on Season 3, in college!!!!
Jimbasushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-16, 20:00   Link #493
Moogie
quick scopes anyone?

now that the season is ended. (well after the two episodes) K-on will be off the current series forums. *Cries* THEY NEED A SEASON 3!!!!!!!! I don't know how I'll be able to live life anymore! (I'm serious I probably will be depressed for the rest of my life.)
Moogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-16, 20:14   Link #494
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Me as well...although on a different note...K-ON always has a special place in my heart...

3 things can happen:
1. Some otaku goes to blackmail kakifly and produce manga material for S3
2. FanFiction will continue the legacy. XD
3. KyoAni will make OVAs of K-ON for life.
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-16, 20:16   Link #495
Moogie
quick scopes anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
Me as well...although on a different note...K-ON always has a special place in my heart...

3 things can happen:
after the 26th and 27th episode, the next ova won't come out i think until march 2011
Old 2010-09-16, 20:29   Link #496
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

I always get a bit nervous when people clamor for a third season of this show. I mean, how many episodes of cute hijinks can one make before it starts to get repetitive? I mean, yes, there's the Azusa continues the legacy of the Sakura High Light Music Club, and that looks like it's going to be good for one bonus episode . . . but what happens after that? Does the show writing staff do the edgy thing and let the girls of HTT fade into history? Or do the original four make so many "guest appearances" that they completely steal the spotlight? Or perhaps they follow the original four into college. Will they do a believable rendition of the girls in college? Or will they bow to the terrible will of the otaku and make it just like the girls in high school; only they're in college? And what happens to Azusa and whatever band she cobbles together?

I'd like to think that a third season could be really well done, but I'm also very much afraid that such an endeavour stands an excellent chance of being done just to milk the cash cow.

So, as sad as I'll be to see K-ON!! go; I'm of the opinion that, perhaps, it's better to go out on top.
Old 2010-09-16, 20:32   Link #497
white wing
degausser
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post

3 things can happen:
chances that blackmail will indeed make kakifly produce material for s3 but it will be shit like all episodes are just fillers, i honestly think this is enough @_@

i even think s2 has too much fillers already
and actually what i'd like too see aside from htt in college is the next keionbu, with azusa and new members, i'd really like to see that
white wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-16, 20:43   Link #498
Moogie
quick scopes anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by white wing View Post
chances that blackmail will indeed make kakifly produce material for s3 but it will be shit like all episodes are just fillers, i honestly think this is enough @_@

i even think s2 has too much fillers already
and actually what i'd like too see aside from htt in college is the next keionbu, with azusa and new members, i'd really like to see that
The fillers are what makes up k-on. These fillers are the best.
Old 2010-09-16, 20:50   Link #499
GreatTeacherKen

Filler only applies to series with a myth arc like One Piece, Bleach, etc since it's defined as stuff that doesn't advance the plot, characterization, setting in any way, in other words, it can be easily removed without influencing the story at all.

But K-On!, most slice of life, and episodic series, lack a myth arc so using the word filler doesn't really make sense and is arguably missing the point.
GreatTeacherKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-16, 20:59   Link #500
Hunter_of_Chaos
Revenant of Moenizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatTeacherKen View Post
Filler only applies to series with a myth arc like One Piece, Bleach, etc since it's defined as stuff that doesn't advance the plot, characterization, setting in any way, in other words, it can be easily removed without influencing the story at all.

But K-On!, most slice of life, and episodic series, lack a myth arc so using the word filler doesn't really make sense and is arguably missing the point.
I agree. K-ON! is not truly suitable to get any filler episodes. Such an attempt would most likely perish its original feel. Strangely enough, many of the new K-ON! fans in my country looks desperate begging for K-ON!!! (S3). I guess because these guys are all B.O.N-tards (B.O.N stands for "Bleach, OnePiece, Naruto"). These 3 had so many episodes (over 100 eps), and they're (probably) the most popular series in my country as manga series and TV anime series.

It might be a little out of topic, but nothing can surpass K-ON!'s popularity! Am I right?
Hunter_of_Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
seinen