AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Notices

View Poll Results: Kimi ga Nozomu Eien ~Next Season~ - episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 10 14.71%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 14.71%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 22.06%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 14.71%
6 out of 10 : Average 13 19.12%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.47%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.47%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.47%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.47%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 8.82%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-12-20, 12:02   Link #1
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Kimi ga Nozomu Eien ~Next Season~ - episode 1 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Kimi ga Nozomu Eien ~Next Season~, Episode 1.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2007-12-20, 16:20   Link #2
CJL13
God of his own ego

THis is gonna be hypocritical but.
Spoiler:
Old 2007-12-20, 16:28   Link #3
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

Wow. nice. Being a Haruka fan this is gonna be a treat for me. Question for the mods, are you going to pull this back into recent animes while the OVAs are released?
Old 2007-12-20, 16:34   Link #4
CJL13
God of his own ego

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeedFreedom View Post
Wow. nice. Being a Haruka fan this is gonna be a treat for me. Question for the mods, are you going to pull this back into recent animes while the OVAs are released?
Doubt it. We have this, one in February and one in April, too much back and forth.
Old 2007-12-20, 17:54   Link #5
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Screenshots of ep. 1 courtesy of Random Curiosity. Look at it at your own risk!
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2007-12-20, 18:23   Link #6
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-12-20, 22:24   Link #7
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Well, I didn't find the animation very pleasing, and I did feel as if it was a bit slow, but overall it gave me a good hit of KgNE goodness -- or should I say melancholy.
Spoiler for ep1:
I don't think I should have to use a spoiler in this post, but I did anyway, just in case people who haven't seen the raw or can't understand Japanese might want it.

It would be reasonable to see differences in animation between this show and the original: the studio and staff are quite different. The original was from Studio Fantasia, with Watanabe Tetsuya as director and Kikuchi Yoko as "main animation director" and character designer. This new one is from Brains Base, with Takayama Hideki directing, and different names credited for animation and character design.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-12-20 at 22:47.
Old 2007-12-21, 01:19   Link #8
tun
lolwut
*Fansubber

Spoiler:
Old 2007-12-21, 01:41   Link #9
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Although this OVA starts on a rather shaky ground (meaning we don't get an explaination on what led him to meet Haruka at the hospital ...unless some past events are assumed to have never happened/altered), i was fairly pleased with what i got. It was slow paced and very Haruka centric, but that much was expected and i wouldn't have it any other way. I am surprised Takayuki seems so clear-cut about his intentions this time, even though Mitsuki's shadow is still haunting him. Rather surprisingly decisive .... oh well, seems he has learned his lesson not to be late as well.

As i have been expecting, it doesn't look like the romance will be the driving force behind the drama - but rather Haruka's insecurities and coping with the situation and her feeling that she is being a burden on Takayuki. (Possibly some "guilt" that she is "taking him away" from Mistuki () as well).

Though nothing spectacular, a decent buildup for the new issues to be solved and i enjoyed the episode, even if i think Haruka could have done without her doubts ... but then it wouldn't be Haruka i guess. And now, the wait is going to kill me.
Old 2007-12-21, 01:45   Link #10
tun
lolwut
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
I am surprised Takayuki seems so clear-cut about his intentions this time
Another reason why this OVA is simply pandering bs. It's ok to completely change a main character's personality as long as we can give the fans what they want.
Old 2007-12-21, 04:49   Link #11
rg4619

Quote:
This is so disappointing. This OVA is garbage and it cheapens the master piece that the original series was. They didn't even start off the episode with explaining how Takayuki ended up.......
While I haven't seen this, you're making a big deal out of nothing. The makers didn't explain anything because it's an after-story to another game ending, which already shows what happened. This is not a sequel to the original anime.

As for the pandering, so what? In this market, there're countless drama CDs, fan disks (which may include after-stories for different endings), novels, and other types of merchandise. ~Next Season~ (and the original anime for that matter) is just another example. If you don't like the Haruka ending, you're welcome to pass on any products directly related to it.

Last edited by rg4619; 2007-12-21 at 05:45.
Old 2007-12-21, 12:44   Link #12
tun
lolwut
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by rg4619 View Post
While I haven't seen this
Then don't say anything.
Old 2007-12-21, 13:02   Link #13
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Spoiler:

Last edited by Xellos-_^; 2007-12-21 at 13:53.
Old 2007-12-21, 13:50   Link #14
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

A question to all you "disappointed people" ... i am kinda intrigued. Just what exactly were you expecting when a "Haruke route OVA" was announced? From the reaction of some people here one would think this thing suddenly sneaked up on us and hit us on the blind side
Old 2007-12-21, 13:55   Link #15
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
A question to all you "disappointed people" ... i am kinda intrigued. Just what exactly were you expecting when a "Haruke route OVA" was announced? From the reaction of some people here one would think this thing suddenly sneaked up on us and hit us on the blind side
I was expecting a remake form Haruka's route. Meaning the anime would start when Haruka first woke up form the coma. Instead of a Ep15 form after the haruka route is chosen.
Old 2007-12-21, 14:02   Link #16
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
I was expecting a remake form Haruka's route. Meaning the anime would start when Haruka first woke up form the coma. Instead of a Ep15 form after the haruka route is chosen.
Same. I expected to know the process in which haruka managed to walk on her own two legs again. In the TV series we saw agony as a driving force so I want to see what drove her in this alternate path.

It feels cheap to be missing out on the development. Though perhaps if they did show how mitsuki was used then discarded - fans would be in an uproar ^^

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-12-21, 14:10   Link #17
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Same. I expected to know the process in which haruka managed to walk on her own two legs again. In the TV series we saw agony as a driving force so I want to see what drove her in this alternate path.

It feels cheap to be missing out on the development. Though perhaps if they did show how mitsuki was used then discarded - fans would be in an uproar ^^

*glance over at stock pile of pitchfork and boiling pitch
Never happen, we are all reasonable people
Old 2007-12-21, 14:14   Link #18
eMpTy265
<unranked>

Quote:

Considering how the OVA is named 'next season', I was somewhat expecting a continuation / divergence from the TV series at around ep.13-ish
(Basically at the point where Takayuki had not said goodbye to Haruka....)

Right now, I'm finding it hard to relate to the 'next season', even though I've played through the game. It just seems too weird to have Takayuki with Haruka even though they finally said their farewells in the TV series...

Hopefully they'll patch it up somehow... (though at the same time I would dread recaps of past events >< )
Old 2007-12-21, 14:41   Link #19
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

... it has been ages that these OVA will be around Haruka, and what would actually happen if Takayuki aims for Haruka.
Remember that japanese can use engrish like any plot device, and that "next season" doesn't have anything to do with the content.

It was announced as "haruka's route" on age site since... well the announcement, so no surprise.

And considering it is an OVA, I don't exactly get why they should actually redo things the audience obviously know.
It isn't anything like a series you know, so budget and time constraints are even more pushy here. I would believe it would be quite slower if they try to reinsert the "common starting point" and stuff.
Old 2007-12-21, 14:50   Link #20
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Well, the "~Next Season~" , while indicates a sense of continuation, appears to be nothing like that, and seems more like a parallel universe instead. So just treat it that way - same universe setting, but not the same. Don't get so focused on the label (which can mean anything)- watch the story instead the way the writer wanted it to be, instead of what you expected it to be. It seems to me that people are claiming this to be bad simply because it is not what they had assumed it has to be, not because it is actually bad in itself.

The way we saw Mitsuki's and Taka's past relationship makes me doubt even that is the same in this universe - we saw her supporting him, but we didn't see anything indicating they had a relationship. So for all we know this isn't even following the same events - just similar ones. Don't get so caught up in the somewhat misleading title that you condemn the show because of it - we were never promised a continuation, just a "Haruka route" ... just because you interpreted that wrong doesn't mean the story is bad.