AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2008-03-13, 18:01   Link #1841
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamoflife View Post
That's what I was thinking too, although I guess you could argue that Haruhi hadn't noticed the whole Yuki thing yet if you really wanted. Besides a few mentions in Endless Eight, he really only starts paying a large amount of attention to Yuki after Disappearance, iirc.

Re: Emiri: I'd vote for something simple like Eric, long names tend to look sort of silly once Engrishified.
Ericu? Doesn't sound too bad.

More suggestions?
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 18:02   Link #1842
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Haruhi really became a lead character in name after novel vol.4. If anything, Nagato carries a very heavy weight since Disappearance and this trend has continued. By relative role and weight, Nagato is second to Koizumi, and then it's Haruhi with Asahina behind all of them.

きみどり えみり is all in Hiragana. As such, I oppose even changing that since it is typically Kanatana that would indicate loanword, such as 'Emily'.
*and Kanji is 喜緑 江美里

(it is true that Haruhi's at the heart of those events, and yes, Kyon is not moving in terms of importance. Although I see Haruhi's active role as a bit marginalized.)

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 18:04   Link #1843
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
Haruhi really became a lead character in name after novel vol.4. If anything, Nagato carries a very heavy weight since Disappearance and this trend has continued. By relative role and weight, Nagato is second to Koizumi, and then it's Haruhi with Asahina behind all of them.
Not really. Haruhi's still the reason why every event occurs, though she doesn't cause all of them.

I'd say Kyon is the most important in weight and role though.

Edit: Changing Kimidori's name is mostly for the reasons that dkellis keeps stating, about how giving the characters different first names helps us identify them differently.

Edit edit: WHY does this topic slow down when I don't want it to but speed up when I do?

DESPAIR.

Edit edit edit: I see you all viewing this topic... all 31 of you... post dammit!

Last edited by Tyabann; 2008-03-13 at 18:16.
Old 2008-03-13, 18:18   Link #1844
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
hello all 31 of you

but yes, i like Ericu, better then the previous.
Old 2008-03-13, 18:30   Link #1845
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Edit edit edit: I see you all viewing this topic... all 31 of you... post dammit!
How can guests post?
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 18:35   Link #1846
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
How can guests post?
They should register and then post.
Old 2008-03-13, 18:42   Link #1847
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Ericu? Doesn't sound too bad.

More suggestions?
Emori. From some source, it says it's a male Japanese name, and it involved minimal switching of names.
Old 2008-03-13, 18:43   Link #1848
Ayanokoji

I'm playing Suzumiya Haruhi no Tomadoi, and THANK YOU BANPRESTO FOR THIS WONDERFULL GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LUVIN' IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, back to topic, I was thinking... I still think that Kyon is more suited for the victim part than Mitsuru, but... if Haruki has things for Kyon (like Haruhi did for Kyon), then, there is no way that Haruki uses her for "mikuru" propose, right???
Ayanokoji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 18:43   Link #1849
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

still reading chapter 1:

hmmm....NFL?

not that popular in Japan you know.

would of been better putting J-league football reference. (go Gamba Osaka!!)
Old 2008-03-13, 18:46   Link #1850
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

I think Kyon could pull some of the Asahina duties, but the 'fanservice' factor with a Shota in a bunny suit/maid getup/Chippendale is just too great comparing to the flat and 'uninteresting' Kyon, so it's all good... Suzumiya will enjoy dolling up Asahina as Kyon laments about that kind of treatment for the poor fellow, as she sips her tea.

It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2008-03-13, 18:52   Link #1851
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
still reading chapter 1:

hmmm....NFL?

Or baseball. (Go Giants!)
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 18:53   Link #1852
cicero

Hey, hey. I posted...(20 pages ago...*cough*)
I was going to do the first part of "Wandering Shadow" but then real life came in and made me delay that until...tonight I think. It was enough work just keeping up with this ridiculously fast growing thread (which gains more pages as I'm reading the previous pages to try and catch up).
Anyway, I'm still not entirely sure how this works. Kaisos is writing all of it? Then what happens to what the rest of us write? Not that I'd mind editing, but it seems a waste of willing minds.
cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 18:59   Link #1853
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

@cicero: head to http://www.baka-tsuki.net/forums/ and get registered. The effort will be coordinated through Wiki system provided by Baka-Tsuki's established framework so it's not going to be all over the place.

Old 2008-03-13, 19:04   Link #1854
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

This thread is moving entirely too fast!! I keep coming to the end of the page and two more show up! (and I have the 40 post option on! )

Anyway, for male Emri's name I like Emiya, as in Shirou Emiya.

Keep the headband and hair pull-back. If it works for Kazuma Azuma, then it'd work for Haruki!

CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 19:07   Link #1855
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
still reading chapter 1:

hmmm....NFL?

Well, what's that league called? I can change it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cicero View Post
Hey, hey. I posted...(20 pages ago...*cough*)
I was going to do the first part of "Wandering Shadow" but then real life came in and made me delay that until...tonight I think. It was enough work just keeping up with this ridiculously fast growing thread (which gains more pages as I'm reading the previous pages to try and catch up).
Anyway, I'm still not entirely sure how this works. Kaisos is writing all of it? Then what happens to what the rest of us write? Not that I'd mind editing, but it seems a waste of willing minds.
Um, well, I was going to write it, but use all of the ideas that come up here.

This is why we need to come to a consensus on a lot of things.

Emori and Ericu seem to be the best ones so far, any others?
Old 2008-03-13, 19:08   Link #1856
Pas1990
Desu

Hello people O:

I pretty much only registered to ask Kang Seung Jae for that NSFW picture >.>;;

But apart from that, I've been *trying* to lurk this thread. It's moving so damn fast, very difficult to keep up with dial-up.

I must say this is an interesting project, and I've made a thread just like this to keep people on another forum updated with stuff going on here.

Other than that, I plan on drawing kyonko in the near future, I'll post it here when I'm done xD

Keep it up, the eyes of thousands are on you ಠ_ಠ
Pas1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 19:09   Link #1857
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
Or baseball. (Go Giants!)
Baseball or (Real) Football is fine.

At leased it's better then NFL.

And oh, "Emori" has to be it!

Hit it right on the ball

Cicero after registering at the forum and user group, head to:

http://www.baka-tsuki.net/project/in...istration_Page

to register the chapter you wish to edit.

At the moment we still hammering out the agreed character gender reversed name spellings.

But frankly you can just write it all out and just wait for everybody to get the guidelines in check, then blitz though it all, standardizing it all to an professional gleam. <--loves that part!
Old 2008-03-13, 19:11   Link #1858
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Baseball or (Real) Football is fine.

At leased it's better then NFL.

And oh, "Emori" has to be it!

Hit it right on the ball

Cicero after registering at the forum and user group, head to:

http://www.baka-tsuki.net/project/in...istration_Page

to register the chapter you wish to edit.

At the moment we still hammering out the agreed character gender reversed name spellings.

But frankly you can just write it all out and just wait for everybody to get the guidelines in check, then blitz though it all, standardizing it all to an professional gleam. <--loves that part!
Just like to point out that each person has a particular style of writing... having multiple people do it is going to cause certain issues.

Besides, I'd rather we do it in order rather than choose random chapters, so we can see how the story will change as a result.
Old 2008-03-13, 19:24   Link #1859
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Regarding Yuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Haruhi doesn't seem to view Yuki as a threat to her attention to Kyon.
Incorrect. In fact she probably(rightfully so) considers Yuki more dangerious than Mikuru. Mikuru has shown constant fear of drawing Haruhi's wraith, so Haruhi probably feels that she can give her an angry eye, and keep her away from Kyon(as she did in one of the shorts story when Mikuru had Kyon making sure some future events happened).

Haruhi is more concerned about Yuki, because she knows she doesn't have as much control over her as Kyon does (Lone Island Syndrome, Yuki opens the door for Kyon, not Haruhi). From Haruhi's POV, she knows she can't just make evil eye at Yuki put her into submission, and she frankly has no idea what else she's supposed to do.

Notice that Haruhi demands to know whats going on between Yuki and Kyon, but not Mikuru at the snow mansion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamoflife View Post
That's what I was thinking too, although I guess you could argue that Haruhi hadn't noticed the whole Yuki thing yet if you really wanted. Besides a few mentions in Endless Eight, he really only starts paying a large amount of attention to Yuki after Disappearance, iirc.

Re: Emiri: I'd vote for something simple like Eric, long names tend to look sort of silly once Engrishified.
And that's enough to make Haruhi nervous. Also, we don't exactly know what Haruhi's reaction was when she found Kyon with that Cardigan on, in some day in the rain. I can't imagine she was particularly pleased.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 19:24   Link #1860
cicero

Yeah I registered for that cult (heh...) yesterday. I'm just waiting for approval or something.
Re: Kaisos
Well, that's why I was gunning for Wandering Shadow, since it seems dreamoflife was going to do Editor in Chief, and those two combined make up vol. 8.

Er, I'm not too confident on my writing, so I was thinking of doing a section and then posting for feedback. Would that work better here or over in B-T?
cicero is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
genderbender, seitenkan