AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-06, 12:24   Link #1361
Shadow5YA

Who usually translates Railgun?
Old 2010-10-06, 15:53   Link #1362
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

4chan anon(s).
Old 2010-10-08, 11:34   Link #1363
Shadow5YA

So that means that Railgun may or may not get translated at all?
Old 2010-10-08, 12:01   Link #1364
tsunade666

not at all because 4chan people are dedicated even though we usually play around and turn the thread into crap -_-
Old 2010-10-08, 12:42   Link #1365
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Dude, Seven Seas has the license. Wait for their translations.
Old 2010-10-09, 12:04   Link #1366
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
No, the translatin and proofreading is done, but none of the scanlators like the current raw so they're waiting for a better one. /a/ fans are dedicated if nothing else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
Dude, Seven Seas has the license. Wait for their translations.
lol. They won't get to this for like, 2-3 years.
Old 2010-10-09, 17:17   Link #1367
RPNS

Any one willing to Pm me the links for this one.

On another note it is truly amazing to see the contraste between both To Aru manga's, hopefully this one will not skip entire chapters like the other one :P.
Old 2010-10-09, 19:19   Link #1368
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

How would they skip arcs? This is not based on a light novel.
Old 2010-10-10, 10:59   Link #1369
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
How would they skip arcs? This is not based on a light novel.
Technically it is since most of the events of Railgun happen at the same time in Index and related to one and another.
Old 2010-10-10, 11:13   Link #1370
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Either way, you can't skip what doesn't exist.
Old 2010-10-10, 17:31   Link #1371
Pyromania

In theory, Railgun could skip things like the fake 'date' or the events of Daihasei and so on, but yeah as a side story it is allowed to do whatever it wants pretty much.

And my understanding of why there is no translated ch35 is because there just isn't a good quality scan available. There was a translation running around somewhere...
Old 2010-10-12, 11:46   Link #1372
addiC

scans for chpt 35 is out yay!
Old 2010-10-12, 12:42   Link #1373
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Just read it recently.
Spoiler for c35:
Old 2010-10-12, 12:48   Link #1374
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by addiC View Post
scans for chpt 35 is out yay!
this new chapter somehow get to my nerve...sorry for Touma fans out side this wall world, but he's like a dog barking for nothing (offcourse we know he can do something later) but for Mikoto, the spiky haired dork really annoying.

He didn't even understand Mikoto feelings yet try to sound idealist. Just like Real World leader in UN and their vermin.

And I think Mikoto should strike this Mane-Headed-Pig with more than one Thunderbolt that can blackout the entire Academy City.

Go Thundere-chan, Electrocuted him with all you've got

oh btw
If I'm in Mikoto shoes, I'll kill him in 1st page and have him dead in the 3rd page already
I like killing human after all
Sorry for being a dictator follower and a killer

@Terrorist-bro
hmm.. I don't think so...TouPig (Touma+Pig) didn't look manly, more like a Dog barking to me

Last edited by surerman; 2010-10-12 at 13:12.
Old 2010-10-12, 13:00   Link #1375
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
PS: Touma was very manly at the end of chp35! [/SPOILER]
For Accelerator eyes, Touma always will be manly and fearsome.
Old 2010-10-12, 13:25   Link #1376
Shadow5YA

This is Mikoto's story. Even though this is still a third-person point of view, there are still some subtle differences that show this is throw Mikoto's perspective. For example, Accelerator looks even worse than he did in Index. Touma looks GAR when he's pissed about to fight Accelerator. He was also more endearing with that pat on the head.
Old 2010-10-12, 13:45   Link #1377
Ashaman

Ah, Touma.... BadAss to the extreme in Railgun.
Old 2010-10-12, 13:51   Link #1378
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
This is Mikoto's story. Even though this is still a third-person point of view, there are still some subtle differences that show this is throw Mikoto's perspective. For example, Accelerator looks even worse than he did in Index. Touma looks GAR when he's pissed about to fight Accelerator. He was also more endearing with that pat on the head.
The anime toned down Accelerator's parts (Imouto's finger ), even the blood Touma shed was inexistent, I hope there won't be censoring on the second season.

P.S.: Touma is GAR, always.
Old 2010-10-12, 14:15   Link #1379
zaeraal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
The anime toned down Accelerator's parts (Imouto's finger ), even the blood Touma shed was inexistent, I hope there won't be censoring on the second season.
Well if you mean second season of railgun, they will certainly not add there any bloody scenes, because railgun is one of those lighter animes. But i am starting to think they will not make second season at all.
Railgun anime 1st season was made as action/supernatural/moe story with 4 main characters. But the whole sisters arc, contain action/bloody/psychological scenes with ONLY 1 main character (the others have cameo every 10 chapters). I absolutely dont understand why autor did this and completly exluded those 3 other characters (kurkoko, uiharu, saten). Misaka didnt had any problems abandoning them, like she didnt cared about them at all, decided to go die without any concern about her friends, i am really thinking now what will autor do next? replace them with other characters? So until jcstaff dont decide to change genre and main cast, they will not animate it.

PS: maybe the daihasei will bing hopes back with some decent story that can get animated.
Old 2010-10-12, 14:35   Link #1380
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
Railgun anime 1st season was made as action/supernatural/moe story with 4 main characters. But the whole sisters arc, contain action/bloody/psychological scenes with ONLY 1 main character (the others have cameo every 10 chapters). I absolutely dont understand why autor did this and completly exluded those 3 other characters (kurkoko, uiharu, saten). Misaka didnt had any problems abandoning them, like she didnt cared about them at all, decided to go die without any concern about her friends, i am really thinking now what will autor do next? replace them with other characters? So until jcstaff dont decide to change genre and main cast, they will not animate it.

PS: maybe the daihasei will bing hopes back with some decent story that can get animated.
From what your saying, to you it looks like Misaka abandon her friends and do it all on her own. But didn't she also do that in railgun season 1 of anime? she's been doing that all the time in the railgun so what's the surprised their?

she had fights with kuroko when kuroko is warning her on stop doing the things judgment must do

she also tried to keep secret about the .... I forgot that part. Its about the copy of margery daw of shana. The.... ah telistina and the escape of ..... forgot the stripping lady.

the main point is. Mikoto doing things on her own isn't something to be surprised off because she's like that since the beginning.

The author didn't do any wrong. The portrayal of railgun anime is just too moeblob and down played real story of academy city that's why most people would think that the railgun manga is not the railgun they knew.

But if you start from the railgun manga you might get disappointed on the railgun anime

as for 2nd season of railgun. Of course there would be one , you silly

railgun is money maker of jcstaff. it did doubles the earning of index I and money do the talking but expect some major plot manipulation if they did tried to make a railgun II

Tags
fantasy, shounen