AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Aquarion EVOL - Episode 17 Rating
Perfect 10 8 17.39%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 26.09%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 34.78%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 10.87%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 6.52%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.17%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.17%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-24, 08:02   Link #141
Zuul

Andy is a Fudo in the making.

He just needs to learn to speak in an enigmatic way normal humans cannot understand.
Old 2012-04-24, 08:42   Link #142
miketyson

Now that this episode has settled in, I present the following possibility:

Mikono:Kagura :: Amata:Zessica

...with the difference being Mikono's powers (or just narrative convenience) make her more aware of the A-Z "connection" than Amata is at this time. In slightly more detail: "fate" (whether "real" or "contrived", e.g. by Mykage) is pushing things in the K=>M and Z=>A direction, and it's Mikono's and Amata's poor luck () to have to fight their own "fates" in order to get together.

I was just thinking things over and realized that Mikono has only really been jealous of Amata when he's around Zessica. It could just be because that's who they've mostly been spending time with, but Mikono could be sensing something Amata's too dense to pick up on.

Just a possibility.
Old 2012-04-24, 09:09   Link #143
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
deathflag? i think Andy watched too much Gundam, i literaly loled to death on the hole jokes
Wonder if one can negate the death flag effect if one trigger it him/herself like Andy xD
That's what you get if you persistent to use those hole sayings. He should learn it from Zessica, simple and straight to the point (although her failed too )
Old 2012-04-24, 09:19   Link #144
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
what still makes me wonder is how the heck is an Aquarion unit that once went up to space is easily breached by water (or is it milk?), plus humans & a bunch of bananas?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Old 2012-04-24, 10:23   Link #145
Arya

Watched the episode. Well, nothing new to say plot-wise. The episode was enjoyable. I lol'd at Andy calling out the deathflag trope

Shipping wise, nothing changed, too. But I like Triple-r's theory of Zessica being a sort of trigger for Mikono. It's obviously a bit risky for her, depends on her true intentions, but if she had doubts about their (Amata/Mikono) feelings it would be a smart move. Better than wait their indecisiveness. Plus she had nothing to lose now that she has been refused.
Another thing I find funny is how basically each character of the series seems having the guts to confess except the main two characters. (Really liked Andy/Mix moments).
Maybe the writers are going to force Amata to confess in advance respect of the more obvious last couple of episodes timing.

Anyways now a real trolling would be Amata and Mikono staying in stall like that until the end, without any twists, then confessing each other, lovey dovey, end titles.
Old 2012-04-24, 10:51   Link #146
Ypocaramel

you know, Crea's instruction manual.... definately rena.
Old 2012-04-24, 20:04   Link #147
broken270
Defying gravity

After seeing Zessica in a similar Mikono fashion attire, there should be a moment when two characters swap roles and personalities for a day just like what Fudo ordered the original cast to do in that episode.
Old 2012-04-24, 20:33   Link #148
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

That's what actually disappointed me with Zessica. I know she's trying to catch Amata's attention and all, but I personally don't want a Mikono 2.0. Don't get me wrong, Mikono is IMO probably the cutest female airing right now (I really REALLY dig her swimsuit while I grew into loving her normal attire) but I preferred Zessica because she was Zessica, and not a poor imitation of Mikono.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2012-04-25, 04:06   Link #149
Korps!
Ikarechimattaze!

Yunoa is the cutest female airing right now.

Nooo, not the tears! Tama supports Vega.

As for Zessica, after a little tour on Pixiv I'm pretty sure the new "dress" won't turn her into a poor imitation of Mikono (diluted dilution?), she's still a stripper at heart.
Old 2012-04-25, 05:43   Link #150
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korps! View Post
Yunoa is the cutest female airing right now.

Nooo, not the tears! Tama supports Vega.

As for Zessica, after a little tour on Pixiv I'm pretty sure the new "dress" won't turn her into a poor imitation of Mikono (diluted dilution?), she's still a stripper at heart.
I think she's trying to emulate her which is not a good thing.
But she does it in a clumsy way, totally missing the point. (DAT BOOBAGE !)

But according to the preview part of the episode will concern some identity crisis for Zessica so I'm fairly confident it's only a phase for her.
Old 2012-04-25, 12:23   Link #151
Winged_Memories
Mi Corazon

Hey guys just a quick question: In ep 16

Did Fudo or Zessica cross out that the feelings between Amata and Mikono are not mutual or is not mutual love?

I must have totally zoned out from this bit probably due to Zessica's outrageous confession lol
Old 2012-04-25, 16:48   Link #152
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Did anyone think that Zessica was referring to who her past reincarnation was 12 000 years ago when she asked "Who was I back then?" in the next episode's preview? At least, that's the impression I got, and it's a good point, since I'd say Zessica is almost definitely SOMEONE's reincarnation, since she that that vision of Kagura and Mikono. (Or Mykage was just messing with her. Can't rule that out, knowing that sadistic bastard.) If so, then next episode might be about her doubts about who she was before and her worries about it, as she kept desperately telling herself she was a "strong-willed and confident warrior".

Either way, next episode will definitely be interesting, especially with Izumo's appearance on the battlefield. Can't wait!
Old 2012-04-25, 18:42   Link #153
wisteria233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winged_Memories View Post
Hey guys just a quick question: In ep 16

Did Fudo or Zessica cross out that the feelings between Amata and Mikono are not mutual or is not mutual love?

I must have totally zoned out from this bit probably due to Zessica's outrageous confession lol
Actually it was Zessica's name on the screen that was crossed out as being unrequited. Mikono and Amata's relationship hasn't popped up recently.
Old 2012-04-25, 20:01   Link #154
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
Actually it was Zessica's name on the screen that was crossed out as being unrequited. Mikono and Amata's relationship hasn't popped up recently.
Crossed out? Names were crossed out in Ep. 16? Or are we talking about the states that are displayed on the elemental monitors?
Old 2012-04-26, 02:20   Link #155
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Poor Andy... To think he'd mess up in the most crucial moment. Mix will forgive him anyway. Definitely my favorite pairing for this show.

Also, that little island where Miyono and Zessica were sitting on reminds me too much of the one from the Aquarion movie. =.=
Old 2012-04-26, 04:33   Link #156
Winged_Memories
Mi Corazon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
Crossed out? Names were crossed out in Ep. 16? Or are we talking about the states that are displayed on the elemental monitors?
Not sure...haven't bothered with re-watching ep 16 to find out...Just had some raging from two people on Random Curiosity blog about how Amata and Mikono don't have mutual feelings and blah blah because they were pretty much focusing (rather narrow) on their relationship recently (after the Kagura got shot episode lol forgot the number)...but they only haven't been interactive with each other (two episodes) because of what Mikono had done and because their minds have been on some other stuff...and I retorted that even though things are like this they still have mutual feelings for one another but then apparently I am wrong and ep 16 told us that Amata and Mikono don't have mutual feelings (so why then does Jealousy flash for Mikono)...gahhh meh
Old 2012-04-26, 05:11   Link #157
kuromitsu

>Winged Memories

Be careful, we just had people raging/arguing about just that in this very thread. ^^;; (It's really making things not fun... :/ )
Old 2012-04-26, 06:19   Link #158
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvance View Post
Poor Andy... To think he'd mess up in the most crucial moment. Mix will forgive him anyway. Definitely my favorite pairing for this show.
A little generic but very efficient and heartwarming.
I would like to see more of those 2 together or not as well as more of Molloy and more of Sazanka .

So next week, at least some bit on Zessica and her fixing her identity crisis and getting rid of that awkward dress hopefully.
Stay yourself, girl.

I would like her to GTFO of the romance subplot while still being relevant.
Is it asking for too much ???

My theory about the original Aquarion being removed from Vega provoking its collapse is apparently wrong, since good guy Fudou wants to dig it up.

And what the fuck Izumo plans to do with the Eve. Because the deal is not only about Altea's gender disparity problem but also about preventing the planet from collapsing. Does any girl able to survive the trip really be the one who'll save them all ?

Cannot wait for Izumo kicking ass and maybe bringing a least one victory on the antagonists side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winged_Memories View Post
Not sure...haven't bothered with re-watching ep 16 to find out...Just had some raging from two people on Random Curiosity blog about how Amata and Mikono don't have mutual feelings and blah blah because they were pretty much focusing (rather narrow) on their relationship recently (after the Kagura got shot episode lol forgot the number)...but they only haven't been interactive with each other (two episodes) because of what Mikono had done and because their minds have been on some other stuff...and I retorted that even though things are like this they still have mutual feelings for one another but then apparently I am wrong and ep 16 told us that Amata and Mikono don't have mutual feelings (so why then does Jealousy flash for Mikono)...gahhh meh
Episode 16 says nothing new on Amata and Mikono's relationship.

It just confirms they aren't in a mutual love relationship (yet?) that can make the Aqauarion go berserk. Something that Zessica notices. We already know that.
Old 2012-04-26, 06:35   Link #159
ZetaAEUG

I wouldn't particularly say anyone here or there was raging, nobody seemed to be insulted and the longer posts on random curiosity seemed to be well thought out and insightful. From that discussion I was pleased to see other people analyzing the situation and having more or less the same suspicions that I've had for a while now about Mikono's character.
Old 2012-04-26, 07:35   Link #160
wisteria233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
I meant the two hearts, one was shown with color and the other was empty.
Closed Thread