AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-04-27, 01:40   Link #41
Kouji
StrykerX

You had me worried there. It'd also be cool if we got to see his early version of Naruto get translated as well.
Old 2004-04-27, 02:38   Link #42
Inn3rchild
Child Forever

Send a message via ICQ to Inn3rchild Send a message via AIM to Inn3rchild Send a message via MSN to Inn3rchild Send a message via Yahoo to Inn3rchild
Kishimoto also worked on Dragonball.

I'm not sure if this is a coincidence, but Naruto wears orange and blue....same colors as Goku.
Inn3rchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-27, 02:42   Link #43
socomberetta
Dreaming of you.

He's never worked on Dragonball.

Although, he did do a fanart of Goku and Krillin.
socomberetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-27, 09:40   Link #44
Murugan
Totally Spirited Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by socomberetta
He's never worked on Dragonball.

Although, he did do a fanart of Goku and Krillin.
Yupyup you're right....He certainly NEVER worked on dragonball...in all of the interviews in this thread he (masashi kishimoto) sais that he respects dragonball verry verry much and that he thinks that Akira Toriyama is sort of the Guuru of manga...(well he doesn't say it like this, but sort of...). He sais he was inspired a lot by dragonball and the work of Toriyama..so that makes clear and shows he has never worked on dragonball....
Murugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-27, 11:03   Link #45
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inn3rchild
Kishimoto also worked on Dragonball.

I'm not sure if this is a coincidence, but Naruto wears orange and blue....same colors as Goku.
but his hair is yellow, and his eyes blue. un-goku like.

you could draw the same paralell between Robin (WHR) and Dua MAxwell just because they wear black... except it makes no sense.

Quote:
Can't believe I forgot to add this, Kishimoto Masashi got married quite recently (I wonder if the chicks is hot...). I guess this means that instead of working on Naruto like a good boy, Mr Kishimoto is going to be spending his weeks off making little Kishimotos with Mrs Kishimoto. Gambare Kishimoto-sensei!!
hence the delay for 213...
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-27, 16:22   Link #46
jennwenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobobaggins
but his hair is yellow, and his eyes blue. un-goku like.

you could draw the same paralell between Robin (WHR) and Dua MAxwell just because they wear black... except it makes no sense.
No, actually it could make sense. Manga artists are known to pay homage to the other artists and series that inspired them. Naruto's colors could be a homage to Goku from Dragonball in that sense. Kishimoto has stated that Akira Toriyama was big influence for him. The characters don't have to be carbon copies.

(I just love that joke Kishimoto made about how Naruto's hair and clothes are silly colors for ninjas that are supposed to blend with the shadows hehe. )
jennwenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-27, 16:48   Link #47
AnimeFangirl

Who was the dude with the Naruto avatar that looked suspiciously like Goku going SS?
Old 2004-04-29, 06:01   Link #48
Murugan
Totally Spirited Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennwenn
No, actually it could make sense. Manga artists are known to pay homage to the other artists and series that inspired them. Naruto's colors could be a homage to Goku from Dragonball in that sense. Kishimoto has stated that Akira Toriyama was big influence for him. The characters don't have to be carbon copies.
Yeah. I think you're right. It cannot be coincedent. It's probably an homage yes.........no much new to say...just think you're right.
Murugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-30, 07:05   Link #49
Palani
///_^

Sorry for the revival of this thread but I thought it was a bit useless to create a new thread for this question. Since I'm writing an editorial on Kishimoto I would like to include a picture of him. But I haven't been able to find one of him. So quess what, I'm asking if anyone of you guys got an image of him or know somewhere where I can find one of him. (and no, Saying Google, Altavista or anything like a search engine is not funny and not helpfull. So don't even think of it.)
Palani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-01, 13:46   Link #50
ninja massacre

Send a message via MSN to ninja massacre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murugan
Masashi Kishimoto is the creator of Naruto. But who exactly is he?
There are no sites at all, where you can find out some more about him, or how he got on the idea to "start creating Naruto".

Does anny of you guys know more about him?
I really would like to know more about him, cause I really admire his work...

Tell me.... ....please.....

there is enough interesting information about kishimoto on narutofan
ninja massacre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-01, 13:54   Link #51
jc1104

Send a message via AIM to jc1104 Send a message via MSN to jc1104
Interesting interview ^^;

But.. when was it said that Sasuke was associated with a frog and Sakura with a snail.. even if it was said, wouldn't Sakura be associated with a slug.. ? Haha, and 90% of the letters are girls.. >.<

And.. the Make Out Paradise.. I thought it was called something else..? Was it Come Come Paradise..? Funny how Kishimoto's reaction was "NEVER"
jc1104 is offline   Reply With Quote