AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2010-05-20, 11:28   Link #3841
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenSpeed View Post
Hello everyone, I have a question regarding the game.

I've uppgraded my pc so I got a new harddrive. Witch means all my saved progress from completing all the episodes of Umineko has been lost. Now, I do know that you can unlock all the episodes up till ep 4, but you wont get ep tea party and ep ???? unlocked, aswell as the music box.

I'd like to know if there is a way to unlock these things withouth having to play through ep4 again. I do know that you can fast forward but it's way to slow if you're planing to fast forward the entire episode.

Thank you witch-hunt for making these awesome patches, you've made my life that much better. You're truly worth more props than you probably get.

p.s. I know there are alot of grammar and spelling mistakes in this text, but I don't have the time to fix it all (I'm sure you will understand what I'm trying to say anyway).
Unfortunately, there isn't any way to unlock the EP4 tea parties and music box except by playing through EP4. This was the case for the original Japanese game as well.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-20, 18:01   Link #3842
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

The skip mode is EXTREMELY fast ever since one or two ep1-4 patches ago, so you could just hold down the button for a while. You'd be surprised how fast it goes at full skip.
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-20, 23:53   Link #3843

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekodot View Post
I'm using Windows XP and installed it to D:\Umineko4. I noticed that I got two shortcuts, but I just opened the english one, Umineko no naku koro ni. It opened both the japanese game and the english patch version for some reason.

Edit: It started just opening the english version when I deleted the japanese shortcut.
Hmm... Puzzling. I will investigate this, but probably after the weekend. Perhaps you might be willing to do some small tests for me, if I come up with anything?
Message is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-23, 06:22   Link #3844
Geekodot

I don't think this has been adressed yet, but I found a spelling error in Episode 3, during Eva-Beatrice's coronation ceremony.

I am as always using windows XP, the installer version and patch v4.3.1 of the 1-4 patch.

@Message: Sure, I'll help with anything I can. The shortcut didn't mess with me anymore when I deleted the japanese game shortcut though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juEkoLXXoxo

Last edited by Geekodot; 2010-05-23 at 07:27.
Geekodot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-23, 19:36   Link #3845
moichispa
Endless witch

Another error on Episode 4 at 4.3 .1 patch

Spoiler for image:
Old 2010-05-24, 05:07   Link #3846
Geekodot

During the time Rudolf, Kyrie and Hideyoshi goes to the mansion to get food in Ep 3, there is a conversations between Eva Beato, Ronove, Leviathan and Belphegor before the action starts. When Ronove was supposed to disappear, his sprite didn't even though the appropriate sound effect and "dissolving" effect was used.

It was at the lines "After bowing, Ronove also hid himself."

Using Windows XP, the installer patch v4.3.1

Didn't have the chance to provide a screenshot this time.

Old 2010-05-24, 11:43   Link #3847
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekodot View Post
During the time Rudolf, Kyrie and Hideyoshi goes to the mansion to get food in Ep 3, there is a conversations between Eva Beato, Ronove, Leviathan and Belphegor before the action starts. When Ronove was supposed to disappear, his sprite didn't even though the appropriate sound effect and "dissolving" effect was used.

It was at the lines "After bowing, Ronove also hid himself."

Using Windows XP, the installer patch v4.3.1

Didn't have the chance to provide a screenshot this time.
Actually, I'm pretty sure it did that in the original game too. Maybe we'll mention it to 07th sometime.

Old 2010-05-25, 01:08   Link #3848
oatmeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icchan View Post
Running on Mac OS X Snow Leopard -- Episode 1 v4.3.1 is currently crashing after the big lunch.
I can confirm this crash in 4.3.1 on Mac OS X Leopard as well. The crash happens when Rudolf is on the screen and immediately after the line ".... This was the unavoidable true agenda". I tried running ONScripter from the command line and it spit out "Bus error" as it died. I can also provide the extra info from the Mac's "report" dialogue if that's needed as well.

It is possible to skip past it with the "time warp spell" (but holding control or auto-playing still crashes, of course), so it's probably the ONscripter command after that line that is doing something bad.

I also noticed a few typos and grammar issues (forgive me if I'm being too picky, I don't mean to criticize unfairly, and I definitely think the translation and everything is wonderful overall! Feel free to ignore any of what I list below if you think it's not worth changing or you disagree, or if it's been pointed out already a million times. Also I can't read Japanese so let me know if I'm misinterpreting something...):
Spoiler for list of stuff in episode 1 up until the crash point, quite long:
oatmeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-25, 07:01   Link #3849
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

... I certainly got astonished by the utter change of Kanji, despite we certainly didn't touch one bit these lines (and they were fine in the 4.2).
Going to investigate that closely, because it just makes any release completely hazardous if the bloody encoding is going nuts with the Mac version (as the kanji issue isn't present in the windows version).

Anyway, thanks for your vigilance, everyone. These shall be fixed whenever we have time for them.
Old 2010-05-25, 11:12   Link #3850
ghost_zero5

I see you decided to split the Ep6 patch in two parts?

Btw. is it coincidence that part 2 is at 6 % like the "full" Ep6 patch was for a while or is this more or less what you use for "just started"
ghost_zero5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-25, 11:19   Link #3851
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_zero5 View Post
I see you decided to split the Ep6 patch in two parts?

Btw. is it coincidence that part 2 is at 6 % like the "full" Ep6 patch was for a while or is this more or less what you use for "just started"
Yes, we decided to split it into 2, as the first part is quite interesting to read and speculate at this point of the series.

As for the second patch, it is -indeed- 6% right now, as chrono sometimes jump back and forth to keep a certain pace (when portions of the earlier chapters match the some of the later ones). That being said, the main focus is the first half of episode 6 right now.
Old 2010-05-25, 12:06   Link #3852
Kylon99

That's a very funny change in kanji. On Macs, all the characters were changed into monkeys? (猿) Where the Monkeys cry.

Is the text in SJIS? It looks like whatever is handling the encoding of Japanese doesn't like coming out of double-byte encoding back into single-byte...
Kylon99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-25, 12:15   Link #3853
Sniesk
It's Hammertime!

Are there any estimates of the whole ep6 patch in relation to the release of ep7? I mean, do you think you will you be able to release the full patch before ep7 cames out?
Sniesk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-25, 12:17   Link #3854
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylon99 View Post
That's a very funny change in kanji. On Macs, all the characters were changed into monkeys? (猿) Where the Monkeys cry.

Is the text in SJIS? It looks like whatever is handling the encoding of Japanese doesn't like coming out of double-byte encoding back into single-byte...
Actually, we already fixed that problem in the previous update to the Mac patch (Klash didn't know about it), and it isn't going to turn up again. Any Mac users can fix it by downloading v4.3.2 from the link on our website.

Quote:
Are there any estimates of the whole ep6 patch in relation to the release of ep7? I mean, do you think you will you be able to release the full patch before ep7 cames out?
I don't think there will be any problems with finishing the full EP6 patch before EP7.

Old 2010-05-25, 12:43   Link #3855
Sniesk
It's Hammertime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronotrig View Post

I don't think there will be any problems with finishing the full EP6 patch before EP7.
Wonderful, and thank you again for your work!
Sniesk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-25, 23:10   Link #3856
Franzen
The Golden Truth

First of all I want to express how much I appreciate what the team at Witch-Hunt has accomplished thus far. You are all amazing people and pretty inspiring.

Moving along, I decided to follow suit to some other posters in the thread and report the errors I happen along while I replay episodes 1-4.

Here's what I have for now from episode 1. I'm running on Windows XP with the 4.3.1 patch, full version.

Spoiler for Umineko, game 1, Kinzo's study:

Figured it would be easiest to underline the problem. Keep up the effort, Witch-Hunt team!

Didn't decide to take any screenshots before this point but there were definitely a half dozen or so errors up until I reached this area of the game that I noticed.
Franzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-26, 00:07   Link #3857
chronotrig

@Franzen:
Yes, about half of EP1 has never seen a full edit pass since we first did it back during the group's infancy. The more help people can give us in cleaning that section up, the less time it will take us when we do find the time to go back and edit everything.

Old 2010-05-26, 08:13   Link #3858
Geekodot

Spelling error in Episode 3 Tea party while discussing Santa-san.

We instead of when in the sentence "how old were you we he stopped coming?"

Old 2010-05-26, 21:08   Link #3859
Franzen
The Golden Truth

Here's the rest of the errors or odd wording I came across in Episode 1.

Spoiler for Game 1 errors:

There were some other minor moments where I was skeptical on how things were worded but felt like I was nit-picking.

Onwards, to episode 2.
Franzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 02:25   Link #3860
cmos

Is it true that you're not cooperating with GameFAQs group anymore? Why is that?
cmos is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
translation