Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-01-28, 15:07   Link #1461
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrupts View Post
Why don't you make it a fact? xD

Kallen is closest to Arashi from X, kinda. But other than this, she is totally different. Then again, so is C.C in terms of character, but i guess it is more CLAMP-ish than Kallen.

C.C is Clamp-ish if only for her mysterious demeanor and her long flowing hair.

In addition there also seems to be a love-affair with her uh rear. Which admittedly one must give much kudus to the artists.

Quote:
Um, as for the bottom/up/etc {lol}, yvj this is the truth::
Quote:
Spoiler for someone else gets to top in the end, woah:
And it's the only truth that matters

Spoiler for The truth:
Old 2009-01-28, 15:12   Link #1462
Eliarine

Then again there aren't that many official Clamp pictures for the series; I'd blame Sunrise itself for the lack of Kalulu official pics. :/

As for the LuluSuza/Suzalulu "debate"
Spoiler for ...:
Old 2009-01-28, 15:16   Link #1463
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliarine View Post
Then again there aren't that many official Clamp pictures for the series; I'd blame Sunrise itself for the lack of Kalulu official pics. :/

Spoiler for ...:
Remember this is the man who already has hundreds of fan art of him in a dress.

I see where you are coming from but Luluko sealed the deal for me on this issue.
Old 2009-01-28, 15:19   Link #1464
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

*agrees with Eliarine*

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvj View Post
I see where you are coming from but Luluko sealed the deal for me on this issue.
As I see it, Lelouch would even be "seme" in that relationship if he was female.
Especially then. xD
Old 2009-01-28, 15:22   Link #1465
Eliarine

Quote:
Remember this is the man who already has hundreds of fan art of him in a dress.

Luluko is precisely one of the reasons that prevent me from seeing the pairing in the most popular order Lelouch already gets embarrassed enough in a dress, I just can't see him carrying on the role of the woman to the bedroom without murdering anyone on the way xD;
Old 2009-01-28, 15:23   Link #1466
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliarine View Post

Spoiler for ...:
That is totally right. C.C x L >x2398 Kallen x Lelouch in the marketing department.

I do not know but Lelouch to me, seemed like "smooth criminal" towards Kallen in #7 in the sex-proposal. lulz {now are we really gonna open a debate about Lelouch or something? In the two-sex-tease moments, one he was semi-"i'm the man" and on the other, the girl topped him. |DDD }
Old 2009-01-28, 15:24   Link #1467
Levy
differently sober

this discussion makes me ROFL, I can't stay with you guys right now, but I love you all XDDD

I think I'd go with LuluSuza, if I have to, just because Lelouch is too much of a control freak, and has a complex toward Suzaku. Suzaku is more elastic.

anyway, there would never be a man more uke than poor Guilford XD
Old 2009-01-28, 15:28   Link #1468
yvj
U Mad?

Did a bit of research (Wikipedia )

I've never read any Yaoi so can anyone tell us how the Japanese fans see it?

Spoiler for Yaoi realtionships:

Stereotypically it sounds like what I expected. The stereotypical seme would fall to Suzaku and Lelouch would be the Uke. Though I still see Lelouch as a
Spoiler for again:

Quote:
That is totally right. C.C x L >x2398 Kallen x Lelouch in the marketing department.

I do not know but Lelouch to me, seemed like "smooth criminal" towards Kallen in #7 in the sex-proposal. lulz {now are we really gonna open a debate about Lelouch or something? In the two-sex-tease moments, one he was semi-"i'm the man" and on the other, the girl topped him. |DDD }

That is a good point. He did go strong against Kallen in that EP
Old 2009-01-28, 15:35   Link #1469
Eliarine

^ Japanese fandom likes Suzalulu way more, but Japan is the land of yaoi stereotypes. :/ I'm really not too fond of those and I think our two favorite protagonists are too complicated to fit into them. If anything
Spoiler for lala~:
Old 2009-01-28, 16:36   Link #1470
ginran
~Smile~

Quote:
Because it doesn't matter what relationship he's in Lelouch will be the bottom.

Although Rolo might be the only exception.
XD I figured that. its always Lelouch's name comes second, even with Rolo(depending on who you ask).
Old 2009-01-28, 16:45   Link #1471
ginran
~Smile~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levy View Post
Although I ship CCXLelouch and I'm quite persuaded that she came to love him by the end of the series, what makes the pairing great for me is that it stems from a completely different kind of relationship.
None of them is head over heels and lost in daydreaming for the other, but they got a lot of deep interaction and they are very important to each other. It's the plot that call for their interaction, and it would have been the same even removing all the teasing between them. It was, and still is, a big deal, even if the authors decided that it's not, for him, in the field of love.
Geass is not a shojo anime, after all, and I think that they never planned to give Lelouch a resolved love life, since he has to die in the end and they knew that XD

I don't think that merchandising plays this big role in people liking CCXLelouch, it's more the fact that CC, unlike the majority of female leads, is a very well-loved character. I was really surprised that she was so popular among the fans. Generally, the main female characters are always kinda hated. ^^;

Why there is no merchandising about the other girls? I don't know, but I should start to count them, because it could be that Suzaku has more compromising images with Lelouch than C.C., and gay sells even better! XD

Overall, I agree with you. Sunrise like to bitch with the fans like madly. XD

Ah, and I vote for 'Lululo' ! it sounds so stupid! XDDD
although I don't ship CCxLulu, I think she developed some feelings for him by the end, whether they were love or not, they were there. And of course what is going on in the actual plot is more important than the teasing and things.

I agree with you about CC also. She was and still is an extremely popular character, which also surprised me. For once, theres actually a much smaller number of haters for the main female, which is even more strange to me considering how many fangirls Lelouch has!
Old 2009-01-28, 17:01   Link #1472
Grey Dawn
zzzzzzzz

While offtopic, I'll again disagree with the claim that CC is "the" main female character. Her complete lack of involvement in most of R2's plot and the geass subplot being so underdone really undermines her importance. She probably should've been, but I don't feel like she was.

But she is popular, very popular.
Old 2009-01-28, 17:42   Link #1473
ginran
~Smile~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Dawn View Post
While offtopic, I'll again disagree with the claim that CC is "the" main female character. Her complete lack of involvement in most of R2's plot and the geass subplot being so underdone really undermines her importance. She probably should've been, but I don't feel like she was.

But she is popular, very popular.
Now that I think about it, thats true^^ there isnt a lot of her in r2, so its more appropriate to call her one of the main females, not "the" main female, like you said.
Old 2009-01-28, 17:52   Link #1474
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

No what's important is not the presence but the impact on the story. CC is the female who has the greatest impact of all female character in the cast. So she is indeed the lead female of CG (S1 and S2 include). But as you said, it's off topic
Old 2009-01-28, 23:14   Link #1475
yvj
U Mad?

Oh for various reasons most people believe 100% that Suzaku won't "move on" and find someone else.

For various reasons the fandom is kind of split on whether Kallen would "move one" and find someone else. (I'd like to think the poem would decrease it a bit but que sera sera)

But what about Nina? Is she ever getting over Euphie?

Y'know this show has a lot of people who hang onto lost loved ones. Charles didn't seem to get over Marianne at all either,
Old 2009-01-28, 23:15   Link #1476
Lord_Bear
*Author

I doubt Nina would ever move on or get over Euphie; she's been so scarred by her experiences in love that I think she would avoid it for the rest of her life.
Old 2009-01-28, 23:20   Link #1477
Nobodyman9
Banned

Well, quite frankly, I think most people want Nina to die a horrible violent death. They're probably not too concerned with whether or not she "moves on"
Old 2009-01-28, 23:21   Link #1478
Lord_Bear
*Author

*Sigh*

Do people actually care about character development, or are first impressions the only things that matter?
Old 2009-01-28, 23:32   Link #1479
yvj
U Mad?

There are a number of people who feel that Nina was redeemed to a degree (I think?).

Funny enough I don't think she deserves to move on. I'm not sure she ever had the sense of "salvation" that Suzaku or Kallen felt with the ones they loved respectively.

So her love may actually end up being a punishment.

Isn't it funny that its almost impossible to get a conversation going in this thread unless Kallen is involved XD
Old 2009-01-28, 23:34   Link #1480
Lord_Bear
*Author

I'm one of those people.

-------------------------------

“You’ve done enough, Nina. I understand your true intent through these words of yours right now. Thank you for working with Zero…with me, Euphy’s enemy.”

“I won’t forgive Zero. Probably never in my entire life. But apart from that, I believe I have to find my own answer. That’s all.”

“You’re admirable.”

-----------------------

That's more than enough for me. XD
Closed Thread