AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-01-14, 13:07   Link #5941
Johnny
Working the bags...

I think she just said that so they wouldn't cause a fuss at the mixer if she told them the whole story. Which Haruto also picked up on so I see no harm done...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 14:41   Link #5942
justavisitor

finally had a chance to read the latest chapter!!

Damn, after reading a chapter full of Eba, my inner voice is urging me to switch side again...must resist...

I decide to stop predicting and just wait to see what Seo can do...knowing Seo, he will probably come up with some typical excuse for haruto to meet Eba again (Ex..that tennis club Senpai wanna get Eba and asks Haruto for help...) Oh well, can't wait for the next chapter!!
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 15:55   Link #5943
H23

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
knowing Seo, he will probably come up with some typical excuse for haruto to meet Eba again (Ex..that tennis club Senpai wanna get Eba and asks Haruto for help...)
That's probably what's gonna happen..
Old 2011-01-14, 15:59   Link #5944
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
By "something" I was thinking more of something more than friendship. Well, it's actually good that they can speak casually again after all that happened, though of course it's been a year and a half since then. I'm somewhat disappointed in Eba's "friend of my ex-boyfriend" though - it's like her (long distance) dating Haruto and spending time in Hiroshima never happened, which irks me.
[See Johnny's reply.] She kepts it short and simple.

Quote:
finally had a chance to read the latest chapter!!

Damn, after reading a chapter full of Eba, my inner voice is urging me to switch side again...must resist...

I decide to stop predicting and just wait to see what Seo can do...knowing Seo, he will probably come up with some typical excuse for haruto to meet Eba again (Ex..that tennis club Senpai wanna get Eba and asks Haruto for help...) Oh well, can't wait for the next chapter!!
She is going to call him when she is in trouble, asking for help. Of course this will be at the worst possible moment. *Tears condom wrapper* *ring-ring*
Old 2011-01-14, 16:48   Link #5945
thedonkiluminati

Just read the latest chapter, now I'm convinced this series will end just like most predicted, Haruto back with Eba. Too bad, thought Asuka had a shot
Old 2011-01-14, 16:55   Link #5946
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
[See Johnny's reply.] She kepts it short and simple.

She is going to call him when she is in trouble, asking for help. Of course this will be at the worst possible moment. *Tears condom wrapper* *ring-ring*
*dies of laughter* dunno if Seo'd go that far but if he did that'd be his crowning achievement :'D
Old 2011-01-14, 17:29   Link #5947
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

Now that Eba's back maybe we will get to see her sister too.
SoFarGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 18:08   Link #5948
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

Haruto you're too obvious.
Spoiler for chapter 119:

Better have a leash ready, Asuka.
Old 2011-01-14, 18:14   Link #5949
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haru~ View Post
Haruto you're too obvious.
Spoiler for chapter 119:

Better have a leash ready, Asuka.
Spoiler for Eba:
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 18:21   Link #5950
cmgmcmg
Friendly friend

i don't see why everyone is dissing the kazama arc and calling him a corpse bastard?! that was definitely one of my favorite arcs of any of these wimpy leading male character love stories in which he always gets a whole harem to himself for doing nothing, that arc set this manga aside from all the countless others lying around in the world

You think you can swing the bat? Show your bling and let me shine you!

Let's Dance!" - Dimitri
cmgmcmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 18:25   Link #5951
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgmcmg View Post
i don't see why everyone is dissing the kazama arc and calling him a corpse bastard?! that was definitely one of my favorite arcs of any of these wimpy leading male character love stories in which he always gets a whole harem to himself for doing nothing, that arc set this manga aside from all the countless others lying around in the world
So you liked a guy using the death card just to get a girl become his, even though he has a chance to live. Ignoring those who really cares for him (like Kiyomi's pleas, his family), lying to his friends (like Haruto and Asuka).
Old 2011-01-14, 18:33   Link #5952
Nemuru

Quote:
Have you read peoples post? There is enough explanation as to why. Lol, I feel like I could discriminate people at this stage and say that young people are more gullible at believing badly written story but that would be going too far, hoping that not the trend these day

Since I should be reasonable and logical, Do you believe someone that uses the “I’m dying” card to get someone deserves anything. If anything that is considered blackmailing forcing someone into doing something they don’t want, he’s been rejected several times already so he decided to use the I’m dying card to see if it works lol, although there was no real hold on Eba the manner on which she suddenly agree left people puzzled. Sane normal people would just visit and leave flowers in his room instead. You don't need to be in a relationship for therapy to work thus you something called "Seodrome" means bad writting.
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 18:45   Link #5953
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemuru View Post

he’s been rejected several times already so he decided to use the I’m dying card to see if it works lol, although there was no real hold on Eba the manner on which she suddenly agree left people puzzled. Sane normal people would just visit and leave flowers in his room instead. You don't need to be in a relationship for therapy to work thus you something called "Seodrome" means bad writting.
Though I agree to Eba's response to a death card is very stupid, in fairness to her, she doesn't know about "Eaten by Maggots corpse's therapy or surgery to survive" (oh wait I'm wrong she knew about it, was she?), (re-read it and "the maggot guy" decides not to take it) so she thought agreeing to the relationship with him until his death is like a compensation to his help on her in middle school days. But the break-up with "No balls" is a little too much though.
Old 2011-01-14, 18:56   Link #5954
Nemuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haru~ View Post
Though I agree to Eba's response to a death card is very stupid, in fairness to her, she doesn't know about "Eaten by Maggots corpse's therapy or surgery to survive" (oh wait I'm wrong she knew about it, was she?), so she thought agreeing to the relationship with him until his death is like a compensation to his help on her in middle school days. But the break-up with "No balls" is a little too much though.
I already blame it on bad writing lol, I should leave this topic behind, it's usually some Anti-Eba fan bringing up the badly poorly written Tokyo as an argument against her that gets me riled up

Is there a hope that Seo can redeem himself as a mangaka in the future with his next manga that’s what I'm more interested in, Suzuka wasn't terrible.. but KNIM is just outstandingly trash at this stage.

P.S... Eba fan's are not in the minority ^^.
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 22:52   Link #5955
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemuru View Post
Is there a hope that Seo can redeem himself as a mangaka in the future with his next manga that’s what I'm more interested in, Suzuka wasn't terrible.. but KNIM is just outstandingly trash at this stage.

P.S... Eba fan's are not in the minority ^^.
I personally thought Suzuka was very good, though what transpired had a 0.5% chance of happening in real life...but that's what most romance manga is about, idealism .

As for Seo, I have no idea what his mangas were ranked, even KNIM, so I can't call that one(though I imagine most of the things that frustrate us western readers would do the same for those in japan).
Old 2011-01-14, 22:53   Link #5956
justavisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
That's a very good one...too bad animesuki doesn't allow me to give you some +rep...but knowing Haruto, and based on his senpai, Yamato, Haruto won't use condom at all when he really likes the girl (Suzuka vs Honoka XD)

I don't know how many ppl have stopped reading this manga..but I definitely won't stop because this manga somehow has a special place in my heart...this kind of pure school romance manga is getting rarer and rarer (Or I just don't know other good ones)...make no mistake, this is no I''s, Video girl Ai, or even Suzuka...but still, got to enjoy the manga while this kind of story still exists....no aliens, no ecchi principle...I will just enjoy this story while it lasts XD (I like To love ru also, but they are just different)
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 23:48   Link #5957
Mughi
Wordy b@stard

Quote:
... this is no I''s, Video girl Ai, or even Suzuka...but still, got to enjoy the manga while this kind of story still exists....no aliens, no ecchi principle...I will just enjoy this story while it lasts XD (I like To love ru also, but they are just different)
I agree, but the beginning of this series is just SO much better than literally EVERYTHING that has happened since the second that Eba went back to Tokyo. Since that event, I'm just reading it because the draftsmanship is so good. The story has sucked.

I mean, I keep reading and thinking after each chapter, "Gee, the drawings are SO NICE, but WHY do I keep bothering? WTH is going on with the writing?"
Mughi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 23:54   Link #5958
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Quote:
The entire arc was a plot device.

It's horrendously obvious that Seo wants to keep selling this little cash puppy of his, so when he finally get to the point where Eba and Haruto couple up, something has to ruin it. Can you blame him for it? No, of course not. This is his job, it's his living. Unfortunately at this point it's clear (to me anyway) that he doesn't really enjoy it, but hey, if it brings home the $$$ then fuck it.

At first you stick around because you've been following the manga for a year at this point, you've invested your time and emotions (to an extent) into it. Eba disappearing and cutting off communications has you worried. Something must be wrong, but what? You stick around. Seo leads you through the bushes and to the other side where you stand face to face with:

A PLOT DEVICE.

He needs their relationship to be fucked up somehow, and Kazaama is it. That's ALL he is. He was never mentioned before this arc, and he'll never be mentioned again afterwards, his sole purpose is to keep you happy, angry, or whatever, but still following along.

This entire time no one in the story has really shown the need to question their mental capacity to make a decision, but this arc does exactly that. Eba turns fucking retarded, Kazama is the biggest selfish, morally corrupt prick in the entire story, and Haruto cements the fact that his twig and berries left him long ago for greater pasture somewhere, perhaps as firewood for the local boy scouts.

1. If you're in a relationship, and you establish that fact, and at least ONE side is adamant about it, then that relationship will continue until it's over.

2. With #1's information acknowledged, if something comes along to fuck around with it all, again, at least one side is going to stick to their guns.

3. With #1 and #2 both acknowledged, if sticking to your guns doesn't work, you fold and realize things aren't meant to be. You fought the good fight, but there's no need to go any further.

That being said:

--> Haruto and Eba are in a relationship. Haruto loves Eba, Eba loves Haruto. We know this. They know this. We are not shown any faults otherwise.

--> Kazaama comes in to fuck around with it all. His reason? I wanted Eba in the past, she refused me. Now I'm about to kick the bucket, so why not try again before I go? Any normal person in their right god damn mind would reject this so hard the Earth would spin backwards fast enough to rewind time to before the question was asked just so they could bitch slap the person right before they asked it.

--> This is where Eba's character is turned into a tool, a wrench to keep the gear of the plot device continuously turning. She refused the guy when she wasn't in a relationship every time, so naturally you would assume now that she's in one she'd do the same. Nope, she transcends pity sex and pities his damn existence. Congrats Eba, your a tool!

--> This is also where Haruto turns into a fucking moron. Further more. You can't snap your girlfriend out of 'charity mode' (not that he even tried to) so as a guy you should tell the guy behind all this (Kazamma) to go into the future and have sexual intercourse with himself during surgery so that he can essentially fuck himself to death, but instead he treats the entire situation as a challenge, or a game if you will. That alone devalues the relationship he's got going with Eba, but the worst part is that even when it's clear as day he can't change her mind, or keep Kazaama from being King of the Dying Dick, he still INSISTS on being Kazama's friend and sticking by Eba somehow. Congrats, you're a bigger pile of shit then your girlfriend!

So what happens is this:

- The relationship is broken apart for someone who was thrown into the story that had essentially been there before Haruto, and suddenly given higher priority than him by means of DEATH.

- Eba decides to accept the situation, make Haruto feel like a cow shit, suck the entire life out of their relationship.

- Haruto sticks by her treating him like shit, the guy treating their relationship like shit, and consequently acknowledges that he himself is shit.

That's why the arc was garbage. Every time a relationship happens in this manga something happens, always. Seo is afraid to actually keep his characters in an honest to god coupling because he doesn't have a god damn clue what to do afterwards. His brain drips out his ear and through the floor below him, where the tenants have buckets waiting since it's apparently been a problem for a while. Suzuka is proof of this, since once he's actually happy with a relationship, he ends the entire damn story since he pretty much time shoves the two characters up to having a damn baby while in high school.

Look at Haruto's relationship with Asuka now, it's a joke. We've gotten more chapters previously of them setting up everything then we do them being an actual couple. Oh, he walks out of the love hotel, oh he's going to a mixer, what's next? Oh, he woke up in the middle of a pile of naked women and cocaine? She forgives all that?

SUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure.

Haruto is getting back with Eba 1,000,000,000%, and this past chapter is proof of it. We're all sitting on the sidelines enjoying snacks with the clean up crew, waiting for the next inevitable train wreck.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-15, 00:16   Link #5959
Johnny
Working the bags...

Hell, your post was leagues better in itself, then the soap opera brain cancer castrate Haruto arc...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-15, 00:31   Link #5960
Mughi
Wordy b@stard

Awesome post Master Chibi and right on the money. Two fairly good characters in a pretty good relationship we were all enjoying and wondering where it would go, got in a writing train wreck because on some level, the Mangaka sux at writing. Excellent at drafting, awful at story.

Everyone likes to hold up Suzuka as something pretty special. I read it all through and even bought most of the translated tanks... that is until I realized that Suzuka didn't just seem like a biotch, she actually WAS a biotch. I stuck with it because the side chara were so good, but the heroine? Awful. One of the MOST awful I've EVER read. I really disliked Suzuka as a chara pretty much all through the series. She was cranky and rarely smiled. He gave the protagonist a terrible time, just walked on him and almost begrudgingly gave in finally, only to ditch the poor guy when it really mattered. Once she DOES turn up again, she's just as dour as before... What I ended-up taking away as the lesson of Suzuka was don't have premarital sex or you'll F'up your life stuck with someone you shouldn't have gone after in the first place.

When KNIM started, it didn't HAVE that Suzuka feel and Eba v.1 was a fairly genki chara. I liked her style and felt good about her as the heroine. She actually balanced against Nanami v.1 and since Haruto was a likable guy himself... self-assurred and attractive to the others in the series, I was pretty happy reading along. Once the schism in the time/space continuum occurred and Eba v.1 became Eba v.2 "Darkgurl" causing BakaHaruto to emerge, this story has just been one of hanging on hoping someone will survive the wreck intact. No sign of life so far though...
Mughi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a town where you rage, adult romance, drama, ecchi, logic doesn't apply, manga, nice christmas gift seo, power ups, romance, seo kouji, shounen, slice of life