Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-10, 20:30   Link #121
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Kim View Post
Well anyhow, Bleach hasn't really revealed the true powers of any of the VC's in the storyline. Most of them are concealed. We can't really determine how powerful they can be when it comes to serious fights. (Look what happened to Charlotte LOL).
Renji specifically (sp) said that besides himself, no other vc had bankai. That was one of the reasons renji was pushing ikkaku to be a captain and the main reason ikkaku hides his bankai, if a lot of vc's had bankai then ikkaku probably wouldn't have to hide his bankai
Old 2009-05-10, 20:41   Link #122
tensashinigami
ヴァイザード

Ikkaku and Renji (might not be qualified to become captain); especially,
Spoiler for Ikkaku:
Old 2009-05-10, 20:54   Link #123
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tensashinigami View Post
Ikkaku and Renji (might not be qualified to become captain); especially,
Spoiler for Ikkaku:
Its not that ikkaku is too proud to be a captain, its that he wants to die under zaraki's command
Old 2009-05-10, 21:46   Link #124
Justin Kim
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyte View Post
Its not that ikkaku is too proud to be a captain, its that he wants to die under zaraki's command
Meh Renji can't be a captain at his level anyhow. Renji is way too slow at the moment, and even if he did have a bankai before Ichigo, it is kind of sad that he wasn't able to defeat Byakuya. (Ichigo just stepped into Soul Society defeating all these VC's and some Captains along the way getting progressively stronger). Renji's bankai has many characteristic flaws including the very speed of it, and the chakra points. Although it has a beam, it really does take some time to get it firing, and as we all know, Renji has a limit to the bankai. Unlike Ichigo, who has much potential to be a captain, and his bankai just seems to last forever whenever he gets into it. (I mean all it does is increase the attack force of his swings, and the majority of the power goes into his speed).
Old 2009-05-10, 23:36   Link #125
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Meh Renji can't be a captain at his level anyhow. Renji is way too slow at the moment, and even if he did have a bankai before Ichigo, it is kind of sad that he wasn't able to defeat Byakuya. (Ichigo just stepped into Soul Society defeating all these VC's and some Captains along the way getting progressively stronger). Renji's bankai has many characteristic flaws including the very speed of it, and the chakra points. Although it has a beam, it really does take some time to get it firing, and as we all know, Renji has a limit to the bankai. Unlike Ichigo, who has much potential to be a captain, and his bankai just seems to last forever whenever he gets into it. (I mean all it does is increase the attack force of his swings, and the majority of the power goes into his speed).
i think in time renji's bankai will get better, byakuya said it was to soon for renji to be using bankai, maybe renji's bankai is incomplete like hitsuguya's because they are both so young
Old 2009-05-11, 01:28   Link #126
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Kira will destroy Renji for the very reason pointed out in your post. Renji's bankai easily one of the stupidest one in Bleach. No wonder the dude keeps losing even though he is got such cool tattos. His low "chakra points" may be at fault too..
Old 2009-05-11, 01:33   Link #127
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Kira will destroy Renji for the very reason pointed out in your post. Renji's bankai easily one of the stupidest one in Bleach. No wonder the dude keeps losing even though he is got such cool tattos. His low "chakra points" may be at fault too..
i doubt renji would even have bankai with out his tattoos, he should get more tattoos and then his bankai won't suck so bad
Old 2009-05-11, 02:24   Link #128
Mitsuomi1971
Amagai Shusuke's Brother

I am sure there is a simple way to defeat Yumichika's shikai...and frankly he claims he wants to "keep it a secret" so you mean even Yama-jii does not know what a 4th seats shikai is? lmao...Kubo really made this world way too complicated for himself.
Old 2009-05-11, 02:51   Link #129
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsuomi1971 View Post
I am sure there is a simple way to defeat Yumichika's shikai...and frankly he claims he wants to "keep it a secret" so you mean even Yama-jii does not know what a 4th seats shikai is? lmao...Kubo really made this world way too complicated for himself.
yumichika is a 5th seat
and he pretended that his partial release was his actual shikai, and why would yama-jii care what a 5th seats shikai is?
Old 2009-05-11, 06:33   Link #130
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
It's still unclear if he can drain reiatsu indefinitely or if his "tentacles" can be easily avoided...anyway, it's still only shikai. I don't think that Yamamoto and the other captains give a dime about people's shikais, unless they're captain candidates (as Aizen claimed, he mesmerized everyone while publicly showing his shikai), and since Aizen was able to hide his true ability, everyone can
Old 2009-05-11, 20:20   Link #131
Justin Kim
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
It is kind of sad that Ichigo got his bankai in less time. Renji had a bankai concealed from Byakuya, but still was not capable enough of denting the captain.
Old 2009-05-11, 20:25   Link #132
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
It is kind of sad that Ichigo got his bankai in less time. Renji had a bankai concealed from Byakuya, but still was not capable enough of denting the captain.
he didnt have it concealed from byakuya, he got his bankai right before ichigo and went to fight byakuya immediately after achieving it
Old 2009-05-12, 04:31   Link #133
kitten320

Quote:
he didnt have it concealed from byakuya, he got his bankai right before ichigo and went to fight byakuya immediately after achieving it
Still it is really unfair
Ichigo got bankai in 3 days and was a Shingami for like a week and was able to own everyone while Renji had been Shinigami for a very long time, studied at Shinigami school and still can't do much

He can't even use bankai properly while Ichigo controls it like if he had it for centuries

Stupid Ichigo
Old 2009-05-12, 04:36   Link #134
Mitsuomi1971
Amagai Shusuke's Brother

Because in Bleach power is inherent and not based on hard work...basically, you either have strong powers or you don't. Someone like Ichigo who was imbued by the hougyoku and actually has a shinigami father, and who knows if his mother had some kind of abilities as well...what I am saying is that Ichigo is like Neo in the Matrix or countless other heroes who are the most powerful for no good reason

Monir: LONG LIVE FILLER...kubo has gotten tiring to me, therefore I favor the fillers myself

argghhh yes Yumichicka is the 5th seat, my apologies...lol...we have never seen the 4th seat for squad 11...anyway my point was totally missed in favor of pointing out my error...so nevermind and on with the show
Old 2009-05-12, 11:23   Link #135
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Monir: LONG LIVE FILLER...kubo has gotten tiring to me, therefore I favor the fillers myself
Why does it matter where the episodes come from? Quality and enjoyability vary from either, regardless of origination. Rather than hate or like "fillers" as some sort of whole, your opinion should be for the individual episodes.
Old 2009-05-13, 05:06   Link #136
Mitsuomi1971
Amagai Shusuke's Brother

I agree, which was my point...the so called Canon episodes imho have become poorer than the "filler" eps. It is simply my opinion, nothing more.
Old 2009-05-13, 18:01   Link #137
Justin Kim
*Artist

Quote:
Renji did not show it to the captain, instead when it was a "time of crisis" and he needed to save Rukia, that was when he realized the big guns were necessary. I mean I guess it's commendable.